Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesyphon said:
ok... I really don't know what to do now.... I need pro's help !!! ok so I have a softmod wii 4.2U..... well softmod its fast saying... so far i'm just able to instal wad (ocarina of time Rocks !!!!
gbasp.gif
) and start apps rom the hbc... i read on 1 guide that the chipset D3-2 does't allow me to play games on dvd so I install USBloader GX and also Wii Backup Manager on my pc... I had 2-3 iso on my pc ... so i try to put them on a USB stick but nothing..... the tv turn black with a green line on top.... I really don't know what to do... does it's make something that I had change to default iso load of each game to 249 with an ISO patcher.... and does someone find a way to play game on dvd with the wii's that has that D3-2 chipset....

If you need detail on my softmod .. well i use from A to Z that guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=173713 (well I skept 1 or 2 step that I did't need)...

I really need your help... thanks
why don't you try to install games using WBFS Manager instead. if after using this then same result, try a different loader say uLoader or neogamma.

tesulliv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System 4.2
Successfully completed xzxero's soft-mod guide
successfully installed usbloader gx
successfully installed Wii Backup Manager & WBFS loader 3.0
I have a 250 GB drive in FAT 32 format
I use Utorrent to DL files

Problem:
I am looking to play games strictly through usb loading.
1. How do I format the drive?
2. When I DL the games, where should they sit?
3. How do I set up the files so that usloader gx can recognize them?

Are there guides that walk one through the process of setting up the drive for wbfs and how to be able to play the games?

Thanks

El_Taco

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hello
Was woundering about the size of the games. The iso files are always around the same size but the dump of the game on a usb device in wbfs file is really variable(300mb(mario bros)- 4gb (Punch out) but the iso files are the same...)
So was woundering why(maybe a special compress type, or the original dump of the game is diferent...), if somone knows a reason, I'd enjoy him sharing it with me =) because having 3-4Gb dumps on my usb device = :'-(
Thx

El Dimentio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I tried installing HackMii through Smash Stack but it didn't work. My Wii is at version 4.2U and Brawl is NTSC too.

I made sure there weren't any custom stages saved on the Wii, I created one directly on the SD card, I turn off, put SD card on PC, pass the private folder from Smash Stack to the SD card (after renaming the old one to 'privateold') then I download HackMii 0.6 and move the boot.elf to the root of the SD card. I remove the SD card and put it on the Wii, load Brawl go to custom stages and the window loads normally, it looks like it's reading from the SD card and a custom stage is attempting to load but it freezes there and does nothing else.

Help me, please!
smile.gif

Norkusa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question about Wad Manager. I'm using v1.5 on my softmod and have no problem installing/uninstalling wads with it. However, my Wii's system memory is already filled up after only installing 5 WiiWare wads.

Is there any way Wad Manger can install & load wads directly from the SD card so I can save space on my Wii's internal memory? Or do I just have to keep deleting wads/channels/saves every time I want to load something new? I'm using a 16GB SD card and I'd like to make better use of it.
smileipb2.png

nevermind. figured out how to use the Wii's data management thingy. derp

ShadowWaker03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O.k. I have a problem trying to play Gamecube backups

1) I burned an iso to my DVD-R (memorex) and put it in my Wii (slowest speed possible)
-In my apps folder i have the GC Backup launcher and the MIOS Patcher ( I havent touched ANY apps)

My friend told me i need Starfall, but i dont know how to Downgrade my Wii proprely, so if i need that please tell me how to do so

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arch Feline said:
I have a North American Wii D2C with 3.1U and a Wasabi Zero going to a composite TV. I want to play PAL Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

With NeoGamma I can play in Black and White. With Iso Patch and WiiFrii version 2.3 choosing Smart patcher I get color but the frames move rapidly vertical. I get the same thing with Brute patcher choosing 480i but I get unlit screen with Brute patcher and 480p.

I am hoping that someone will tell me how to play my game in Color.

Here is what I want to try now. I can look at the North American release with a hex editor and I can change the PAL release to have the same television signal coding. Might this work and from/to which addresses in the ISO should I copy and paste?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tesulliv said:
System 4.2
Successfully completed xzxero's soft-mod guide
successfully installed usbloader gx
successfully installed Wii Backup Manager & WBFS loader 3.0
I have a 250 GB drive in FAT 32 format
I use Utorrent to DL files

Problem:
I am looking to play games strictly through usb loading.
1. How do I format the drive?
2. When I DL the games, where should they sit?
3. How do I set up the files so that usloader gx can recognize them?

Are there guides that walk one through the process of setting up the drive for wbfs and how to be able to play the games?

Thanks
maybe you are looking for this: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/iso

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
El_Taco said:
Hello
Was woundering about the size of the games. The iso files are always around the same size but the dump of the game on a usb device in wbfs file is really variable(300mb(mario bros)- 4gb (Punch out) but the iso files are the same...)
So was woundering why(maybe a special compress type, or the original dump of the game is diferent...), if somone knows a reason, I'd enjoy him sharing it with me =) because having 3-4Gb dumps on my usb device = :'-(
Thx
it is because of the fact that iso disc images have many unnecessary files on it. there is an application called wiiscrubber wherein you could remove those unnecessary files.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Figured this has been asked around too much so I ask here. What are the chances of the following

- New Wii drive fixed so I can put in copied discs (for gamecube reasons)
- A loader for gamecube isos of HDD

If anyone can shed some light, or has links, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sc4rFac3d said:
Figured this has been asked around too much so I ask here. What are the chances of the following

If anyone can shed some light, or has links, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
sorry but gamecube games disables the usb feature of the wii making it not possible to load gamecube games off the usb hdd.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
razorback78 said:
Sc4rFac3d said:

sorry but gamecube games disables the usb feature of the wii making it not possible to load gamecube games off the usb hdd.
Thanks for the answer man!

Punk's_Not_D

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey ya'll.

I'm wading into the softmodding pool, but I've hit a roadblock.
I'm running v4.0U, and I believe IOS61 (if that is relevant). I have BootMii and the HBC installed, and I've completed my NAND backup.
My objective is to play my backup'd games. I assume my next step is to run the Truncha Bug (I plan to only go to 4.1). Am I on the right track here?

Anyway the problem immediately facing me is when I try to run NUSD13 the application fails!
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)."
Any clues on this? Should I run an older version? If so I can't find a link to any.
I feel like I'm never gonna patch IOS36.

Any help on any front, whether it be with my NUSD problem or confirming that I'm on the right track, would be appreciated.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you could do trucha bug restore and even update to 4.1 using the dop-ios mod 10.1 i believe if i am not mistaken with the release no. just follow xzxero's guide.

charlieaf92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
charlieaf92 said:
I dusted off my wii to try new super mario bros tonight. I burnt the ISO to a DVD-R as usual and put it in (I have a chiip that I made with a version of openwii that I installed back when super smash came out). The game loaded a prompt to system update - so I did. Then it repeated the same message so I turned it off. I found a patch for the ISO, patched and re-burnt. Put that disc in and prompted for system update, so I did. This one took longer. Then it said turn off the console there is an error so I removed the disc and put it back in (same thing happened). So, I tried the original unpatched disc and it worked (I have no idea why).

The unpatched disc plays fine, but after about 5-10 minutes I get a black disc error screen.

Now the question - is it an issue with copyright protection, or is there just a bad spot on my disc? It doesn't freeze in the same spot every time.

Thanks in advance
Charlie

For those with the same issue as me - I came across this solution and it worked perfectly. http://www.ozmodchipsfaq.com/wiki/index.ph...ng_on_a_Modchip

I am able to boot NSMB via homebrew channel from my unpatched disc.

DaGleese

Trophies
XP
Country
ok well since i got no help at all, i used an alternate method, by patching EVERY SINGLE iso of every game i already burnt from NTSC to PAL, i can avoid requiring the system hack that was missing from the 4.0E list on the preloader wiki.

thanks for no help at all! the issue remains unresolved, and not one person answered my question, GOOD DAY!

tongue.gif

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DaGleese said:
ok well since i got no help at all, i used an alternate method, by patching EVERY SINGLE iso of every game i already burnt from NTSC to PAL, i can avoid requiring the system hack that was missing from the 4.0E list on the preloader wiki.

thanks for no help at all! the issue remains unresolved, and not one person answered my question, GOOD DAY!

tongue.gif
You mean these hacks for 4.0e

[Region Free Wii Discs]
version=418
offset=0x8137D428
value=0x60000000
[region free Wii games_1]
version=418
offset=0x8137D704,0x8137D6E4
value=0x4800001C,0x38000001
[Region free Wii games_2]
version=418
offset=0x8137D420
value=0x38000001
offset=0x8137D6E4
value=0x38000001
offset=0x8137F4B4
value=0x38600001

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...