Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

DevilKIN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No SD slot, no way to hack it.
yeah.. yeah.. same way everything is apparently unhackable.
Heard that bs many times.

Nintendo would have left a back door.. no way in hell they would make it impossible to update firmware.
Has anyone even tried.. or has everyone just taken it on faith that it will never be hacked.
Because I can assure you that assimilation is our biggest enemy.

Because all I have heard is "no sd slot" .. i see a disc drive and usb port "for what reason idk" and i see the pins that are used to initially flash the device.

If some unexpected bug showed up that Nintendo was not aware of and they had to get all Wii Mini users to return their devices to fix it... i don't see them not leaving some opening for user end firmware updating.

Or as a company I can get troll's to post stuff like this:
No SD slot, no way to hack it.
And fob off a entire gaming community from even trying.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo would have left a back door.. no way in hell they would make it impossible to update firmware.
Just like they wouldn't have made it impossible to update the DS Lite's firmware without a new model.

Wait...

Or as a company I can get troll's to post stuff like this:

And fob off a entire gaming community from even trying.
The problem is that you assume that people must care.

People don't care, though. Without hackers who give a shit and put forth effort, this will not get hacked.

If you care enough, do it yourself. Stop complaining that other people aren't doing the work for you.

DevilKIN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just like they wouldn't have made it impossible to update the DS Lite's firmware without a new model.

Wait...

The problem is that you assume that people must care.

People don't care, though. Without hackers who give a shit and put forth effort, this will not get hacked.

If you care enough, do it yourself. Stop complaining that other people aren't doing the work for you.

I'm not complaining.. just shocked that no one has even tried.

also.. and i quote...

http://gbatemp.net/threads/noob-paradise-ask-away.131884/page-572#post-4677978
Has anyone actually tried hacking the wii mini?
Should I rip apart mine and try dump the nand?
Was asking...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not complaining.. just shocked that no one has even tried.
... why? The Mini is a cut-back model that can't do most of the fun things an original Wii can do, and it's much, much rarer to boot (only been out for a short amount of time versus years, only in certain areas, low sales, etc.).

Why would hackers want to use it, and what would they use it for that an original Wii wouldn't be better (more inputs, easier to manage data with the SD) for?

DevilKIN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
... why? The Mini is a cut-back model that can't do most of the fun things an original Wii can do, and it's much, much rarer to boot (only been out for a short amount of time versus years, only in certain areas, low sales, etc.).

Why would hackers want to use it, and what would they use it for that an original Wii wouldn't be better (more inputs, easier to manage data with the SD) for?

Because regardless of the device's lacking functionality it can still function.
Same way the psp 2000 had no IR port, same way the psp street has no wifi.. yet it has hacked firmware.
I think that people are deliberately trying to stop people from even trying.

The lack of wifi does not stop you from enjoying non online activities.
Being able to hack the wii mini would certainly make it worth it's price tag.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Because regardless of the device's lacking functionality it can still function.
Avoiding the question. :P Yes it "functions", and so does a vibrator. Gotta' be more specific!

Same way the psp 2000 had no IR port
Only some homebrew used the IR port, and none of it related to actually playing games on the device, which was what most people did with it. It was never officially used, and even when it was used for homebrew it was as a TV/device remote replacement, which didn't gain much traction outside of "this is neat".

same way the psp street has no wifi.. yet it has hacked firmware.
The stuff for the street is literally the same stuff for the other models. Nobody ever made a version for the street since one wasn't needed. The existing hacks worked on the street because it had the same input methods used for the hack. Not so with the Mini.

I think that people are deliberately trying to stop people from even trying.
Haha, you think that because you still assume that there's more than two or three people that care about the mini. :P

The lack of wifi does not stop you from enjoying non online activities.
I'm not asking about the end-user, I'm asking about the hacker. Why should they care?

You're trying to convince people to hack the Mini, right?

GIVE SOME REASONS!

DevilKIN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GIVE SOME REASONS!

Regardless of it's features and bad reviews the device is still being sold in many countries.

Wii Mini buyers would also like the blessing of being able to run brew and backups, who knows perhaps even GC games could function on this device.
It's also a bit unfair that mini users are left fobbed off while normal wii users enjoy these blessings.

All and all there is only one reason.. same reasons the wii was originally hacked.
1. it might be possible to have brew for me and for you.

Ask yourself this question... why was the original wii hacked? what was that reason?

"Because i choose to -NEO"
If anything.. this would help sales of the device a little bit, other than that I cannot say.
It's all I have to give.

Sorry if I seemed aggressive.
I'm actually a very kind person.

FriskyDingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Regardless of it's features and bad reviews the device is still being sold in many countries.

Wii Mini buyers would also like the blessing of being able to run brew and backups, who knows perhaps even GC games could function on this device.
It's also a bit unfair that mini users are left fobbed off while normal wii users enjoy these blessings.

All and all there is only one reason.. same reasons the wii was originally hacked.
1. it might be possible to have brew for me and for you.

