Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Dispel

Trophies
XP
Country
been away from the scene for a while

1) Do Metroid Prime 1 & 2 Wii versions work @ USB HDD loading without alt-dol or is that still the same ?

2) and when using them from a disc backup - installing IOS55 v5149 rev17 DIP from DARKCORP is the only option ?

thanks

J8son

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love n00b threads!

OK, heres goes the issues I'm still unclear about regarding my softmod:

1) Using this tutorial, I softmodded my Wii. During the first pass which involves the "update.zip" it says to "install Bootmii as IOS & boot if possible." During this pass I selected "Install as boot2" first, then (still on the first pass) I selected "Install as IOS" from the file menu second.

Then, during the "modify.zip" pass, I did both again but in the opposite order. I selected IOS first, THEN boot2.

My first question is this. When someone asks me "Is your Bootmii installed as IOS or boot2," what do I say? During both the update.zip and modify.zip steps I selected both boot2 and IOS options, as the tutorial seemed to suggest.

Also, there was nothing in the tutorial about the "Prepare SD Card Option" that was available, so I skipped this.

Any thoughts?

MLRX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiZ420 said:
will new rev 21 get triiforce to work again?
but with support for 1TB + hard drives?
Most likely. rev20 was suppose to work with triiforce but wanin confidently messed something up.

Dispel

Trophies
XP
Country
Dispel said:
been away from the scene for a while

1) Do Metroid Prime 1 & 2 Wii versions work @ USB HDD loading without alt-dol or is that still the same ?

2) and when using them from a disc backup - installing IOS55 v5149 rev17 DIP from DARKCORP is the only option ?

thanks
looked around - I see nothing has changed in this regard - still no USB loading for MP Trilogy w/o alt-dol

ryu00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, been out of the loop for a few years, and my wii is very much at a primitive state, and would like to update to something more recent.
what i have:
-modded wii with wiinja (i think)
-at 3.2e
-homebrew chan 0.8?
-gecko channel fixed 002 (was using this to load games)

i havent installed any ios's or bootmii
-is there like 1 big easy installer?
-should i be updating to the latest wii nintendo firmware?
-in what order?
-seeing how the scene has progressed so much, is there little benefit to having a chipped wii these days? and do u just install all the same things as a non chipped wii?

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I just got a free wii off my cousin because he bricked it and bought a new one so I thought I'd try to recover it using savemiifrii. This looks like a low level brick as the tv can't find the wii's signal so there is no sound or video (not even a black screen). I have an official gamecube controller and have taken it apart to press left, right, down and up at the same time while turning it on but nothing comes up, I'm wondering if there is a timing trick to getting savemiifrii to work or if an actual savemii device would make a difference? Thanks for any help I get.

Lils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
1) Is there any way to play the Beatles rock band without instruments?
2) I have a USB microphone (which is also a web cam). I softmodded my Wii with this guide and I am using Neo Gamma 9 to load Beatles RB from disk. How can I make the game recognising it?

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lils said:
2) I have a USB microphone (which is also a web cam). I softmodded my Wii with this guide and I am using Neo Gamma 9 to load Beatles RB from disk. How can I make the game recognising it?
1. As far as i know no you can't... well maybe withh the wiimote but it's just not the same.

2. TBRB can only recognise certain USB mics either the original that comes with the game or any other logitech one.

Lils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
boof222 said:
Lils said:
1. As far as i know no you can't... well maybe withh the wiimote but it's just not the same.

2. TBRB can only recognise certain USB mics either the original that comes with the game or any other logitech one.
1) How?
2) I have a logitech one.

JDishCorp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi everyone! I just have a few questions. I have ios249 rev19 installed.
1. When I try to play my backup of super mario galaxy 2, neogamma r9 gives me "error no DVD (n)"
2. When I try to play my gc backups in gc backup loader 0.2, it gives me a green screen and reboots my wii. Also, if I try to play my gc backups in neogamma r9, it gives me "Err(1208) Disk ID.

So my questions are: How can I fix this "No DVD (n)" error and how can I fix theis rebooting problem? Thanks! Help is greatly appreciated!

Dispel

Trophies
XP
Country
just had somewhat of a problem - loaded RE Umbrella Chronicles via USB loading (a 250GB USB HDD, NTFS .. rev17 & CFG USB Loader v51 - old I know, but they were the latest when I softmodded my Wii .. also Hermes v4 and I used mload 222, which is IOS37 merged with 38 I think .. all default settings for the game in the loader) and the cutscenes were very laggy, freezing almost every second - both the initial before the menu and the one before the first mission .. gameplay was ok .. shut off the Wii and tried again - everything was ok .. is it just a random glitch or ? happened for the first time afaik

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a few questions:

1. Can I use the IOS58 Installer without having any troubles? I have HBC 1.0.8+ and on 4.2E.

2. I have Priiloader 0.3, is it safe to update it to 0.4 or BETA 0.5? Does anything change?

Thanks.

Dispel

Trophies
XP
Country
Dispel said:
just had somewhat of a problem - loaded RE Umbrella Chronicles via USB loading (a 250GB USB HDD, NTFS .. rev17 & CFG USB Loader v51 - old I know, but they were the latest when I softmodded my Wii .. also Hermes v4 and I used mload 222, which is IOS37 merged with 38 I think .. all default settings for the game in the loader) and the cutscenes were very laggy, freezing almost every second - both the initial before the menu and the one before the first mission .. gameplay was ok .. shut off the Wii and tried again - everything was ok .. is it just a random glitch or ? happened for the first time afaik
any ideas ?

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lils said:
boof222 said:
Lils said:

1) How?
2) I have a logitech one.
1. Well now that i've tried it myself you can't sorry mate.
2. Well on the compatibillity charts it usually says that any logitech mic will work, but if your's isn't working well then idk, you can find a cheap beatles mic for pretty cheap on ebay.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Update #1
I fixed the IDLE-mode on my WD drive and UNEEK is working now, but Triiforce and Triiforce MRC are not.
Error ret -1, "Can't get title list"

Help please.

HDD: http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Inte...8701&sr=8-1
Case: http://www.trekstor.de/en/products/detail_...amp;language=de
First partition: FAT32, Primary, Active
Secondary partition: NTFS, Primary
Wii: 4.2, cIOS rev17 in Slot 249

-CFGLoader works fine and can load my backups.
-UNEEK works if i start my Wii and the HDD simultaneously
-Triiforce MRC is not working ("Can't find title list blah")

I think it has something to do with Advanced Power Management/Spindown, but how to i fix this?
And why is CFGLoader working, but the NAND-based/related apps are not?

As i said, under certain condition even UNEEK starts and that's proof of my healthy NAND.

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My n00b question:

My Wii doesnt reads any SD Card

Im on 4.3 and I have tried alot of SD cards and none of them work.

The Wii reads them but says ¨the device inserted cannot be used¨

Anyone know what could be the problem?

Or any solution?

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
naruses said:
My n00b question:

My Wii doesnt reads any SD Card

Im on 4.3 and I have tried alot of SD cards and none of them work.

The Wii reads them but says ¨the device inserted cannot be used¨

Anyone know what could be the problem?

Or any solution?

Make sure the SD Card is FAT32 format and if you are using a mac make sure the SD Card has the Master Boot Record partition table.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission