SonicFan49

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donkey Plonk said:
SonicFan49 said:
I can run backup games without a problem w/ Neogamma r8, but original Wii games don't read. Could somebody please help me with this?
Laser. Replace it or clean it.
I've had the same before, originals seem to die before backups

I used the official Wii lens cleaner... and still didn't work. Is my only other option to send it off to Nintendo?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i've decided to move my questions here instead seeing as they are getting quite noobish... here's my question from other thread:

QUOTE said:
right thanks. There's so many! Which one would you recommend? (out of all the backup launchers)
> I don't really care about GC games.
> I would prefer to use either SD or USB (whichever is easier) but do not mind using discs.
> I'm not much of an expert with the Wii and what everything does so i would prefer it to be simple-ish.
> The main use will be to play backups so good compatibility as well.

so basically a bit like the R4 for DS. Does the job and keeps it simple.

BTW how big are wii games in general? I currently only have either a 2GB SD card, 2GB USB stick available or lots of 4.7GB DVDs available.

edit: answered on other thread.

bizaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there

I'm not exactly sure what I should be doing with Bootmii. It has been installed as IOS on 4.3E.

Should I be launching Bootmii manually every time I switch the Wii on?

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
bizaroo said:
Hey there

I'm not exactly sure what I should be doing with Bootmii. It has been installed as IOS on 4.3E.

Bootmii as ios can only be started from HBC. You need Bootmii as Boot2 to be able to run at start up.

bizaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
cobleman said:
bizaroo said:
Hey there

Bootmii as ios can only be started from HBC. You need Bootmii as Boot2 to be able to run at start up.
Hi

I realise that it can be started from HBC, but I want to know if its necessary to do so every time.

Thing is, I've read that bootmii is bricking prevention, so I'm a bit confused as to what I should do now that I've installed it.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
SonicFan49 said:
Donkey Plonk said:
SonicFan49 said:
I can run backup games without a problem w/ Neogamma r8, but original Wii games don't read. Could somebody please help me with this?
Laser. Replace it or clean it.
I've had the same before, originals seem to die before backups

I used the official Wii lens cleaner... and still didn't work. Is my only other option to send it off to Nintendo?
Lens cleaner isn't changing the laser.
My answer stands, clean it didn't work, so replace it now comes in to play. They can burn out over time and become weak, no amount of cleaning will rectify this

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bizaroo said:
Hey there

No, you don't need to run BootMii manually every time your turn on your Wii.

Was the option to install BootMii/Boot2 available? I am assuming that it was not. If it was, and BootMii is booting up every time that you start your Wii, you can download and use the BootMii Configuration Editor to set BootMii to autoboot into the Wii's System Menu.

Understand that BootMii only provides the best brick protection if installed as Boot2. This is because if installed as Boot2 it is loaded before any potentially corrupted IOS or system files are loaded (Boot1/2 excluded
wink.gif
) allowing you to restore from a bricked condition. You can regain some level of brick protection by installing Priiloader with BootMii/IOS. Priiloader wedges itself in the launch process of the System Menu. So with Priiloader you can at least recover from soft-bricks like banner-bricks.

So, in the end, if you can install BootMii as Boot2, do it. Make a NAND backup using BootMii asap if you haven't done so regardless of Boot2/IOS installation of BootMii. Install Priiloader also regardless of Boot2/IOS installation of BootMii.

-[]D

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSainity said:
bizaroo said:
Hey there

No, you don't need to run BootMii manually every time your turn on your Wii.

Was the option to install BootMii/Boot2 available? I am assuming that it was not. If it was, and BootMii is booting up every time that you start your Wii, you can download and use the BootMii Configuration Editor to set BootMii to autoboot into the Wii's System Menu.

Understand that BootMii only provides the best brick protection if installed as Boot2. This is because if installed as Boot2 it is loaded before any potentially corrupted IOS or system files are loaded (Boot1/2 excluded
wink.gif
) allowing you to restore from a bricked condition. You can regain some level of brick protection by installing Priiloader with BootMii/IOS. Priiloader wedges itself in the launch process of the System Menu. So with Priiloader you can at least recover from soft-bricks like banner-bricks.

So, in the end, if you can install BootMii as Boot2, do it. Make a NAND backup using BootMii asap if you haven't done so regardless of Boot2/IOS installation of BootMii. Install Priiloader also regardless of Boot2/IOS installation of BootMii.

-[]D

Pretty much this guy covers it all.

It's basically brick protection. Get a NAND backup, and save it incase you brick your wii. That's basically all you need from bootmii.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not really a noob question, but I didn't want to make a whole new thread for this

I cant for the life of me figure out how to download the benzin source
Well, now that the link is broken, is there even anywhere I can find the benzin source?

smccloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I just modded my Wii last night and I'm trying to use Wii DVD Dumper to make a backup of one of my games (just in case I manage to step on it & to make sure I did stuff right). Is there anyway to tell it to use my wired connection instead of WiFi?

smccloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
do u have an external hard drive? just back it up directly using cfg usb loader or cleanrip, it will take a fraction of the time it will take your network to back it up

Unfortunately no, I do not. Largest USB device I have right now is an 8GB Sandisk Cruzer Micro (unless you can rip to a SD Card in which case I have some 16GB ones I could use for now). I do want to get an external HD in the near future. I've read that you don't want a bus powered one, is this correct? Also, what USB hubs will work w/ the Wii or does that not matter?

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can use an sd card with cfg. I can't remember the exact steps, but I know that if you don't have a hard drive plugged in when you start it up it will ask what device to use.
And 8gb is enough to hold any wii game except for the few dual-layer ones (SSBB, Metroid prime trilogy, and Metroid other m)

smccloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
You can use an sd card with cfg. I can't remember the exact steps, but I know that if you don't have a hard drive plugged in when you start it up it will ask what device to use.
And 8gb is enough to hold any wii game except for the few dual-layer ones (SSBB, Metroid prime trilogy, and Metroid other m)

BestBuy currently has WD 500GB Passports listed for $50 so after I clear it w/ the wife I'm gonna get one of those.

psychocandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Help. Used boomii to run the star wars exploit. all looked good, save game found, seemed to to start hackmii installer.

Trouble is now I've got a blank screen with blue flashing cd tray light. Been like that for 30 mins now....

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
You're contradicting yourself and confusing things which won't help people to sort your wii.

Firstly, you did not use bootmii to run the star wars exploit. You can run the star wars exploit as it is, you do not require bootmii in any way for this. The whole point of the exploits is firstly to install bootmii and the homebrew channel.

Hackmii installer starting is good, but what happened then? Nothing on screen at all, so it said hackmii installer then just went blank?

Haven't heard of that happening before. Explain a bit more detailed exactly what happened and now what state your wii is in.

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I plan to use my external hard drive to load Wii Games. However can I also use it as a normal everyday external hard drive? When I first hacked the Wii like 4 months ago, I hacked it successfully and remember reading that I can only load games that are in the WBFS format. ISO games, whether in iso format or on disc wouldn't work.

Edit: I plan to hack it again using the Modmii. I previously hacked it using the SoftMod Guide and I posted a while back and it was suggested that I hack again using Modmii just to be safe.

DDRPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello, I am trying to install the Japanese Wiiware "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Stormy", and I am using WAD manager 1.7, and whatever IOS I choose, the Wii remote either loses sync or I get the -2011 error.

I used showmewads so I can see the IOS needed, and I selected IOS55 like it said, and I still got -2011 error. I have Firmware 4.3u.
How do I get this to work properly?

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DDRPenguin said:
Hello, I am trying to install the Japanese Wiiware "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Stormy", and I am using WAD manager 1.7, and whatever IOS I choose, the Wii remote either loses sync or I get the -2011 error.

I used showmewads so I can see the IOS needed, and I selected IOS55 like it said, and I still got -2011 error. I have Firmware 4.3u.
How do I get this to work properly?
Try using multi-mod manager and dont change the ios (you will also need the latest version of the homebrew channel, 1.0.8). If that still doest work, try using a cios like 236, 249/250, or 222/223/224

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (and the joke here is that i misheard pride month as bread month)