Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

mitch21236

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black ops isnt running on my wii. I just get a Black screen. Here are my system Specs

sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.2U (v481)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 55050567
Boot2 v4

Found 81 titles.
Found 46 IOS on this console. 4 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 14889): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16687): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 6943): No Patches
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v4

Report generated on 2011/01/23.

Thank you in advance.

halo24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok noob here, hope im posting in the right area
I have sofmod wii 4.3u
sd1gb
bootmii
hbc, wod manager 1.7, wiiflow, wiimc, yet another wod manager
loaded ios53,55,56 wiiware??
said ok
i dont see anything, what next
did i do something wrong
help please
thanks

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mitch21236 said:
FIX94 said:
Hey mitch21236, syscheck is fine. Are you trying to play from sd or usb? Which loader are you using?

Im using A usb And CFG Usb Or Wii flow.
What cIOS are you using? Try re-installing either 249 (here) or 224 (here) and use IOS 57 as a base. Then try loading the game with the cIOS you just installed.

slacker4_1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newb with a couple questions. i have the new red wii that i just softmodded and a seagate goflex 500 hdd formatted to fat32..
1. i can t play dvds on the red wii right??
2. is there any need to downgrade the tutorial i followed wasnt clear on that?
3. how do i set up my emulators i have fce ultra gx 2.0.3 genplus gx 8.26.08 snes fvc and wii64 i loaded them all as wads so now there channels. what do i put on the hdd and where.. i have all the games i want just dont know where to put them..

any help would be appricated

daiuf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What controller would you suggest for Wii homebrew and emulators. I am on a limited budget and want either a classic controller pro or a Gamecube controller which one has the most compatibility?

Do they both work with the N64 emulator?

Also does the N64 emulator work well?

Can you hack the Wii to play DVD's?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
slacker4_1 said:
Newb with a couple questions. i have the new red wii that i just softmodded and a seagate goflex 500 hdd formatted to fat32..
1. i can t play dvds on the red wii right??
Correct, you can not play dvd's. Although if you really want this function you can swap your drive for one that can read dvd's (on older one off ebay)
QUOTE said:
2. is there any need to downgrade the tutorial i followed wasnt clear on that?
No
3. how do i set up my emulators i have fce ultra gx 2.0.3 genplus gx 8.26.08 snes fvc and wii64 i loaded them all as wads so now there channels. what do i put on the hdd and where.. i have all the games i want just dont know where to put them..
Put the emulators themselves on the sd card under the dir apps, these are your HBC apps, the channels you have installed will probably be forwarder channels in which case provided you title the folders correctly they should work fine too.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
daiuf said:
What controller would you suggest for Wii homebrew and emulators. I am on a limited budget and want either a classic controller pro or a Gamecube controller which one has the most compatibility?
I prefer the classic controller for the old school snes/nes stuff. The gamecube control is also different. I kind of prefer the classic control though. Its not bulky like the GC one.
As for compatibility, they are pretty much the same. Especially on emulators, they're both supported with all emulators I think. But a GC control won't work on a virtual console game (not that you'll need these with emulators)
QUOTE said:
Do they both work with the N64 emulator?
Yes
QUOTE said:
Also does the N64 emulator work well?
Game dependent yes
Can you hack the Wii to play DVD's?
Depends on the age of the wii, newer wii's have a drive that is unable to read anything but true wii games so dvd-r's and dvd movies do not spin. You can swap out the drive for an older drive that will work with them fine.

postandrun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahahaha, mitch21236 accidently solved the problem for me.

If anybody has VC/WiiWare games that should work and yet they mysteriously fail to load from the System Menu... Then go download and run Title Lister on your Wii. The VC/WiiWare will show up as "downloaded channel"'s in order of date, with the latest one you added at the top. It'll also tell you what IOS they need. If it says your Wii doesn't have that IOS, well, there's the problem. So install it and fucking rejoice when Sexy Poker finally works. If your Wii already does have the IOS I'm guessing it probably means you need a newer version of it, but be careful. Make sure the newer version won't close any homebrew exploits for you.

Oh yeah, Title Lister doesn't seem to take controller input so you'll have to hard reset your Wii when it's finished running, and get all the info you need before it scrolls off the screen. That's fun. Maybe Syscheck can be used instead. I wouldn't know. It freezes up on me.

P.S., Rondo of Blood requires IOS53.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
zizer said:
if you use triiforce or Mighty Channels no need ios , you can use cios
Exactly what I was gonna say, most people these days with wiiware/virtual console don't install it from the wad. Most people run it via nand emulation as installing wads is where bricks occur, bad wad = brick most likely. Whilst you can still recover from the majority of em, its easier to not have it to deal with and so nand emulation is safer.

Also it means you can keep your wii system memory free for game saves and having shit loads of channel installed looking a mess when you can just launch one app that has em all in a familiar sort of usb loader style coverflow. You can store em all on usb too, for example, if you wanted all wiiware (if you're a horder) then it would be quite a few gigs and your wii would be full after just a few games, whereas this way they're all on your hard drive so you never run out of space for the newer games.

Hellsingrunner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I've been making murals in Animal Crossing: CF the long way by taking 32x32 images and copying them by hand.

I was wondering if there was any way to extract save game data from the Wii, I want to take that information and modify the save game where the pattern data is stored. If I can extract the save game data into a readable and modifiable form I should be able to manage writing the program.

I just want to know if such a thing is possible. Thanks!
smile.gif

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hellsingrunner said:
Hi there, I've been making murals in Animal Crossing: CF the long way by taking 32x32 images and copying them by hand.

I was wondering if there was any way to extract save game data from the Wii, I want to take that information and modify the save game where the pattern data is stored. If I can extract the save game data into a readable and modifiable form I should be able to manage writing the program.

I just want to know if such a thing is possible. Thanks!
smile.gif
Never tried this, but it should work, just copy the save to the sd card then use this to pack/unpack the data.bin. Not sure were you would go from there though...
Anyway, its called FE100: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/FE100

Hellsingrunner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Never tried this, but it should work, just copy the save to the sd card then use this to pack/unpack the data.bin. Not sure were you would go from there though...
Anyway, its called FE100: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/FE100

Thank you for the prompt reply!
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately I've tried transferring the file over to my SD card but, misfortunately, you can't move AC:CF nor can you copy it. I'm not sure whether there's a more intrusive method of getting this data but simple copying/moving it over won't work.

I don't know much about Homebrew or softmodding but would softmodding allow me to obtain the save?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hellsingrunner said:
Unfortunately I've tried transferring the file over to my SD card but, misfortunately, you can't move AC:CF nor can you copy it. I'm not sure whether there's a more intrusive method of getting this data but simple copying/moving it over won't work.

I don't know much about Homebrew or softmodding but would softmodding allow me to obtain the save?
Which firmware do you have? You don't need to permament modifiy your wii if you are under 4.3.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hellsingrunner said:
It was just recently updated, so I do believe that I'm running 4.3 at this time.
Well, then it's not that easy to copy it... Do you have indiana jones, smash bros brawl (the american version) or ju gi oh 5ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1