KennethNL

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I was wondering how I could get downloaded Virtual Console games to work on my Wii. I have the following:

PAL Wii + Wiikey
Firmware 3.2E
Homebrew Channel installed
Freeloader

Thanks a bunch!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
KennethNL said:
Hey everyone! I was wondering how I could get downloaded Virtual Console games to work on my Wii. I have the following:

PAL Wii + Wiikey
Firmware 3.2E
Freeloader

Thanks a bunch!
They should be .wad files so install them with the wad manager
you need to install a cIOS before it will work

misenial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
tj_cool said:
misenial said:
Hi everybody,
I've been searching around and couldn't find a clear answer to this problem. I'd be really grateful if someone can help me with this or point me to a thread with the definitive solution that I wasn't able to find
smile.gif

I have a Wii NTSC-U with D2Pro modchip, system version 3.2U. I never updated anything, and have *never* used a backup without running it through WiiBrickBlocker first. I've also managed to install HBC, Gamma Loader, WadManager and Any Title Deleter.

The problem I'm having is that I can't run the 'newer' games through the Disc Channel. For example, I can't run backups of MadWorld, Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Boom Blox Bash Party and Little King's Story. The disc loads correctly, but after I click on "Start", I just get a black screen.

After searching a bit, I found that the problem may have been that I'm missing the newer IOSs. However, I've tried extracting them from the backups through WiiScrubber, checking which I'm missing through Any Title Deleter, and installing the missing IOS through WadManager, and I still have the same problem. This only solved the issue for Boom Blox Bash Party, so I can now load it through the Disc Channel, but for all others I'm still stuck having to use Gamma Loader.

Does anyone know if there's a way to always load games through the Disc Channel, since I have a modchip?

Thank you!!!

PS. At first I thought it might have been something to do with PAL/NTSC, but I remember clearly that I've been able to run older PAL games through the Disc Channel with no problems.
I think there are still some ios missing. Try running the games with the newest geckoOs, it should install the needed IOS without updating the wii

Thanks!!! I've installed GeckoOS and can launch the games through it... but this seems equivalent to loading them through Gamma Loader, right? Is there simply no way to run them through the Disc Channel?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
misenial said:
Thanks!!! I've installed GeckoOS and can launch the games through it... but this seems equivalent to loading them through Gamma Loader, right? Is there simply no way to run them through the Disc Channel?
I don't know how, but the newest GeckoOs (1.9.1) can install the IOS that is needed by the game to use it with the disc channel.
Maybe you need to disable 'block update' from preloader (don't worry, geckoOs wont update you)

KennethNL

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
KennethNL said:

PAL Wii + Wiikey
Firmware 3.2E
Freeloader

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks! Does this also work for WiiWare? And can I install VC games from any region? Or only the region my Wii is? And do I have to be at a certain firmware to be able to play WiiWare and VC games I downloaded?

Thanks again!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
KennethNL said:
Thanks! Does this also work for WiiWare? yes
And can I install VC games from any region? Or only the region my Wii is? All regions, but to play out-of-region games, you need to make em region free or use preloader to get region free channels
And do I have to be at a certain firmware to be able to play WiiWare and VC games I downloaded? Any firmware will work, but if you have an older firmware its possible you need to install an IOS that you don't have

Thanks again!

trunksu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally got Homebrew Channel install on my v3.4u. I want to run games off my seagate go but having some trouble seeing the games. I already format the drive to WBFS and used WBFS Manager 3.0 to upload the game. I ran usbloader 1.5 but unable to see the games.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
did you check the compatibility of your HDD..?? and try another loader, configurable by Oggzee or coverfloader by Beardface, etc etc etc.....

KennethNL

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KennethNL said:
tj_cool said:
KennethNL said:

PAL Wii + Wiikey
Firmware 3.2E
Freeloader

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks! Does this also work for WiiWare? And can I install VC games from any region? Or only the region my Wii is? And do I have to be at a certain firmware to be able to play WiiWare and VC games I downloaded?

Thanks again for the help. I'm trying to install the PAL version of Mega Man 9 (the repack) on my PAL Wii. When I run the wad file through Wad Installer, I get an error and get sent back to the menu. What do I do now?

Thanks again!

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I know I've seen a topic on it but I don't recall what it is. I've done manual and auto searches but turned up nothing, so here goes (and I think it's an easy one).

I want some custom channels on my Wii for various homebrew apps, GeeXBox, Backup Launcher, and DragonMedia Player. I am unable to find an app that will convert ELF/DOL files to WADs or a program that would act to simply forward me from a banner to the homebrew app.

Again, I know that various channels are available, just looking to get pointed in the right direction.

Thanks for your time!

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k im on system menu 4.0u, everything works great including cioscorp and my hacked mIOS. My wii shop channel however, says that I must update to use it. Im on 4.0 right now anyway. How can I use the wii shop channel (what wad will i need and how do i install it)

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone actually reads this thread, lol, but here goes.

I'm on cios rev13b booting using usb loaders. I can load a game just fine, if however I return to the wii menu then try to load another, my system locks up. I must select 'Reset' after hitting the home key to be able to load another game w/o power cycling my Wii. I've seen in another thread which I can no longer find someone else saying they are experiencing the same issue.

Which cios should I downgrade to w/o losing compatability with my games? I just switched from burnt backups to usb loading post-cios13revb so I'm not sure which of waninkoko's previous releases will work for my needs. I've been using neogamma loader so I've never manually patched a game for the #002 fix. So I'd need, preferably, a cios which will auto correct that issue for me.

Any advice? I dont need peripherals working .. no crazy rock band action. I just need it to be able to load from a USB HDD.

SherlockHolmeboy

Trophies
Website
homebrefreeware.co.cc
XP
Country
Okay, so my friend accidently upgraded his Wii to 4.0E (sucker...). He already has the Homebrew Channel (but no cIOS) and wants it downgraded. I was just wondering if I used DowngradeIOS35, would I be able to install cIOS38 r13 and use Waninkoko's Firmware Downgrader to downgrade his Wii to 3.2E?

Schubdogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have just finished hacking my 3rd Wii for friends and I have about 10 more lined up that want theirs done. I realized I need to clear some questions up of my own before I start getting angry phone calls from friends that I busted their system
tongue.gif

1. I have been following this guide and so far it has been working great:
http://mikeandheth.com/games/109-store-and...tem-menu-4.html

Is this a good one to following? Is it smart to take a system and update it to 4.0u first?

2. I just bought a gamecube controller so I could access the bootmii menu and do a full NAND backup prior to doing any future wii's, but the 3 I have done so far, all I can do is go to them and back them up as they are NOW, which they are currently modified. I know this is better than nothing but is this the best way to go? I can't get them back to a "virgin" state can I?

3. I have been using cIOS rev10 and the only issue so far on 35 games is that metroid requires a disc in the drive which a blank dvd will do. When I updated to cIOS rev13 punchout gave a BSOD so I went back to using rev10. Is rev10 the most stable at the moment?

4. Also, so I run the IOS35 downgrade and then I installed the cIOS rev10, but on one of the wii's I accidentally installed that on the IOS35 and not the custom IOS249 or whatever it is, does this matter? I don't seem to be seeing any issues...

5. Here is my biggest fear/issue. All these forums and sites talking about "bricking" their wii and this and that, is that all related to hardware modded wii's and updates? Are those issues related to previous hacks like the twilight hack? Is this newest one pretty brick proof? I know using the boot1/2 method is supposed to be brick proof but what if the wii only allows the IOS?

I guess my biggest fear is screwing up a wii for a buddy and having to shell out $250 for a dumb mistake
wink.gif

Lastly (I know this is a lot of friggin' questions, sorry!), once a wii is all modded and it's all said and done, what, if anything, can brick it? A system update? A game update? I'd like to know so I can warn people what to avoid.

Any and all answers and comments would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Drock85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm pretty new to this scene. I have a softmod 4.0u wii with HBC, ciosrev13b, and v3 backup loader g3 and Wii gator 002 fix backup loader (although I think new update fixed 002 either way for either loader) I recently backed up some of my wii games and burned them to dvd-r's which has been working fine until I tried Punch Out (NTSC). I load the burn copy of Punch Out (NTSC) using either backup loader and the backup loader v3 002 fix and can get in the first fight with glass joe the whole fight is fine cut scenes are fine. Until I tko him in which before the cutscene after the fight I get a disk read error. I've tried two Phillips DVD-R disks burned using nero at 2x speed haven't had previous issues with any of the other games (Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Sluggers, COD 5 WAW) but noticed that some other people might be having similar issues with this game. I was curious if this error is simply a disk burning error....or if its a common one in which there is a solution I may not have found yet?

Any help is appreciated because I'm tired of searching...

Thanks
-Drock

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Drock85 said:
Ok so I'm pretty new to this scene. I have a softmod 4.0u wii with HBC, ciosrev13b, and v3 backup loader g3 and Wii gator 002 fix backup loader (although I think new update fixed 002 either way for either loader) I recently backed up some of my wii games and burned them to dvd-r's which has been working fine until I tried Punch Out (NTSC). I load the burn copy of Punch Out (NTSC) using either backup loader and the backup loader v3 002 fix and can get in the first fight with glass joe the whole fight is fine cut scenes are fine. Until I tko him in which before the cutscene after the fight I get a disk read error. I've tried two Phillips DVD-R disks burned using nero at 2x speed haven't had previous issues with any of the other games (Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Sluggers, COD 5 WAW) but noticed that some other people might be having similar issues with this game. I was curious if this error is simply a disk burning error....or if its a common one in which there is a solution I may not have found yet?

Any help is appreciated because I'm tired of searching...

Thanks
-Drock

I believe that error comes from the scrubbed .iso, I got mine in one piece (4.38GB file) and then burned it at 16X on Sony DVD+R media using Nero6 on a Lite-On writter, and it works great, no problem at all and I've played it long enough to have an issue by now, but no, I think it is the image cause even on the USB loaders have the same issue at the same exact point..!!
smile.gif

Landon

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

Someone please help me... I've been desperatly searching on the net for Wiigator's cMIOSv8 but I just can't find it anywhere
frown.gif
All I can find is Wanikoko's cMIOS Rev03 but everyone says Wiigator's is way better. For the first time I used Wiigator's MIOS Patcher with MIOSv5 but I guess the cMIOSv8 by Wiigator would be better. Anyway, is it ok that every time I reset my console after playing GC games I get this "error occurred...etc" message...? Just one more n00b q pls
smile.gif
Can't reseting the wii every time after playing gc games harm it?

All your answers are greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

shatter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
are backups burnt games and

can u play dowloaded games on usb loader or wat can u play on it

im a total noob and i no only alittle about these tihngs

Schubdogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shatter said:
are backups burnt games and

can u play dowloaded games on usb loader or wat can u play on it

im a total noob and i no only alittle about these tihngs

If I am not mistaken, the older ways of modding your Wii is used with burned backups. The newer way via the SD card method and you can "Rip" games or load them via PC to your external USB harddrive and boot them up right off of that.

I believe the USB loader is soley for playing backups from actual game discs, not from downloaded content

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Your eyes need to rest.