Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

DDRPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Try using multi-mod manager and dont change the ios (you will also need the latest version of the homebrew channel, 1.0.8). If that still doest work, try using a cios like 236, 249/250, or 222/223/224

The install works with that manager you provided, but whenever I load the game, I get a black screen. I dont know what to do about that.

Thank you for your help, BTW, I am getting far with this.

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I just bought an Wii. It came softmodded and with the latest firmware release (4.3U). It came with an external optical disc driver and I'm loading all backed up games just fine with uLoader.

But I have a question: when I put the original Wii Sports Resorts game to play, it says that must update Wii System. I'm afraid to proceed it and see my Wii “fixed” (if you know what I mean)...

What I don't understand is that I'm already using the latest firmware (I was a little bit surprised when saw 4.3 on Config Screen) and Wii Resorts is trying to update it anyway. Why is it happening?

edit: I guess the 4.3U fimware installed blocked Homebrew Channel. It doesn't load any content form SD card. Oh, well... I'll buy/borrow/rent one of the required games to “update” Homebrew Channel (mine is 1.0.7) and install some other content on my Wii.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Akotan said:
I just bought an Wii. It came softmodded and with the latest firmware release (4.3U). It came with an external optical disc driver and I'm loading all backed up games just fine with uLoader.

But I have a question: when I put the original Wii Sports Resorts game to play, it says that must update Wii System. I'm afraid to proceed it and see my Wii “fixed” (if you know what I mean)...

What I don't understand is that I'm already using the latest firmware (I was a little bit surprised when saw 4.3 on Config Screen) and Wii Resorts is trying to update it anyway. Why is it happening?

edit: I guess the 4.3U fimware installed blocked Homebrew Channel. It doesn't load any content form SD card. Oh, well... I'll buy/borrow/rent one of the required games to “update” Homebrew Channel (mine is 1.0.7) and install some other content on my Wii.
You should still be able to start the homebrew channel, correct? You wont need any of those games if you have any way of starting homebrew. You can use a forwarder channel to start the hackmii installer, or if you have internet set up, just use the homebrew channels built in updater.

As for the update. It is because you have modified IOSs, making the wii think that some of the IOSs are out of date, hence, the update.

to avoid this, install priiloader (it may already be installed, turn on the wii while holding reset and see if priiloader comes up) and enable the block disk updates hack, then you can play games like normal.
NOTE: if you have priiloader you can also use it to update the homebrew channel.

you may also want to check if you have bootmii as boot2, to do this, turn on your wii without an sd card and see if the drive light flashes on and off really fast 2 times. If you have bootmii, then you definitely dont need to borrow any games or anything, as you can run the hackmii installer right from bootmii.

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
person66 said:
Akotan said:

You should still be able to start the homebrew channel, correct? You wont need any of those games if you have any way of starting homebrew. You can use a forwarder channel to start the hackmii installer, or if you have internet set up, just use the homebrew channels built in updater.

As for the update. It is because you have modified IOSs, making the wii think that some of the IOSs are out of date, hence, the update.

to avoid this, install priiloader (it may already be installed, turn on the wii while holding reset and see if priiloader comes up) and enable the block disk updates hack, then you can play games like normal.
NOTE: if you have priiloader you can also use it to update the homebrew channel.

you may also want to check if you have bootmii as boot2, to do this, turn on your wii without an sd card and see if the drive light flashes on and off really fast 2 times. If you have bootmii, then you definitely dont need to borrow any games or anything, as you can run the hackmii installer right from bootmii.

Homebrew Channel launches normally and tries to connect network (my Wii is an island right now - no internet connection). If priiloader isn't installed, I can't install without HBC working properly, right? But I'll try to load Bootmii as boot2 from HBC and see what happens.

I'll post what happened as soon as possible.
biggrin.gif

edit: as I thought, no priiloader installed. But Boomii is and shows a black screen (no menu shows but light drive blinks fast before just blinking). If I setup the SD card with hackmii, can I fix HBC?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Akotan said:
Homebrew Channel launches normally and tries to connect network (my Wii is an island right now - no internet connection). If priiloader isn't installed, I can't install without HBC working properly, right?
Only true if you try to install priiloader 0.5 or 0.6....the HBC bug does not affect priiloader v0.4 (which is why it's the version of choice to this day for 'Modmii' and the 'Modify any Wii' guides)

QUOTE(Akotan @ Mar 5 2011, 06:08 PM) I guess the 4.3U fimware installed blocked Homebrew Channel. It doesn't load any content form SD card. Oh, well... I'll buy/borrow/rent one of the required games to “update” Homebrew Channel (mine is 1.0.7) and install some other content on my Wii.
This is incorrect...4.3U will remove HBC 1.0.6 or lower...it cannot "block" HBC 1.0.7....if you are having issues with SD loading in HBC 1.0.7, make sure you have the file structure correct: SD:/apps/*folder named whatever the app inside is*/boot.dol (there may also be a meta.xml which may be important and an icon.png)...or you should try using a different SD card....

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
@person66 and @brausm08: the HBC loaded SD card contents at last. I don't update nothing and didn't installed anything. I was set upping things wrong on the SD card.

Thank you very much for trying to help me.
smile.gif

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can't find a clear answer on either of these questions. Perhaps I'm blind. Searching pulls up a bunch of unrelated topics. I have a Wii from launch date with 4.3 (USA).

1) Does 4.3 (or a recent menu update before 4.3) disable the Chiip modchip at all?
2) If not, do I need a retail copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl or Lego Indiana Jones or Lego Star Wars to perform the exploit on 4.3, or can I use a burned copy of the game?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't find a clear answer on either of these questions. Perhaps I'm blind. Searching pulls up a bunch of unrelated topics. I have a Wii from launch date with 4.3 (USA).

1) Does 4.3 (or a recent menu update before 4.3) disable the Chiip modchip at all?
2) If not, do I need a retail copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl or Lego Indiana Jones or Lego Star Wars to perform the exploit on 4.3, or can I use a burned copy of the game?

you need the retail. as far as i know it will not disable your chip. but i never update through nintendo. i use modmii to update. an use yawmm to unpack my wads. so don't know if this helps. this is what works for me.
yaywii.gif

AmienZero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
km-download.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
hello everyone.

recently i bought a used Black korean Wii from a friend of mine. the wii is already modded but what i want to know is can i reset everything to factory and still able to re-hack everything on that wii? if so, can anyone tell me how? i don't have the slightest idea what's been modded into that wii. that's why i want to start everything back from scratch.

thanks in advance.

fmoof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded my Wii to 4.1U a couple of months ago, and I did something slightly stupid. I accidentally overwrote the "apps" folder on the root of my SD card, which... hadd all of my applications. Everything else is on there and the Wii is fine, but when I go to my homebrew channel, it shows up blank. None of the apps that were there before are there like (off the top of my head) Trucha Bug Restorer, USB-Loader. Have I done anything totally terrible? Is there a list of apps I should redownload and manually insert onto my SD Card? Or can ModMii fix it for me?

Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate it.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Real quick question, but can I dump my NAND without having to install HBC, by booting the dumper through Smash Stack on my 4.3U unmodded?

Hellsingrunner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there folks,

I recently installed homebrew on my Wii using SSBB thus the Wii at the time was fully updated.
I went to play SSBB today and found that my system wants to update itself. I immediately told it no way bob and just turned the system off. I know I'll want to play SSBB in the near future, but I thought it was a bad idea to update the system after it had HB and other modified IOS.

So what do I need to do to run SSBB (or any newer games for that matter)?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hellsingrunner said:
Hi there folks,

I recently installed homebrew on my Wii using SSBB thus the Wii at the time was fully updated.
I went to play SSBB today and found that my system wants to update itself. I immediately told it no way bob and just turned the system off. I know I'll want to play SSBB in the near future, but I thought it was a bad idea to update the system after it had HB and other modified IOS.

So what do I need to do to run SSBB (or any newer games for that matter)?
Just install Priiloader and enable the block disk updates hack. You might even have priiloader already installed, turn on your wii while holding reset to check.

If you need to install priiloader, you can get it here: http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/downloads/list (get 0.6)
And then you will also need to put this hacks_hash.ini (right-click -> save link as...) in the root of your sd card

whatseria

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
please guys help me
when I try to install Hermes cios222 rev4,
my wiimote stops responding when i press "A"
what should I do?

thanks
----------------------------------
I solved!!!
I was doing it wrong,
thanks anyway
and sorry for flooding

sorewinner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone explain exactly what gets changed by DarkCORP that allows a backup to boot from the disc channel without giving the error.. message? I mean, exactly which IOS? I'd rather not reinstall DarkCORP since I keep my IOS completely current, and the 1.1 installer uses some older versions.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
sorewinner said:
Can someone explain exactly what gets changed by DarkCORP that allows a backup to boot from the disc channel without giving the error.. message? I mean, exactly which IOS? I'd rather not reinstall DarkCORP since I keep my IOS completely current, and the 1.1 installer uses some older versions.
EVERYTHING is changed by Darkcorp.
Every IOS is bugged.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donkey Plonk said:
sorewinner said:
EVERYTHING is changed by Darkcorp.
Every IOS is bugged.
DarkCORP only modifies IOSes as they relate to disc launching....not all IOSes are game launch related, therefore not ALL IOSes are modified....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work