Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Dartinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you, folks! Just installed Priiloader and the update blocks, now I'm able to play Skyward Sword through disc channel. :) I don't even had to install all that IOS, just IOS236.

Is there any advantage in installing all that updated IOS stuff? After all, I'm already able to play my Wii and GC backup games...

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, folks! Just installed Priiloader and the update blocks, now I'm able to play Skyward Sword through disc channel. :) I don't even had to install all that IOS, just IOS236.

Is there any advantage in installing all that updated IOS stuff? After all, I'm already able to play my Wii and GC backup games...

if every game works fine, there is no need. Only needed if some games aren't playable. Chances are you are already fully updated

Dartinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

if every game works fine, there is no need. Only needed if some games aren't playable. Chances are you are already fully updated

Oh, I see. Well, it's already been some time that I softmodded and installed all the IOS (around one year or more) and even so I can still play games that have been relasead nowadays like The Last Story.

But anyway, good to know that everything is up to date. :P Thanks again for all the help.

noelmejia19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE HELP!!
ok so i recently softmodded my wii but im having a problem with neogamma. i have everything installed right i believe and im trying to launch the game super mario galaxy 2. i launch
c204.gif
neogamma from the homebrew channel. ok so the problem is that when i launch the game it does the whole app loading thing then it says starting game a green screen flashes then my wii goes back to the homebrew channel. there are other times when it says dvd-r + no cIOS. assitance is appreciated. please help im very frustrated. sorry for the grammer and such but an answer would really help.

CookiesMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Getting a new black Wii. I wanted to softmod it and load backups through HDD since it's the only choice, I'm willing to go through instructions and learn everything I'm supposed to about it! There's guide everywhere but I can't get myself to choose one to start with, completely new to this scene, hope to get the best configurations for it!(More work doesn't matter)

I totally know nothing about these. partitions, loaders thingy, ISO scrubbin??? and others
So I really want pointers to get into this scene even though it's very late to for now
Thanks!

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, since your vague on exactly what you did, just re-hack it as a virgin wii using ModMii. The link for it is in my sig at the bottom.
It runs from your PC. It downloads all necessary files onto your PC, all you need to do is take those DL'ed files and copy them to a 2GB sd card that you pop in your Wii, and then print out the guide ModMii generates for you.
Now you are done with correctly hacking your wii.
If your Wii is new, Neogamma cant be used to play burns, only USB loading is your route, you have a drive that will not play burns of any sort.
The reason I told you to rehack with ModMii is even though you have the HBC, and apps, you still need your IOS'es and cIOS's up to date to play anything.
with modmii, skip the HBC installation since you already have it

Roach2012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a curios question, has anyone been able to mod the home button menu yet? I tried to read over everything I didnt see anything with it so I seen I could ask here lol.

Roach2012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I didnt know I just got a wii few months ago and I like using my systems for more then what the companys intended to let you so I thought id ask.

Still Learning everything about the wii..

I learned everything about the PSP, and basically you can change everything on it lol, was seeing if the Wii would be the same but I been seeing the console itself has alot of limitations..

thanx for answering!

in Recent readings I been reading your not able to change the menus yet I bet theres a way but for somewhat of a answer I was looking for is you can change Themes to make your Wii Channels look different as in ( flow, ps style, ect..) i think ill read more into this. thought id share along if anyone else was wondering.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My wii is quite messed up. Doesnt install wad and I have no idea what the heck I have got installed on it in the first place.
Is there any way I can clear up and "unmod", before I mod it again?

Cheers

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My wii is quite messed up. Doesnt install wad and I have no idea what the heck I have got installed on it in the first place.
Yes there is, but simply remoding with modmii instead is simpler and a lot saver too.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes there is, but simply remoding with modmii instead is simpler and a lot saver too.
i may have bootmii, priiloader or whatever the heck installed -.-
with all the shit out there, I cant even remember what things I installed.
is it still going to mod fine using modmii even if i have those things installed?

rudy.pig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, i'm a noob and i am thinking about using bannerbomb to mod my blue wii 4.3u. Is this the best way or should i use something else? Or does anyone have any tips? Thanks for your help in advance. :ninja:

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is this the best way or should i use something else? Or does anyone have any tips?
use modmii
is it still going to mod fine using modmii even if i have those things installed?
yes
Ok, installed everything through modmii. Now Wii Backups dont run anymore.. whenever I load a wii backup, it gets back to Bootmii.
Wii Backup Discs are recognized as discs by disc channel, however gets back to Bootmii aswell. what the hell is going on :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la