NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by richglix, Jan 26, 2009.

1. grcd

grcd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Hi everyone. I have an ancient Wii that hasn't been touched in ages. It had homebrew including the homebrew channel and some loaders installed, as well as some custom cIOS.

The problem is that I tried booting it up and homebrew channel throws exception errors while loading. Sometimes it will let me proceed but an error will follow shortly after launching homebrew.

I would like to know if this is a known issue and if it can be fixed by updating all files to the most recent version(s).

If so, can someone point me in a direction of a guide? I have found plenty of guides of how to hack a Wii, but none specifically targetted to those who just wish to get up to date with all current developments, and new homebrew (launchers, etc.).

2. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    Try using ModMii to update your softmod, make sure to make a sysCheck.csv using sysCheck (I recommend HacksDen Edition 2.4.0).

XFlak, alexander1970 and jeannotte like this.
  3. Kanesuit

Kanesuit Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2019
    Canada
    California, USA
    Hey all. I’m normally pretty good at this modding/hacking thing but this Homebrew Wii stuff has got me confused.

My kid dug up the old wii from under the stairs and I thought I could get it missed for her.

I have the home brew channel installed but I have no idea how to get apps installed, specifically USB loader gx. Can I just move the files to a fat32 USB drive in an /app folder?

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  4. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

For correct working it is recommended to use an FAT32 formatted SD Card (2 -32 GB recommended).
    Most of the Homebrew Tools works only from SD Card.

Also the 3 most used USBLoaders are developed to work from SD Card.
    For the Wii/Gamecube Games you can use an FAT32 formatted USB Device (a HDD is prefered and recommended).

Thank you.:)

jeannotte and banjo2 like this.
  5. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Check out ModMii, you'll be glad you did

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  6. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Without an SD Card ? :P

But,yes the best and safest and easiest Solution to get the Wii up to Date.:yay:

jeannotte likes this.
  7. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Well if he already has the homebrew channel installed he could probably do it without an SD card, but I don't think he mentioned not having one, so I would just as quickly assume he can follow the modmii procedure as per usual :)

Last edited by XFlak, Dec 4, 2019
    alexander1970 and jeannotte like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted