Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

bill17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, in your case, with ModMii, just tell it that you have never modded your Wii (pretend it's virgin) and follow the instructions that way. It will overwrite your broken softmod with a new, working one.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this too (even reinstalled Homebrew) with the same results. I assume the nand backup it had me do was too late, since I had already modded the wii. I also tried PimpMyWii in desperation, but although it ran through and said everything was good, it too fails on every game. I don't get it. When using UsbLoader GX and running Mario Kart, I get a 001 error, and on other games, I've seen a 002 error. When using UsbLoader CFG, i just get a black screen.

bill17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this too (even reinstalled Homebrew) with the same results. I assume the nand backup it had me do was too late, since I had already modded the wii. I also tried PimpMyWii in desperation, but although it ran through and said everything was good, it too fails on every game. I don't get it. When using UsbLoader GX and running Mario Kart, I get a 001 error, and on other games, I've seen a 002 error. When using UsbLoader CFG, i just get a black screen.

Okay.. I'm reading that I may need to run WiiScrubber on my games now? Does this sound right?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
nope, those days of tempering with the isos has long gone.
are you running backup discs or from usb HDD?
Post a syscheck of your wii and we will see if you setup is right. You can find the syscheck app with modmii.

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all. Its been ages since I've been on here but I want to grab my old Wii from my parents house tonight and take her home and get her up to speed. It hasn't been online since probably september of 2010.

A little background:

Its one of the release era Wii's, not sure what drive type, but it has a wiikey 1 installed. I'm not sure what firmware, and I haven't a clue what version of the Wii system software is on there.

My question is simple; what precautions should I take getting this guy back up to speed. Should I be careful about updating anything? Is there some software I should look into?

Basically, I want to get it back into place as a Netflix client and playing some homebrew/emus on my big screen. Thoughts, opinions, handy links I should read to refresh myself on what I've missed?

Really appreciate any counsel, thanks.

FriskyDingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I cant get Mymenuify or Wii-Themer to work, mmy gives a black screen and wt freezes on the disclaimer :( Here is the status of my IOSs incase thats the problem.

IOS 3 v65280 Original stub
IOS 4 v65280 Original stub
IOS 9 v1034 Original
IOS 10 v768 Original stub
IOS 11 v256 Original stub
IOS 12 v526 Original
IOS 13 v1032 Original
IOS 14 v1032 Original
IOS 15 v1032 Original
IOS 16 v512 Original stub
IOS 17 v1032 Original
IOS 20 v256 Original stub
IOS 21 v1039 Original
IOS 22 v1294 Original
IOS 28 v1807 Original
IOS 30 v2816 Original stub
IOS 31 v3608 Original
IOS 33 v3608 Original
IOS 34 v3608 Original
IOS 35 v3608 Original
IOS 36 v3608 Modified Trucha Downgrade ES_Identify Nand access
IOS 37 v5663 Original
IOS 38 v4124 Original
IOS 40 v3072 Original stub
IOS 41 v3607 Original
IOS 43 v3607 Original
IOS 45 v3607 Original
IOS 46 v3607 Original
IOS 48 v4124 Original
IOS 50 v5120 (source rev 4889) Modified
IOS 51 v4864 Original stub
IOS 52 v5888 Original stub
IOS 53 v5663 Original
IOS 55 v5663 Original
IOS 56 v5662 Original
IOS 57 v5919 Original
IOS 58 v6176 Original
IOS 60 v6400 (source rev 6174) Modified
IOS 61 v5662 Original
IOS 62 v6430 Original
IOS 70 v6912 (source rev 6687) Modified
IOS 80 v6944 Modified Trucha
IOS 202 (source 60) (Hermes 60 v5 5.1)v65535 Modified Trucha ES_Identify Nand access
IOS 222 (source 38) (Hermes 38 v5 5.1)v65535 Modified Trucha ES_Identify Nand access
IOS 223 (source 37) (Hermes 37 v5 5.1)v65535 Modified Trucha ES_Identify Nand access
IOS 224 (source 57) (Hermes 57 v5 5.1)v65535 Modified Trucha ES_Identify Nand access
IOS 249 (source 56) (d2x 56 v10 beta52)v21010 Modified Trucha Downgrade ES_Identify Nand access
IOS 250 (source 57) (d2x 57 v10 beta52)v65535 Modified Trucha Downgrade ES_Identify
IOS 254 v65281 Modified stub
BC v6 Original
MIOS v10 Original

wingzrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my wii around a year ago and at that time there was no option to play gamecube games through USB Loader GX. After I updated USB loader GX, it gives me the option to rip gamecube games to my SD card & play them, but when I try to launch a game my wii resets.

What do I need to do to play gamecube backups through usbloader gx, and is there a way to run them off my WBFS USB hard drive?

Will check this message for replies regularly. Looking forward to a response.

FriskyDingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hacked my wii around a year ago and at that time there was no option to play gamecube games through USB Loader GX. After I updated USB loader GX, it gives me the option to rip gamecube games to my SD card & play them, but when I try to launch a game my wii resets.

What do I need to do to play gamecube backups through usbloader gx, and is there a way to run them off my WBFS USB hard drive?

Will check this message for replies regularly. Looking forward to a response.

You need dios mios and MIOS installed, also id format the hdd as fat32.Formatting the hdd as WBFS is no longer needed.

wingzrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, tried installing "DIOSMIOSLite_2.2.wad" and not all retail discs no longer boot. I press start on the wii menu and games just hang on a black screen...

FriskyDingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need the second file on that page and then you need to get MIOS which is separate.Google PimpMyWii download version 3.01 and select "perform the test and fix problems" it will check and install any missing IOS including MIOS.

wingzrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok

Using pimpmywii Gamecube discs now play, but a curios thing happened. My wii asks me if I want to play in progressive scan mode even though I'm using component cables on a CRT. No big deal so I just say no.

The main error I'm getting here on USBLOADER GX is a DIOS Mios screen saying

"incorrect config version. Please update your loader."

Where do I go from here?

FriskyDingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok

Using pimpmywii Gamecube discs now play, but a curios thing happened. My wii asks me if I want to play in progressive scan mode even though I'm using component cables on a CRT. No big deal so I just say no.

The main error I'm getting here on USBLOADER GX is a DIOS Mios screen saying

"incorrect config version. Please update your loader."

Where do I go from here?

Get the latest version of usb loader

wingzrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replaced Boot.dol in usbloader gx folder with the newest usbloader GX. Credits verify it is v.3.0 IOS249 (Rev 21010), same error as before....

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
3.0 and 3.0c are old.
Don't launch the loader from the installed channel on system menu, launch from homebrew channel.
update your loader (current latest beta revision is r1215)

update your DIOS MIOS (Lite) to latest version too : 2.10
2.2 is too old.

wingzrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.0 and 3.0c are old.
Don't launch the loader from the installed channel on system menu, launch from homebrew channel.
update your loader (current latest beta revision is r1215)

update your DIOS MIOS (Lite) to latest version too : 2.10
2.2 is too old.

Ok, Now on 2.10 of dios mios lite, and on the newest usbloadeerGX you mentioned, everything checks out but I still have some other small issues.

1: still asking if I want to go to progressive scan even though I'm using component cables on a tube tv (I use a sony professional video monitor through BNC to component cables)

2: animal crossing hanged at the "NINTENDO" logo for around 10 seconds which makes me think this loader loads slow through the SD slot

3: I have a USB WBFS drive where I keep all my wii games. Would it be possible to load gamecube through usb on it, and if not, what steps should I take to make my entire usb hard drive wii/gamecube iso compatible? Can you install gamecube isos directly to a usb hard drive?

wingzrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 - Move your games off the USB HDD, and format it as FAT32 (a single partition, etc.). Then use WiiBackupManager to transfer your Wii games to it, and DMToolbox (included with DIOS MIOS) to move your GC games to it.

Is there no way to rip gamecube games straight to a fat32 usb hard drive?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can convert your WBFS partition format to FAT32 without loosing games. (no need to backup/restore all files on another HDD).
use wbfs2fat (in my signature).

USBLoaderGX can dump GameCube Games directly to FAT32 partition in the correct format/path/filename.
I guess other loaders can do the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm