NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by richglix, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Ghoost22

Ghoost22 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2019
    United States
    I'm just about all set up but struggling to get neek to work how I want. I finally have Sneek working and can auto boot games into it on USB Loader GX... however after already in the game, if I hit the home button on the wiimote at any point, it freezes the system. Any ideas?

2. Phantom-Ant

Phantom-Ant Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    Italy
    Does Nontendont work on wii mini?

3. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    Might, but IDK. Assuming that Wii Mini has both MIOS and IOS 58 (which I'm pretty sure has both), Nintendont should work.

4. banjo2

banjo2 little man

May 31, 2016
    United States
    gamer armchair
    From @N7Kopper:
    Also, he posted here too.

Last edited by banjo2, Oct 18, 2019
  5. A_Drill

A_Drill Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    Australia
    Hello,
    What would stop banner bomb appearing in the calendar? This isn't my first wii mod, I modded one back in 2012 manually somehow, and did another one using modmii a year or so ago no problems.
    I just picked up a cheap rvl-001 with motionplus and pro controllers, and I still have my old 2GB sd card from the old days.
    As far as the wii specs, I know my MAC, it's v4.3E, the date is set right, it connects to wifi, the sdcard slot works (I put in my 8gb card full of VC games and the wii can see them but obviously can't load them).
    So everything from modmii was correctly entered into the site and then put onto the 2gb sd card but no bannerbomb appeared.
    I had another go downloading all the bannerbomb stuff from another site but still nothing (I searched back months in the calendar)

I read about other methods of hacking but I have no browser for the wii (the shopping channel loads but the only software available is uwii transfer or skywrd sword game saver or something, they've removed the browser channel). Unfortunately my linux laptop doesn't have bluetooth either)

6. banjo2

banjo2 little man

May 31, 2016
    United States
    gamer armchair
    Bannerbomb doesn't work on 4.3U. But, maybe you mean Letterbomb?

And, str2hax is another method.

7. A_Drill

A_Drill Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    Australia
    Yeah, I meant letterbomb.
    Anyway, I'm glad I posted this in the n00b thread because I eventually got it working. maybe problem was the only PC I have with sd slot is a linux laptop, and I was trying to transfer the modmii files for windows from the windows desktop PC onto the linux laptop then to sd card. Maybe it was a bad format via linux on the sd card. I tried redoing the modmii setup a couple of times, and then I even found an old camera to format the sd card as well. Anyway, eventually I go the wii to read the sd card.

Now to find some way of retreiving saves because my 7 y/o isn't going to want to get all the cars ago in cars2 like he has done on the wii at his mother's house. (E: figured that out quick enough, set nands on loader to partial or full, set the path of the nands in custom paths section to usb. So as soon as I get his hdd I can copy the saves)

Last edited by A_Drill, Oct 21, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted