XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
When IOS58 was released it was the first official ios to support usb2.0 speeds. The community was very excited to see how it would improve cIOSs when used as a base, but ultimately it led to nothing. Base 57 (not 56) is the best in terms speed and compatability. As I said, all you should need is what ModMii installs to slot 249. The other slots like 250 or 251 (from the other guide) are there "just in case" , but honestly you'll probably never need them.

The 64 in ios filenames... not sure why that's there, it's just how their names by default and I left it unchanged in ModMii.

You are correct about installing a patched ios60 to those slots, it will protect from upgrade/downgrade bricks in certain scenarios. If u are only ever using ModMii to upgrade/downgrade then you won't need it, but it doesn't hurt. You never know when someone's little brother decides they want to hack the wii to be even better and just brick it because they don't know any better.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you access bootmii from priiloader or the hbc? If so, your sd card is set up properly and the issue is something else.

Post a Syscheck too just so we can confirm it's installed as boot2.

klm_spitfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When IOS58 was released it was the first official ios to support usb2.0 speeds. The community was very excited to see how it would improve cIOSs when used as a base, but ultimately it led to nothing. Base 57 (not 56) is the best in terms speed and compatability. As I said, all you should need is what ModMii installs to slot 249. The other slots like 250 or 251 (from the other guide) are there "just in case" , but honestly you'll probably never need them.

The 64 in ios filenames... not sure why that's there, it's just how their names by default and I left it unchanged in ModMii.

You are correct about installing a patched ios60 to those slots, it will protect from upgrade/downgrade bricks in certain scenarios. If u are only ever using ModMii to upgrade/downgrade then you won't need it, but it doesn't hurt. You never know when someone's little brother decides they want to hack the wii to be even better and just brick it because they don't know any better.

Can you access bootmii from priiloader or the hbc? If so, your sd card is set up properly and the issue is something else.

Post a Syscheck too just so we can confirm it's installed as boot2.

Still need to run through the full installation with ModMii, but here's how things are looking at the moment (having "successfully" installed bootmii as boot2 with Hackmii):
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 02.13.2007
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 63655716
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v4
Found 65 titles.
Found 47 IOS on this console. 14 of them are stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS249[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 08/02/2019.

Oh, and yeah, I can access BootMii from Priiloader and the HBC.

Last edited by klm_spitfire,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Moufou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I’m interested in modding a Wii, I read a bit and learned that ModMii is what I would need to do mod in 2019.

I’m basically looking to be able to play Wii, GameCube with burned cds/on usb, snes games and probably n64 games.

I read that 4.3 version don’t read DVD.

Will ModMii be able to guide to do all this?

Thanks in advance!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi, I’m interested in modding a Wii, I read a bit and learned that ModMii is what I would need to do mod in 2019.

I’m basically looking to be able to play Wii, GameCube with burned cds/on usb, snes games and probably n64 games.

I read that 4.3 version don’t read DVD.

Will ModMii be able to guide to do all this?

Thanks in advance!

Hello. :)

Congratulations on choosing to Mod your Wii.:yay:

As you researched correctly,ModMii is the easiest,fastest and safest way to get all needed Things on your Wii.And also correct it is the easiest way when your Wii is on System Menu Version 4.3,

If you installed ModMii on your PC,the FIRST option "W" is the guide for you to get you step by step to the final results.:)
The only thing you need is the MAC Adress of your Wii and an SD Card (2-4 GB for normal Applications or 16-64 GB for using Gamecube Games and Emulators.)
An USB HDD recommended for the Wii games.

Power on your Wii console and press the A Button on the Wii Remote to reach the Wii main menu. Use the Wii Remote to select the "Wii" button.

wiimenu.gif

Select "Wii Settings" to access the "Wii System Settings" menu.

wiisettingsmenu.gif

Using the arrow on the right side of the screen, scroll to page two and select "Internet."

wii_settings_arrow.png

Select "Console Information."
The Wii Console's MAC address will be shown at the top of the screen.

Please read the ModMii Guide careful and take your time to make the needed steps to get a successfully modded Wii.

Good Luck.:)

Yes,there are many other ways to get a final result:

- Letterbomb and HackMii Installer
- Pimp My Wii
- Game exploit(s)

It is your free choice.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: Moufou and XFlak

Moufou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello. :)

Congratulations on choosing to Mod your Wii.:yay:

As you researched correctly,ModMii is the easiest,fastest and safest way to get all needed Things on your Wii.And also correct it is the easiest way when your Wii is on System Menu Version 4.3,

If you installed ModMii on your PC,the FIRST option "W" is the guide for you to get you step by step to the final results.:)
The only thing you need is the MAC Adress of your Wii and an SD Card (2-4 GB for normal Applications or 16-64 GB for using Gamecube Games and Emulators.)
An USB HDD recommended for the Wii games.

Power on your Wii console and press the A Button on the Wii Remote to reach the Wii main menu. Use the Wii Remote to select the "Wii" button.

View attachment 175844

Select "Wii Settings" to access the "Wii System Settings" menu.

View attachment 175845

Using the arrow on the right side of the screen, scroll to page two and select "Internet."

View attachment 175847

Select "Console Information."
The Wii Console's MAC address will be shown at the top of the screen.

Please read the ModMii Guide careful and take your time to make the needed steps to get a successfully modded Wii.

Good Luck.:)

Yes,there are many other ways to get a final result:

- Letterbomb and HackMii Installer
- Pimp My Wii
- Game exploit(s)

It is your free choice.:)

Thanks for the answer!

Just to be sure, You recommend me to use a USB HDD because flash drives have better chance to stop working (like with wiiU) or because a flash drive can cause a problem?

Moufou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I have another question/problem.

I was able to mod my Wii using ModMii without problem and install USB loader gx, nintendont gba emulator.

Now I would like to add a forwarder for usbloader gx and/or nintendont (I read in https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/ that it would be better to add a forwarder for usbloader gx since it will also work with nintendont)

My problem is When I try to install a forwarder for either USBLoaderGX or nintendont, I get a exception “ dsi occurred “

Picture of the error:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kUgrZGdhpc1yhsw9O1X8Z33IzNxB5HY3

Am I missing something to be able to install the forwarder or its a wad problem?

D

Deleted User

Hello!
I have two questions... literally now I've installed the Homebrew Channel on a new vanilla 2006 Wii.

1.- I've installed a WAD to the Wii Menu... I've transfered THAT Channel to the SD Menu... but attempting to load it from SD Menu won't work. How can I fix it? Am I missing some cIOS?

2.- Why is Homebrew Channel running on IOS61? I'm pretty sure that on My Wii, it runs on IOS58. Is this a problem?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The 64 in ios filenames... not sure why that's there, it's just how their names by default and I left it unchanged in ModMii
It's for consoles with 64 MB of "expansion" memory (ie not counting the gamecube's which is integrated in the processor) - developer ones have twice as much as Nintendo has been doing for a while :)

I read that 4.3 version don’t read DVD
"4.3" is a Wii Menu version and it has nothing to do with the ability to run non-original discs (which is determined by your optical drive's chipset) or, for that matter, the ability to run non-original discs directly from the Wii Menu if you do indeed have (or replace yourself) a compatible drive (priiloader patches to run the Wii Menu and launched discs on IOS249 exist for most versions)

I've installed a WAD to the Wii Menu... I've transfered THAT Channel to the SD Menu... but attempting to load it from SD Menu won't work. How can I fix it? Am I missing some cIOS
They don't run off the SD but rather are autocopied back to the console - that counts as installation, so if the title is unsigned you must be running the Wii Menu on a trucha-enabled IOS (note that, as of today in practice but not in theory, having a trucha-enabled IOS80 is incompatible with RiiConnect24 since their patcher doesn't allow you to also add trucha/identify/nand/ etc patches)

FancyNintendoGamer567

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't restore cIOS to look like the old wii.
The new setup is better (with base57 in slot249 instead of 250).
both Wii have the same cIOS version (v8 final), so both are identical.

like he said, the issue is probably the flashdrive.
Old flasdrive (and maybe old wii apparently?) have better compatibility.
use a real external HDD instead.

if you really insist on using flashdrive, you'll have to format it to WBFS format (old deprecated), but you'll use it only for wii games, no gamecube or other homebrew.
What? I'm using NTFS for my Wii USB (more like a SD-to-USB adapter with a 32GB SD card but yea) and it works just fine.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
What? I'm using NTFS for my Wii USB (more like a SD-to-USB adapter with a 32GB SD card but yea) and it works just fine.

SD-to-USB adapter with an SD card is NOT a flash drive. The compatibility will depend more on the adaptor itself.
And NTFS is not the best for homebrew, most will not recognise it, Nintendont doesn't

Andr

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hello there I find an old wii I got a couple years ago( I wasn't the first owner) and now I decided to softmod it to kill some time with games :). I was researching tutorials and reading about softmod but a lot of tutorials are from years back. My wii is currently running system version 3.1e so my main question is can i update system from nintendo and then softmod it?
Also I could use some tips and tricks :)
Thank you in advance

Last edited by Andr,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Use ModMii. You could do an official Nintendo update, but if your wii was originally Korean and someone else region changed it, an official update could lead to a 003 brick. It's safer to just update and softmod at the same time using ModMii (updating via ModMii will protect against 003 bricks)

Andr

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Please help!
I tried modwii followed instructions, formated sd fat and fat32 even downloaded sd card formatter, put everything on sd(2g) and when I go into message boards there is no letter. I searched days before and after but nothing

Last edited by Andr,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You're sure you typed in your Mac address correctly?

You can try letterbomb, it's pretty much the same a wilbrand so if be surprised if you get different results.

If you want you can replace the wilbrand step with str2hax, Google for it.

Edit; I thought you were on 3.1? How are you trying to use wilbrand or letterbomb? That is for 4.3 only. At 3.1 I think you want to use banner bomb v1.

Last edited by XFlak,

razenxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello there,
On the following days i'll go back at my parents house to grab my Wii since i really introduce my Gf to motion controls thing, and she actually loves nintendo stuff :D
Well I can remember that i hacked my Wii back at 2008-9 , and that i fiddled with some ios in 2013 or something for some games i couldn't play.
So my guess is that i'm pretty much outdated right now.
What should i do? check the latest ios and load them up? or with some way restore the wii to its official state and redo the process?
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol