Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Derp100396

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get a Luigi's Mansion backup to work. Every time I press start at the title screen, it freezes. I checked the compatibility list and it says it works, but for me it doesn't. I have no idea what's going on!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Huh... DM might be the way to go. Any tips getting the HBC to update? My friends Wii is stuck on the Beta 8 HBC. When i download the update, the bar disappears from the screen and the HBC reboots. Checking the version again, its still Beta 8.
I'm not sure what "bar" you're talking about that's dissapearing.

How are you running the hackmii installer?

wingzrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still trying to get USBLOADERGX & the newest DIOSMIOS to work.

I used Pimpmywii to check all my files and update them, then I installed (USB) DIOSMIOS_2.10.

Gamecube games work from USB, but I'm having two issues.

1: Wii Turns off at random when booting a gamecube game through usb. Afterwords I have to turn my wii back on again and hope the game loads, otherwise it never even reaches the DIOSMIOS boot screen.

2: Retail discs refuse to load. I've been able to fix this by reverting my wii's gamecube booting by reinstalling MIOS (v10?) from modmii.

Is there any way to install DIOSMIOS & make it stable, as well as load gamecube games through the disc channel without any issues? Is diosmios just really unstable through usb or something?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Still trying to get USBLOADERGX & the newest DIOSMIOS to work.

I used Pimpmywii to check all my files and update them, then I installed (USB) DIOSMIOS_2.10.

Gamecube games work from USB, but I'm having two issues.

1: Wii Turns off at random when booting a gamecube game through usb. Afterwords I have to turn my wii back on again and hope the game loads, otherwise it never even reaches the DIOSMIOS boot screen.

2: Retail discs refuse to load. I've been able to fix this by reverting my wii's gamecube booting by reinstalling MIOS (v10?) from modmii.

Is there any way to install DIOSMIOS & make it stable, as well as load gamecube games through the disc channel without any issues? Is diosmios just really unstable through usb or something?
Dios Mios, for some reason, seems to have issues with some USB devices (both random shut-downs and not getting to the DIOS MIOS logo are symptoms for that.) Depending on what's possible with your particular USB drive, you could try getting a new USB cable or changing to a different enclosure. If that doesn't work or you can't (respectively) then, unfortunately, I'd suggest reporting your drive in the thread in my sig and finding a different USB drive :wink:

EDIT : Dios Mios needs a USB drive connected even to play retail disks. If not, it kinds doesn't get to the retail disk the same way it wouldn't get to the DIOS MIOS logo. If your drive isn't wanting to play nice with it, it might also be causing problems with retail disk launching.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what "bar" you're talking about that's dissapearing.

How are you running the hackmii installer?

Im talking about the download bar. It fills to 100%, then just resets. I have no idea why. What exactly do you mean, how are you running the hackmii installer? If you are talking about how im updating the HBC, its the automatic one that comes up.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Im talking about the download bar. It fills to 100%, then just resets. I have no idea why. What exactly do you mean, how are you running the hackmii installer? If you are talking about how im updating the HBC, its the automatic one that comes up.
Oh, okay.
Just download the hackmii installer here
http://bootmii.org/download/
and run it and it'll update HBC for you
(it's what the progress bar is TRYING to download, and failing ... maybe because it's beta ? who knows. )

Mugen8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm new to the forum but I'm here because I'm having some black screen freezing trouble on my wii.
Specs:
  • Soft-modded Wii with HBC and forwarder channel for latest build of Usb loader Gx 3 for ios 249 and Mios Dios 2.10 wad installed
  • An external HD with 2 partition scheme:
  • (a) WBFS format wtih functioning retail wii disc and installed backups
  • (b) MS DOS (FAT32) format drive which won't boot either the retail disc OR the installed iso backups....
My problem is that every time I go to load a gamecube game either on the disc or after it successfully installs in usb loader gx, the screen goes to black and dios mios logo never appears... I've made sure everything is up to date and not sure what to do next. Help?

Mugen8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you really should just use a single fat32 formatted drive
a program called wbfs2fat will convert the drive and save the games for you

Okay I successfully converted my WBFS partition to fat32 and deleted the other partition, but I'm having the same black screen freeze issues, and on one occasion my wii actually completely powered off when trying to mount a gamecube game. Any tips on what needs to be done to my HD to make it more stable?

EDIT: I've found someone with a similar problem who has able to fix it here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/black-screen-and-system-freezing-in-all-loaders.349177/

Unfortunately after following his steps and installing d2x cIOS I still have the same freezing issue!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Okay I successfully converted my WBFS partition to fat32 and deleted the other partition, but I'm having the same black screen freeze issues, and on one occasion my wii actually completely powered off when trying to mount a gamecube game. Any tips on what needs to be done to my HD to make it more stable?

EDIT: I've found someone with a similar problem who has able to fix it here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/black-screen-and-system-freezing-in-all-loaders.349177/

Unfortunately after following his steps and installing d2x cIOS I still have the same freezing issue!
a few things that still could be causing you problems :

1. When you said the latest version of GX 3, the latest official release (v3.0 r1180) is still too old to run any GC games off of USB. You'd need the latest beta build which is presently r1215 http://www.mediafire.com/download/5vfc6o3pkv92omu/R1215_IOS222-249-250.7z

2. Dios Mios needs to have the it's game ISO's on the 1st partition in the MBR (USB1) which needs to be formatted to FAT32 with 32k cluster size or smaller. The partition needs to be a primary (not extended or virtual) partition (no dynamic disk "volumes" either) and the drive must use 512 byte sectors (not 4k sectors) and there are some USB drives that, for some reason, DM just can't deal with even though Wii games run just find on it.
SO
It looks like by converting your WBFS to FAT32 it would automatically end up with 32k clusters and was probably already USB1 which was what seemed to be part of the problem before. ... That just leaves us with dynamic disk (fixable) or the other problems that can only be fixed by getting a new drive or enclosure. :wink: If you're lucky, switching out for a new USB cable might help, too, and make sure you're plugging the USB into the "bottom" USB plug ... otherwise the situation doesn't look good.

Mugen8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help Maxternal!! After updating GX and reformatting my drive to FAT32 with a 32k cluster size as the primary MBR I was able to get my gamecube games to work!!!

:yayu:

Reactions: Maxternal

CJ_Oatmealski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble with .001, .002, .003, ect file extensions. I have soft modded my wii and I haven't had any problems putting my games on my wii until I downloaded a Soul Calibur 2 torrent. It took about seven hours to fully download and when I opened up the folder (not a .rar) I was greeted with this:
4wYztTa.jpg

I saw that one user on TPB must have put the files in a .rar and extracted them to a folder without the .sfv and the .nfo files so I did that and I had no luck.

I looked up how to combine files in that format, I ended up using hjsplit and just getting a "file" rather than a .iso I tried renaming it and using DiscEx and it still didn't work.

This has really been irritating me. I would really appreciate some help. I posted a thread about this and I have yet to get help.

CJ_Oatmealski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So uh, question.
My Wii is hacked and whatnot, though it isn't compatible with GameCube games. Is there anyway I could play GC games off of a USB stick? Just curious.

Install Multi Mod Manager onto your SD card, then after you do that you must download DIOS MIOS.wad and install DIOS MIOS from Multi Mod Manager.

Reactions: Nxenz

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I am having trouble with .001, .002, .003, ect file extensions. I have soft modded my wii and I haven't had any problems putting my games on my wii until I downloaded a Soul Calibur 2 torrent. It took about seven hours to fully download and when I opened up the folder (not a .rar) I was greeted with this:
4wYztTa.jpg

I saw that one user on TPB must have put the files in a .rar and extracted them to a folder without the .sfv and the .nfo files so I did that and I had no luck.

I looked up how to combine files in that format, I ended up using hjsplit and just getting a "file" rather than a .iso I tried renaming it and using DiscEx and it still didn't work.

This has really been irritating me. I would really appreciate some help. I posted a thread about this and I have yet to get help.
I can't be sure but there's a possibility that they just split up the files without putting them into any further format at all. There are several ways to do this as well as several ways to put them back together if that's the case. The first one that comes to mind id to put them back together with a hex editor like HxD (google it)
You open it and go to extras->file tools->concatenate...->add
and then you select all the files and hit "open", put them in order, type in a file to save them as and hit "ok"

You'd just then have to decide what the original "big" file was, whether ISO, CISO, WBFS, RAR, ZIP or whatever. Just trial and error checking different extensions and seeing what works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU