Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
my wii is on System Version 4.3U... and I think I am going to get a new SD card
Unfortunately it fails mostly on the SD Card.:(
For the Exploit it is really recommended to use an old non SDHC/SDXC Card and no microSD with Adapter.
After then you can use any SD Card you like.:)

MkwiiNight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only a SD Card (if possible 2-8 GB and FAT32 formatted),your Wii´s MAC Adress and a PC with Internet is needed.:)
And of course your Wii should be on System Version 4.3x.

Thank you.:)
And I forgot to mention I don't think it matters, but I am trying to letterbomb/get CTGP

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For the Exploit it is really recommended to use an old non SDHC/SDXC Card and no microSD with Adapter.
I only have SDHC/SDXC cards.... i'm new to this so I have only had to buy one. I am thinking about getting a 2GB plain SD card. Any not crazy expensive but functional SD cards to get?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What kind of SD card should I get? PS: something not crazy expensive but functional.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Wats the max sdhc card wii supports after its soft modded?

Hello.:)

From NINTENDO Official Statement - 32 GB :D

Depending which BRAND you use 512 GB and up....
No for maybe your next Question,unfortunately I do not have a actual LIST which SD Card Brand is recommended/tested/works.:D

But maybe better use an large USB HDD for the Wii/GameCube Games because of the faster Speed.
Emulators can configured to boot the ROMs from the USB Device too.
Covers/Boxarts and so on can be also stored on the USB HDD.
Applicaton/Homebrew mostly works only from SD Card but 32-64 GB is really enough Space for them.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

Rai93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a one terabyte drive that I want to use for my Wii, I'm wanting to partition it for both GC and Wii. Can someone point me to a guide on that?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wats the max sdhc card wii supports after its soft modded?

I'm not sure what the max is, but on the vwii at least, 256GB is fine. however, you can't move games over on to the sd card to play them. I don't know if it's a limitation of the wii as well or just vwii, but you'll get an error with cards that large.

yeah, 32GB is the recommended max, but nintendo says that about the 3ds too (32GBs). the larger the card, the more sluggish it could be on the home menu. I've seen that on the 3ds at least. it won't be noticeable when actually playing a game though.

edit: with playing games off the sd card, I'm referring to the official way. nintendont and backup loaders don't seem to be affected.

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Rai93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking for answers for a bit and along the way I noticed someone mentioned themselves partitioning fat32 for gc and ntfs for wii, but it doesn't matter?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno. I have mine formatted to fat32, and it's just for wii games. my gamecube games are on the sd card. I've never heard of ntfs being usable. I know that on the ps3 they had to do a few tricks to get it to work, since it's not natively supported.

Reactions: jeannotte

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that limitation is probably due to mbr, which can be formatted up to 2TBs. one thing I discovered is that mbr on 2TBs doesn't seem to work on the ps4. it has to be gpt for 2TBs. I discovered that a while back when I was mass installing, and I couldn't figure out why the pkgs couldn't be seen.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Rai93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted my drive last night to exfat with 32768kb partitions, is that going to cause problems because fat32 wouldn't show up.
edit: also does the initial homebrew install have to be through sd card or can i just install letterbomb to my drive and go from there?

Last edited by Rai93,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast