Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

tone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all.

Last time I touched my wii (hack wise) was in May and I'm still on 3.3E.

I've got a chip but have also soft modded it. I currently have the following installed on an SD card:

IOS38-64-v3609
IOS53-64-v4113
IOS55-64-v4633

cIOS36_rev9-Installer
Wad Manager 1.3 SDHC
bootmii
HB Channel

I've come to play NSMB and have the 5-10 minute black screen problem like others have mentioned. I followed the guide to make it work with a chip but the error still occurs. I'm guessing I need to update an IOS but not sure which one?

Thanks

EDIT: figured it out. Just used a usb loader in the end and all works fine.

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My wii is now completely softmodded with the homebrew channel and all apps I would like on the SD card. Can I put the files from the SD card on the USB HDD I'm using anyway for my back-ups? It seems redundant to have two file storage devices inserted in the wii.

Tasuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I can load Neogamma from SD using HBC. But how do you install it as a channel so that it doesn't require an SD card?

DaGleese

Trophies
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
DaGleese said:
ok well since i got no help at all, i used an alternate method, by patching EVERY SINGLE iso of every game i already burnt from NTSC to PAL, i can avoid requiring the system hack that was missing from the 4.0E list on the preloader wiki.

thanks for no help at all! the issue remains unresolved, and not one person answered my question, GOOD DAY!

tongue.gif
You mean these hacks for 4.0e

[Region Free Wii Discs]
version=418
offset=0x8137D428
value=0x60000000
[region free Wii games_1]
version=418
offset=0x8137D704,0x8137D6E4
value=0x4800001C,0x38000001
[Region free Wii games_2]
version=418
offset=0x8137D420
value=0x38000001
offset=0x8137D6E4
value=0x38000001
offset=0x8137F4B4
value=0x38600001

thank you for resolving the issue
smile.gif

alimami

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
hi.
i have a RE:darkside chronicles and a modded wii with d2ckey.
my wii doesnt recognize the game what should i do?
i have tested it in a softmodded wii and it works but in my wii it doesnt work. softchip says partition error.
please help me.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
razorback78 said:
you could do trucha bug restore and even update to 4.1 using the dop-ios mod 10.1 i believe if i am not mistaken with the release no. just follow xzxero's guide.
dop-ios mod doesn't do the TBR steps properly

then why does complete softmod guide uses dop-ios mod then? http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha.../trucha-bug-4-2
from complete softmod guide:
1. Dop IOS MOD is the powerful tool that we are going to use.
Download DOP-IOS MODv10.1 and extract it to the apps folder on the SD card.

Wii ----------------------

Unplug ALL gamecube hardware (controllers and memory cards) before starting !

Lets first get ourselves the Trucha patched IOS
2. Run DOP-IOS MOD. Press A to continue to the next screen.

* Go down once to select "Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning".
* Press A to continue.

2a) You will go to the TBR menu. Leave the option at IOS36 and press B (no IOS reload).

* In the next menu, choose Downgrade IOS15.
* It will ask where to load the IOS from, choose Download IOS from NUS (if you follow the Offline guide, choose what the final note says instead).

Note: some people get problems with the next 2 steps. Please read this if the steps below don't work for you.

...etc.

edit: btw the above quoted are from complete softmod guide as of this time.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
The CSG uses it because it works for some people (like me)
But apperantly it doesn't work for some others

Thats why I reposted the old TBR steps: http://completesg.freeforums.org/for-peopl...and-c-t130.html
thanks for clarifying tj_cool. i was corrected by longtom back there so i was kinda confused on what is the real method used now for TBR. i am also giving advices like you guys so thanks for clarifying.

mzerok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i just used this guide again and everything works fine (backups etc.)
but now the original game wii sport resort asked me to update my wii...i already have version 4.2 and i'm not sure what he wants to update :-(
can i start this update or does this destroy my homebrew stuff? any ideas?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mzerok said:
i just used this guide again and everything works fine (backups etc.)
but now the original game wii sport resort asked me to update my wii...i already have version 4.2 and i'm not sure what he wants to update :-(
can i start this update or does this destroy my homebrew stuff? any ideas?
Use a loader to boot it....

link8822

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm having trouble playing my Wii Sports Resort disc. I am using cIOS rev 14, and NeoGammaR8 beta 15. I also have a Wii Key 2 installed, and am on menu version 4.1.

If I load up the Wii Menu with the disc in and wait long enough a message pops up saying "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc...."

When I try loading with NeoGamma, it tries to launch the game, but says "timeout" before going back to the main NeoGamma menu. I believe it was the original, unpatched PAL version that I burned to the DVD, but my Wii is NTSC.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

zaquitawesley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone,
I recently updated to 4.2, but am having trouble with the truch bug steps in xyzeros guide. That topic was getting so crazy with questions from everyone I thought it would be more appropriate to ask things here, so:
I am getting an error -2011 during the tbr 36 patch process. If I continue with the steps and attemp to remove stubs, each stub removal fails. If I continue to add the new cios from the wad manager it gives me another -2011 ticket error. I can still run backups from USB but would really like to add new cios for rockband, etc. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
link8822 said:
Hi,

I'm having trouble playing my Wii Sports Resort disc. I am using cIOS rev 14, and NeoGammaR8 beta 15. I also have a Wii Key 2 installed, and am on menu version 4.1.

If I load up the Wii Menu with the disc in and wait long enough a message pops up saying "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc...."

When I try loading with NeoGamma, it tries to launch the game, but says "timeout" before going back to the main NeoGamma menu. I believe it was the original, unpatched PAL version that I burned to the DVD, but my Wii is NTSC.

Bad burn/dump, maybe?

link8822

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
link8822 said:
Hi,

Bad burn/dump, maybe?

That what I thought might be the case, but I know once or twice the wii sports resort icon showed up in the disc channel but then went black when I hit start. I guess it'd just be best to re-burn it.

Xupmatoih

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so im thinking on getting wii points to get RB2 DLC, and i'd like atleast one of these two questions answered on what to do,etc...

question 1:
~there was a fix on the RB2 free dlc hack made this summer, and ive search and search and apparently there is no fix to it...sombody knows what exactly happened? like what did Harmonix do to stop that or if they will fix this,etc...

and:
~ if ^that doesn't get fixed im planing on buying some wii points to download dlc...but the wii shop is blocked due to my wii is hacked...any way to bypass the update warning on the wii shop channel??

thx in Advance!

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xupmatoih said:
ok so im thinking on getting wii points to get RB2 DLC, and i'd like atleast one of these two questions answered on what to do,etc...

question 1:
~there was a fix on the RB2 free dlc hack made this summer, and ive search and search and apparently there is no fix to it...sombody knows what exactly happened? like what did Harmonix do to stop that or if they will fix this,etc...

and:
~ if ^that doesn't get fixed im planing on buying some wii points to download dlc...but the wii shop is blocked due to my wii is hacked...any way to bypass the update warning on the wii shop channel??

thx in Advance!
have you tried here

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165332

Rossman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, this is a super noob question, but I hope someone can help!

I've been burning games for my wii which has a wiikey and softmod. I accidentally upgraded to 4.2u, so I followed a guide to get the homebrew and everything working again, so I have cios installers and have used them before.

I tried burning Tiger Woods 2010, but my wii won't read the disc! I heard somewhere that it works with cios 10, what exactly is that, and is this true? Do I need a motion plus first? I wanted to test the game and see that the wii read the disc first before buying. The disc channel doesn't understand what the disc is. I've burnt it several times, and it's the only game so far that isn't working...

Can anyone help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks