Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Ghost999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know where I can find WAD's for installing channels? (USBLoader GX, Snes Emu, Nes emu ect) Just way to lazy to load up HBC every time lol

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ghost999 said:
Anyone know where I can find WAD's for installing channels? (USBLoader GX, Snes Emu, Nes emu ect) Just way to lazy to load up HBC every time lol

Google forwarders and you should probably be able to find something.

Now I have a question of my own for whoever wants to help. I'm still on firmware 3.2 U and I'm wondering if there would be any upside (or downside) to upgrading to the most current firmware. As far as playing newer backups on the older firmware goes I haven't had any problems with that as of yet. I know that as of 4.0 the capacity for SD card space has been greatly improved so that would be nice to have. I'm just wondering if there is anything big I should know before I make this decision because honestly I've been away from the homebrew scene for months and months and I'm not really informed on what the current situation is regarding all of this. Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

lovemusic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I am brand new to all this Wii Hacking and what not and during my research I find that I am getting lost in all the information that is out there. So I am hopeing that my very noob question can be answered here.
I have a 4.2U Wii and what I want to do is be able to play my copy of チョコボの不思議なダンジョン 時忘れの迷宮 (Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon: the Labyrinth of Forgotten Time).
When I was living in Japan I bought Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon and a Wii, 2 years later I sold my Japanese Wii and moved back to Canada but I wanted to keep Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon in hopes that I could play it on my North American Wii....and know I know that my Japanese Wii game can't be played on my North American Wii.

So if anyone can tell me or point me in the right direction for the best was to play my copy of チョコボの不思議なダンジョン 時忘れの迷宮 on my 4.2U Wii that would be great!!

I am sorry if this kind of question has been asked a hundred times, but I love Chocobo's Dungeon games and I am just getting so confused by all the information out there.

Thanks!

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hack3r said:
Ghost999 said:

Google forwarders and you should probably be able to find something.

Now I have a question of my own for whoever wants to help. I'm still on firmware 3.2 U and I'm wondering if there would be any upside (or downside) to upgrading to the most current firmware. As far as playing newer backups on the older firmware goes I haven't had any problems with that as of yet. I know that as of 4.0 the capacity for SD card space has been greatly improved so that would be nice to have. I'm just wondering if there is anything big I should know before I make this decision because honestly I've been away from the homebrew scene for months and months and I'm not really informed on what the current situation is regarding all of this. Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

avoid 4.3 (the most current).

4.0 gives SDHC (as you mentioned). 4.1 fixes wii sports resort WMP Video bug....4.2 was a anti-mod update which essentially did nothing (bannerbomb still works)...4.3 removes pre 1.0.7 HBC, and killed bannerbomb....

i was once in your shoes, then used this guide (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901) to bring me to 4.2....
this is a good guide too though....http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207126....generates step by step instructions from where you are to where you want to be.....

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
After completing Metroid Other M today i finally decided to give the Metroid Prime Trilogy a try, but im having some problems loading it the normal way

Got my Wii softmodded and im using the alt dol trick to load directly into the game i wanna play, But is there any way these days to load the game as usual to get the Metroid Prime Trilogy menu to show and choose which game from there?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SnAQ said:
After completing Metroid Other M today i finally decided to give the Metroid Prime Trilogy a try, but im having some problems loading it the normal way

Got my Wii softmodded and im using the alt dol trick to load directly into the game i wanna play, But is there any way these days to load the game as usual to get the Metroid Prime Trilogy menu to show and choose which game from there?
From USB? No. Only for disc, but I don't know how, there was a patching method.

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:

4.0 gives SDHC (as you mentioned). 4.1 fixes wii sports resort WMP Video bug....4.2 was a anti-mod update which essentially did nothing (bannerbomb still works)...4.3 removes pre 1.0.7 HBC, and killed bannerbomb....

i was once in your shoes, then used this guide (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901) to bring me to 4.2....
this is a good guide too though....http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207126....generates step by step instructions from where you are to where you want to be.....
Thanks I'll definitely check these guides out and I guess update to 4.2 though I guess I should mention that I used the twilight hack, not bannerbomb.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
SnAQ said:

Yeah, from USB

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hack3r said:
brausm08 said:

Thanks I'll definitely check these guides out and I guess update to 4.2 though I guess I should mention that I used the twilight hack, not bannerbomb.

Twilight Hack is dead 4.0+ ...bannerbomb is easier though....

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
hack3r said:
brausm08 said:

Does that mean I'm going to have to install bannerbomb? And would that be before or after the update to 4.2?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hack3r said:
brausm08 said:
hack3r said:
brausm08 said:

Does that mean I'm going to have to install bannerbomb? And would that be before or after the update to 4.2?
Not if you already have the HBC.

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krestent said:
hack3r said:
brausm08 said:
hack3r said:
brausm08 said:

Not if you already have the HBC.
Oh that's right. Yeah I'm already well into the hbc on my wii. So I guess I'll just update my firmware and expect no consequences
biggrin.gif

Optimatum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
For some reason, when I enter the SD card menu on my Wii, it freezes. I can't search for it because SD happens to be, shock horror, less than 3 characters. The question is "What is the problem with my Wii?"

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Optimatum said:
For some reason, when I enter the SD card menu on my Wii, it freezes. I can't search for it because SD happens to be, shock horror, less than 3 characters. The question is "What is the problem with my Wii?"
Delete the bannerbomb aktn folder (SD:\private\wii\title\aktn)

Chibicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got myself a USB HD.

I want to start making custom NSMBWii levels.

Are there any guides on replacing the files on the ISO?

dacore84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dacore84 said:
Hi all!

I got a 4.2E with USB Loader CFG (not sure of rev but an older one). Was about to play Metroid Prime Trilogy when it warned me about problems with ios249rev14 which I have been using for quite some while.

I read a bit and got the info that rev14 and rev16 had problem with dual layer games. So I downloaded the program ModMii and was about to download ios249rev19. But there are 3 different ones (bases?):

24937 = cIOS249 [37]-v19
24938 = cIOS249 [38]-v19
24957 = cIOS249 [57]-v19

Is the "57" the latest and the best? Is that the one I should use?

Also many seem to recommend "Hermes IOS 222/223". Is it possible to install both cIOS249 and Hermes IOS222/223 and then choose which one to use in CFG USB Loader? They won´t intervene with each other?

Sry for bad english and my noobiness.

No one?

Cawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a complete newfag when it comes to Wii hacking so bear with me please. I have a Wii 4.3, but I managed to install the HBC using Smash Stack. Now I want to get some other apps like the HBB and Gecko. How do I do this?

Sorry, I know how annoying questions like this can be. >_>

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
SnAQ said:
FIX94 said:
SnAQ said:

Yeah, from USB

yes, use sneek/uneek+di. game will work 100% as it should

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cawk said:
I am a complete newfag when it comes to Wii hacking so bear with me please. I have a Wii 4.3, but I managed to install the HBC using Smash Stack. Now I want to get some other apps like the HBB and Gecko. How do I do this?

Sorry, I know how annoying questions like this can be. >_>
Make an apps folder in the root of your SD. Download the apps and they should come in a folder, copy the folder to the apps folder in your SD card, insert the SD card into the wii, run the homebrew channel and the Homebrew apps should come up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...