Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did a stupid stupid mistake.

In adrenaline rush from finding a wad of defend your castle, I installed the wad on vwii and a 3 others of the same type.
As far as I remember, installing wads not made for vwii will brick the vwii. So...does this mean Im bricked now? (It should brick instantly when installing right?)
I already tried running those channels and they just give me an error that (if i recall correctly) the game cannot be started.
Should I now delete those channels or just let it be and pray it never randomly bricks?

I installed using YAWMM
Try deleting them. Either way, you risk a brick, so you might as well try.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Channel bricks are generally caused by bad channel icons (the small "TV" view in the grid.) If you can still boot to the system menu then you're fine. Just uninstall the WADs that don't work.
Yes. Although, if it is a bad wad, it could write corrupted data to nand.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try deleting them. Either way, you risk a brick, so you might as well try.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes. Although, if it is a bad wad, it could write corrupted data to nand.

Homebrew with AHB_PROT and ES_IDENTIFY can but titles can't write to NAND except for their own folder. They don't even have access to their own ticket or content folder, only the data folder.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Channel bricks are generally caused by bad channel icons (the small "TV" view in the grid.) If you can still boot to the system menu then you're fine. Just uninstall the WADs that don't work.
Thank god. I'll just delete them.
Em...Im a bit out of loop, whats the best way to delete them, if I may ask? :)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank god. I'll just delete them.
Em...Im a bit out of loop, whats the best way to delete them, if I may ask? :)

If you used a WAD manager you can use it again with the same wad file and completely remove it, otherwise you can just delete it from the system menu settings under Wii Channels. The system menu doesn't delete the tickets, though, I don't think.

That's odd they don't work, though. I thought VC on virtual Wii functioned the same way. Maybe they're bad wads?

niceme.me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I used wii backup menager to install backups on my fat32 32gb pendrive but wiiflow doesnt read it and usbloadergx freezes while loading, what do? I could try wbfs manager again but its fucking annoying.

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used wii backup menager to install backups on my fat32 32gb pendrive but wiiflow doesnt read it and usbloadergx freezes while loading, what do? I could try wbfs manager again but its fucking annoying.
1. Don't use flash drives.
2. What cIOSes did you install? Can you post a Syscheck? If the problem was on your flash drive, it'd still load USBLGX but report an error.

Try ntfs?
Don't use NTFS. Stick to FAT32.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Generally if USB Loader GX doesn't list games it's because either the category is turned off in the loader or the drive is formatted or partitioned improperly.

If it's freezing then the drive itself may be incompatible.

loganfive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Noob question incoming, doh! Uhm, how do I get back to the homebrew channel from a gamecube game via nintendont using a ps3 controller? I can't seem to get the right combo to get out of the game and have to yang the power plug out of the Wii U everytime! I've seen the combo (R+Z+B+Down) but how does that translate onto a ps3 controller?? Cheers!!

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question incoming, doh! Uhm, how do I get back to the homebrew channel from a gamecube game via nintendont using a ps3 controller? I can't seem to get the right combo to get out of the game and have to yang the power plug out of the Wii U everytime! I've seen the combo (R+Z+B+Down) but how does that translate onto a ps3 controller?? Cheers!!

Press the home button.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the Wii can't write to discs. But can a computer? I'd like to take the data from CTGP-R, and inject it onto my MKW disc, so putting the disc in the Wii boots CTGP-R. Is this possible?

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense, but that's hilarious. :P
Technically, you can't use your computer to write anything to a ROM disc.
There might be a way to successfully inject CTGP-R into an .iso of MKWii, but I don't know that any easy ways to do that exist.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense, but that's hilarious. :P
Technically, you can't use your computer to write anything to a ROM disc.
There might be a way to successfully inject CTGP-R into an .iso of MKWii, but I don't know that any easy ways to do that exist.
Oh, I hadn't realized it was a rom disk. Is it possible to trick a Wii into thinking an inserted disk is a legit Wii disk even though it's a r-w disk?

Amida64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking through some old threads and saw the possibility of certain individuals reviving fully bricked wiis without a factory reset?

I am willing to send in my wii/pay someone to unbrick my wii as it has a lot of important childhood files on it.

Is there anybody left still willing and safely capable of doing this?

(Bootmii is the only thing that loads, I backed up my nand/keys, but restoring it didn't seem to work and I am unsure if I even still have them.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk