Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the best way or should i use something else? Or does anyone have any tips?
use modmii
is it still going to mod fine using modmii even if i have those things installed?
yes
Ok, installed everything through modmii. Now Wii Backups dont run anymore.. whenever I load a wii backup, it gets back to Bootmii.
Wii Backup Discs are recognized as discs by disc channel, however gets back to Bootmii aswell. what the hell is going on :/

why not usb Ha Ha

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You aparantly had darkcrap or something similiar installed that patches every ios on the wii.
Modmii must have installed at least some clean IOS on your wii.
The recomended way is to use a backup launcher instead (it does not require messing with nornal IOS).
Of course you could reinstall it if you have to.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You aparantly had darkcrap or something similiar installed that patches every ios on the wii.
Modmii must have installed at least some clean IOS on your wii.
The recomended way is to use a backup launcher instead (it does not require messing with nornal IOS).
Of course you could reinstall it if you have to.
even with neogamma backups/originals of gamecube gets back to bootmii menu.
and no i didnt have darkscop installed. always used Backup launchers

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
unless u disable the update active IOSs option after using modmii to update your Wii it will overwrite\uninstall cioscorp\darkcorp, and to play backup discs u need to use neogamma or some other loader and can no longer use the disc channel to play backup discs (btw, newer wiis can't play backup discs period).

To play backup discs via the disc channel on your Wii, u can install neocorp (less invasive than darkcorp) or reinstall darkcorp

btw, usb-loading is far superior to disc loading. And u can even rip your backup discs to a usb HDD using either your wii (since your wii is old enough to load backups) or your PC

edit:
re. gamecube games, ModMii would've installed an original MIOS (not cMIOS) unless you enabled the install cMIOS option. This means that you currently can only load original GC games from the disc channel. To play backup games, u need to install a cMIOS (so either enable the option and repeat the wizard, or just download\install the recommended cMIOS from download page 4). Or you can install the cMIOS for dios mios lite and load your GC backups from an SD card, u can use neocorp for this too.

edit2: btw, the reason why ModMii's default options are to update active IOSs and not to install a cMIOS is because nowadays most Wii's can't even read backup discs, and even people with wii's that can load backups generally prefer usb-loading anyways.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
unless u disable the update active IOSs option after using modmii to update your Wii it will overwrite\uninstall cioscorp\darkcorp, and to play backup discs u need to use neogamma or some other loader and can no longer use the disc channel to play backup discs (btw, newer wiis can't play backup discs period).

To play backup discs via the disc channel on your Wii, u can install neocorp (less invasive than darkcorp) or reinstall darkcorp

btw, usb-loading is far superior to disc loading. And u can even rip your backup discs to a usb HDD using either your wii (since your wii is old enough to load backups) or your PC

edit:
re. gamecube games, ModMii would've installed an original MIOS (not cMIOS) unless you enabled the install cMIOS option. This means that you currently can only load original GC games from the disc channel. To play backup games, u need to install a cMIOS (so either enable the option and repeat the wizard, or just download\install the recommended cMIOS from download page 4). Or you can install the cMIOS for dios mios lite and load your GC backups from an SD card, u can use neocorp for this too.
I installed cMIOS. Like I said, the games arent running through Backuplaunchers either. GC games specifically. I do use USB aswell, even that isnt running.. going back to Bootmii menu

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
please explain your issue more fully

for example, u start the wii, load the HBC, load an app and it returns to the HBC or bootmii? Or does it return to the HBC\bootmii only after trying to load a game from a loader? And you say "bootmii" but I find that hard to believe bootmii is loading after something else fails to load, u sure u don't mean the HBC?

edit: also u say gamecube games specifically don't load, does that mean wii games are loading okay? These are just a few unanswered questions, but the point is your description of your problem is lacking which makes it difficult for people like me to help u, which also discourages us from even bothering to try and help cuz it's a pain in the ass to have to play 20 questions just to get to the bottom of an issue like this.

rudy.pig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

mytitaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seemed like a good place to practice a spoiler. I'm using modmii for the first time. If asked for a syscheck, I would like to display it in a spoiler to save space.

will do later...tv is being used

will do later...tv is being used

Should all noob questions go here, or should some be placed in the topics pertaining to them? Questions regarding sneek and usb loaders for example.

joeymorash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have tons of Wiiware and VC wads I would like to play on my Wii. I have done tons of research that has led to headache after headache. Is there a way to play those without making a nand emu? If not I have followed the guide on here (http://gbatemp.net/topic/218725-sneekdi-quick-guide/) and still have a few questions.

my neek2o doesnt seem to load, with my HDD plugged in it gives me a error exception dsi, without it plugged in the screen just stays black..what am i missing here?

once i completed the tutorial my file structure is not looking like this Filestructure for UNEEK+DI:
sd:\bootmii\armboot.bin
sd:\sneek\kernel.bin (renamed boot2_usb.bin)

usb:\sneek\di.bin
usb:\sneek\kernel.bin (renamed boot2_usb.bin)
usb:\sneek\font.bin
NAND
usb:\import
usb:\meta
usb:\shared1
usb:\shared2
usb:\temp
usb:\title
usb:\ticket
usb:\sys

usb:\games\a_game example: usb:\games\RMGE01

all the files are there for sd/usb sneek but only about half are there for NAND. I have did the tutorial a couple times and end up with the same files (there is no shared2, meta, import)
Also when I was setting up the NAND with Modmii i wasnt sure where i was suppose to incorporate my wad games during that process. the step where your suppose to type in 45e when showmywads appeared i had no idea where to type that in, after it loaded it dissapeared.

Please anyhelp would be greatful as its been a while since i messed with my wii.

system is 4.2u if that helps.

thanks in advance.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
please explain your issue more fully

for example, u start the wii, load the HBC, load an app and it returns to the HBC or bootmii? Or does it return to the HBC\bootmii only after trying to load a game from a loader? And you say "bootmii" but I find that hard to believe bootmii is loading after something else fails to load, u sure u don't mean the HBC?

edit: also u say gamecube games specifically don't load, does that mean wii games are loading okay? These are just a few unanswered questions, but the point is your description of your problem is lacking which makes it difficult for people like me to help u, which also discourages us from even bothering to try and help cuz it's a pain in the ass to have to play 20 questions just to get to the bottom of an issue like this.
Wii games load fine.
Apps load fine.

GC Originals and backups dont load. When I try to load GC backups, the screen turns green and goes to bootmii. And yes I mean bootmii, not HBC or anything else.
I have gone through modmii installation process yet again, replacing ALL IOS, system menu, channels etc... and still GC backups are being recognized by disc channel, but they dont boot up like I said.

SamuelMustonen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hi, I have a quick question regarding the configurable USB loader that Google was unable to answer.

I bought this fishing game for my dad, but my Wii won't read legitimate discs anymore after modding - is this normal? It keeps saying the console needs to be updated before it can play the discs, but I don't want to brick the thing so I don't want to go online. I'm already running 4.3E, so there is no way it needs an update.

So, since backing up the disc takes a longer time than downloading an ISO, I did that. I was only able to find an NTSC copy though, so now for my question: Does enabling the "country fix" option in Configurable Usb Loader make my PAL Wii read NTSC isos? Am I good to go?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, you can read normal discs still, just get priiloader and enable the update skip ;) Also this country fix is more for japanese games, NTSC on PAL and vice versa works without any problems, no patches needed there.

Reactions: 1 person

rudy.pig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have got my wii softmodded to 4.1u and for some reason all the games i put on my external hard drive(my passport 250GB) are in black and white and kind of fuzzy...i don't know if i have done something wrong or what...i used WiiBackUpManager to put them on there...PLEASE HELP!!!

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have got my wii softmodded to 4.1u and for some reason all the games i put on my external hard drive(my passport 250GB) are in black and white and kind of fuzzy...i don't know if i have done something wrong or what...i used WiiBackUpManager to put them on there...PLEASE HELP!!!
Which usb loader do you use?

rudy.pig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's CfgLoaderConfigurator...from Modmii

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's CfgLoaderConfigurator...from Modmii
OK, try using WiiFlow or USB Loader GX with the same games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: He was an android boy