Ask yourself this question... why was the original wii hacked? what was that reason?

"Because i choose to -NEO"
If anything.. this would help sales of the device a little bit, other than that I cannot say.
It's all I have to give.

Sorry if I seemed aggressive.
I'm actually a very kind person.

Maybe you could dump the nand, inject the proper IOS's and homebrew channel and reflash.How to do this? fuck if i know.

Risen87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so I'm new to the whole wii softmodding scene, and have made some progress but have hit a roadblock. I can't get wiiflow or neogamma to play wii or gamecube games. Here is what I'm working with:

Wii firmware v4.3
Homebrew channel with bootmii and a backup of my wii.
iOS 236
cIOS on base 56/57 and slot 249/250
dIOS mIOS 2.6
Wadmanager 1.7
Wiiflow 4.1
Neogamma R9 Beta 56

I tried formatting my external hard drive to WBFS and loading a game onto it with WBFS manager (as an iso) and I got wiiflow to recognize my copy of xenoblade and even give me a preview, but upon booting it reset my console. I then tried formatting my drive to FAT32 and dropping the game into the WBFS folder as a WBFS, but then wiiflow wouldn't even recognize my drive. As for gamecube games, I tried running them from a thumb drive after transferring with DMToolbox and I couldn't get neogamma or wiiflow to find or install a game. I'm wondering if part of this is directory name related, I've seen that you're supposed to have folders designated for your wii/gamecube games. So here are my questions:

1. What do I need to do to get these games running?
2. How should I format my hard drive to run ALL of my games (gc, wii, snes, n64, nes)? And how do I do it? Do I need seperate partitions?
3. If my drive is formatted in WBFS how do I manage it? Wii backup manager only lets me drop to the top directory. Do I need specifically named folders to play games?

Carbo22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. Basically I have wiiflow, configurable USB launcher, and USB launcher GX and I do not know how to load iso files onto any of them. i have a flash drive but I am using a mac and havent been able to reformat the flash drive to wbfs. i have spent a good amount of time searching for the answer coming up blank. Help would be greatly appreciated.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have a flash drive but I am using a mac and havent been able to reformat the flash drive to wbfs. i have spent a good amount of time searching for the answer coming up blank.
Then don't, using FAT32 instead of WBFS is recommended anyway.
Use Wiimm's tools or one of its frontends for management either way.

Carbo22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then don't, using FAT32 instead of WBFS is recommended anyway.
Use Wiimm's tools or one of its frontends for management either way.
the fat32 wasnt working either but i used witgui and it worked really easily. Thank you for the help though! I did have a question about wii flow though, is it possible to permanently download a game to the channel and it will pop up without the wbfs file in the flash drive?

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried searching, but was unable to find the correct combination of words.

So here we go...

Can I enable the 16:9 aspect ratio tweak for GameCube games played from a disc?

Mios Dios loading is a bit slow for my Wind Waker needs. ;-P

Thank you.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I tried searching, but was unable to find the correct combination of words.

So here we go...

Can I enable the 16:9 aspect ratio tweak for GameCube games played from a disc?

Mios Dios loading is a bit slow for my Wind Waker needs. ;-P

Thank you.
Short answer: no
but
if you have the retail disk, you can use devolution to play it from USB/SD
It loads faster and still has the 16:9 patch.

Reactions: Ewpb

Guest0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Need help playing HOTD Overkill PAL on my NTSC Wii, and HDTV with AV cable (red white yellow).

I can play Dead Space Extraction PAL on Neogamma but when I try the same thing for HOTD Overkill plus using Gecko from an SD card with force NTSC, I got a green screen instead. There's also no signal detected when I use either NTSC 480p/i (can't remember which) on Neogamma.

Thanks for your help!

camikaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help playing HOTD Overkill PAL on my NTSC Wii, and HDTV with AV cable (red white yellow).

I can play Dead Space Extraction PAL on Neogamma but when I try the same thing for HOTD Overkill plus using Gecko from an SD card with force NTSC, I got a green screen instead. There's also no signal detected when I use either NTSC 480p/i (can't remember which) on Neogamma.

Thanks for your help!

Enable auto patching / video patching. It worked for me.

AndQuocDrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys i need help installing d2x v10. So I've already modded my wii and can play games on it and stuff but certain games only let one wii remote connect at a time for some reason. I read around and saw maybe installing v10 would help. So I put the d2x installer in my apps folder and put the beta52 and beta53 folders into the installer folder. When i run the installer on my wii it only gives me the options to install with v4, v5, or v6. Can someone help? Sorry, new at this and dont know how to explain it better

Edit: Nevermind i just forgot to put in the cIOSmap. I still have the problem where my wii remotes disconnect after starting a game though. For example when i try to start wario smooth moves, only one wii remote can connect at a time. The others just blink and dont connect. In kirby epic yarn only two wii remotes can connect. In some games all my remotes can connect. Help please i wanna play smooth moves with my friends :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Similar to FOX Kids. I remember when Sonic X aired.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Couch casting for horror