Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Every time I run the backup launcher and put in a gamecube backup disk I get an error message like "Disc Err (324) no cIOS. I installed the cIOS through network install though.

Iam still on 4.0.

And I can't do the hook thing because it says error launching system menu.

Hero#1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
So I have some questions.. again
biggrin.gif

1- I've already downloaded starfall to prevent bricks,but I'm thinking about downloading preloader also, will this affect my wii or starfall functions or anything ?
2- I want to install CIOS38 rev8, but Im not sure if I have already(don't ask why
biggrin.gif
lol) anyway can I just run the installer and install it normally ? or if i had it already and tried to install it again this might damage my wii ?

thanks in advance for answering
smile.gif

Zieg30CT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few days ago I installed both of WiiGator's backup loaders along with the requirements one of them being cIOS36 rev8. So here's my question:

Will the cIOS36 rev8 be the only requirement to play newer Wii games or do I need to find and install newer versions of other IOS(s) in order to get the games to play?

(some games I have in mind for playing are Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, possibly MadWorld, and Animal Crossing Wii)

Fildy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. Im running 3.2u with hbc and gamma loader. I started installing wiiware today using wads, installed too many and had the wii tell me that I needed to fix the data storage problem. I started to move some save files from my wii to my sd card. One file was 2 blocks and took like 10 minutes to delete. After ten minutes I shut down the wii(this is probably the mistake). When I start the wii back up I start moving channels from my wii to my sd card, after moving 3 channels I have enough room on my wii so It isn't telling me to fix it any more. One thing I noticed in my wii channels area is that I have one channel that is 14 blocks and has a "?" as the picture. I have no idea what this is or what it could be, all the wads I installed Installed correctly and the channels were installed correctly as well. *Note* This isn't my problem but any input is appreciated.

The Big problem I am having is when I go to my save data on the wii nothing loads. There are no save icons under the wii tab, i cannot click the sd tab nor can I go back using the back button at the bottom. Its almost like the wii freezes on this page. I can use the home button and then click wii menu, but when I do that I get a black screen and have to power my wii down by holding the button for 5 seconds. Everything else still appears to be okay, but its a bit of a problem that my save data wont load at all so I cant manage any of my save, I can still manage my channels though.

Any help is much appreciated,
Fildy

locomia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello!

I bought my Wii this week, so I am very very very NOOB in these unlocking issues.

It´s European, serial# LAH10701877-9 and I am trying to figuring out the best way to unlock it to play burned/copied/alternative games and original US games (because I have 2 of them).

Here in Brazil there´s a lot of people selling various types of hardware unlocking, with solder and solderless. They say it´s more safe because software unlocking can brick the console when the system updates itself. I don´t know if trust them or not.

I have read the first post in this topic, and want to ensure I have understood correctly it.
To do the software unlocking I need to:

1- buy an original european PAL Zelda:TP game
2- install Twilight Hack
3- Install Homebrew
4- Install WADmanager
5- Install Gammaloader (to play the burned discs)
6- Install Gecko OS (to play the american games)

1st question: Whats the best way to unlock it, in your opinion? Via hardware, or via software?

2nd question: Did I understand correctly how to do the software unlocking? Do you think I can do it? Do you have more suggestions, warnings?

3rd question: Can I download games from the internet and play in both unlocking situations, via SD card?

Thanks in advance. Hugs

Anderson

Fildy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@locomia

1.) Softmodding is easier and cheaper than hardmodding, plus there is the added bonus of not having to open your system at all.

The chances of bricking your wii are very slim as long as you follow the steps you are given to a T.
If you are unsure on something, read again, do more research ask more questions. You can never know enough imo, Im about a month or so in and I still learn something knew each day.

2.) You are really close. If you could link what guide you are using it would be helpful. You will also need to install cios 36 rev 8. I cannot link you to the download but google is your friend. There are a plethera of guides by many different people on how to softmodd, there are many involving downgrading to 3.2 and some allowing you to stay on the firmware you are on. Also you should look into installing starfall and/or preloader, which are both tools to help you not brick your wii, basically a safety precaution.

3.) Yes you can download games online, but it is probably illegal in your area is it is msot places. Supposedly with the new 4.0 update, which I haven't messed with myself. The main way of playing backed up/downloaded/dumped games is burning at the lowest speed on a -r dvd (Verbatim and TDK work best).

I suggest doing more reading before you go on with softmodding it. I didnt feel safe myself until I understood what I was doing in each step.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
now my turn
can someone make an special hack that I/you can use the sd menu and that every thing of hacks work?

I mean something like Sm 3.2 with ds card menu?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Soma Cruz.
SD Menu is part of system menu 4.0 so it cant be added to 3.2 without alot of effort being put in. besides that, i've updated to 4.0 now and still have every feature (except for preloader) using 'koji2009's method that i helped test
smile.gif

i didnt expect to get it to work so easily but there you go. Shop channel, all new IOS' for madworld, HOTD etc excellent!

@Zieg30CT
cIOS36_rev8. i'm not entirely sure what it changes, but the other updates of the cIOS have always been to update compatibility. it is also needed if you want to downgrade or use wadmanager in firmware 4.0 though.

have you not considered using cIOSCORP if you are on a firmware lower than 4.0?

the best thing i can suggest is asking koji2009 if you can test his method of updating, that way you get 4.0, sd menu AND backup disc loading from the disc channel. not to mention all the required IOS' needed to play the games you mentioned
smile.gif

@Hero#1
cIOS38? dont you mean 36? if you have cIOS36 rev8 insalled and then re-install it, it will just overwrite the other one. no bricks, nothing bad.

@RecklessReaperr
i dont know exactly whats up, but it sounds like you dont have cIOS installed lol. 4.0 still has some mysterys unsolved so i'll have to leave it to someone else to answer i'm afraid.

Now for my own question. now that i have firmware 4.0E can i use softmii tweaks/ healthii installer to install the olld custom menu i had? or is that a no go now?

i do realise that it's far more dangerous to carry out because there is no brick protection but can one still be installed safely this way if you know it worked on the older firmware?

thanks to anyone that can help
smile.gif

jimshabadoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's been a lot going on the last few days. Is it possible to get a few new guides listed in the stickied "guides" topic for noobs? For example, an easy-to-use guide for upgrading to 4.0? A guide to the USB Loader? There's all this cool stuff happening but I'm having a difficult time keeping track of what new stuff is available, what I should be installing, and whether I should be upgrading at all.

Littlegator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any official efforts being made on cracking 4.0U?

My brother got AC:WW and updated my Wii from 3.4 to 4.0. I never actually got around to doing the Twilight Hack, and now I want to since I've been playing Animal Crossing with him (save editing, etc.). Obviously, I can't do anything until the update is cracked, but I'm just wondering if anyone has found any potential vulnerabilities and are making significant progress.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll post here even though I don't think it's that much of a newbie question.
biggrin.gif

First, I'll list some things I do know.

-ww_packer. This has bug fix in which you drag a WAD into.
-cIOS36 rev9 (which just came out for the USB loader and you need IOS36-64-v1040.wad in the root directory.)
-cIO37 rev3 ??? (Getting a ret = -1 error, which you need the IOS37-64-v2070.wad in the root directory)
-cIOS222 USB2.0 support.

From reading the changelog of both cIOS36 rev9 and cIOS USB2Beta3 the difference isn't much but USB2Beta3 comes with a WBFS format system?

And what's the diff in cIOS36 rev9 and cIOS37 rev3?? Also, seeing as I'm getting errors with 37rev3, would I be doing the same thing if I installed the CIOSBUGFIX37.wad found in the SoftMii package?? (Also, has this WAD simply just been put through the ww_packer bug fix .bat file?)

Thanx heaps for ya help guys!!
biggrin.gif

Can't wait to test this USB loader!!
tongue.gif

nismohks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got my pal wii with drivekey but updated to SM 4.00 only to find that some backups dont work anymore.

i am trying to play mario kart PAL which was patched to NTSC by my friend with a possible video made change and it didnt work. then i made an image using imgburn and tried to use RegionFrii to change to PAL and then burnt again at 4x verbatim.

still it didnt work.

funny thing was that it worked before i updated to SM4 and i dont have homebrew channel or other OS.

help?

dkmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can i shrink the iso's so I can store them to my HDD. I mean like a rar, so when I need them I would extract them then burn them and play them.

Hero#1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
@Hero#1
cIOS38? dont you mean 36? if you have cIOS36 rev8 insalled and then re-install it, it will just overwrite the other one. no bricks, nothing bad.

thanks for answering
smile.gif

*and yes i meant cios36, stupid copy+pase work ;p*

thenewrich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have just downgraded to 3.2 from 3.4 i have got the hdd loader installed and working great now i just want to add some brick protection to my wii...

should i just install preloader and starfall and if so what is the latest version of these! thanks in advance!

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Question:

I have installed sysmenu 4.0 the official way (network update)...
i have Cios 36 rev9 installed, so wad manager still works... anyregionchanger 1.1 doesnt :S

can i downgrade by installing a wad file of sysmenu290 (3.2E)?
or will this brick me?

thnx in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN