Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What IOS are you trying to run wad manager on?
Or don't you get it to show up at all?

You should have on your SD: SD:/Apps/Wadmanager/boot.dol (make sure it is BOOT.dol)
And a WAD folder on the SD as well where you place the wads.

@GeekyGuy: Did you update to 4.3 as well? If so, did you re-install the cIOS? If you did not, IOS249 will be a Stub, which is unusable. Either try IOS250, or use the IOS236 installer to install IOS236 and use that. (Same counts for you too btw, SubliminalSegue)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
@GeekyGuy: Did you update to 4.3 as well? If so, did you re-install the cIOS? If you did not, IOS249 will be a Stub, which is unusable. Either try IOS250, or use the IOS236 installer to install IOS236 and use that. (Same counts for you too btw, SubliminalSegue)

Thanks, man. Nah, didn't do that. The install walkthrough on WiiBrew only had me install HBC and BootMii. After that, the tutorial ends.
unsure.gif

Before installing anything, I checked my Wii firmware version, which said 4.3u. So, from here, which should I try to install, and where can I get the right IOS? I've been putting off doing anything further so that I don't accidentally screw something up.

GameFreakDude

More gorgeous than any Hollywood star!
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
May I ask something in here? Wonderful!
(Yes, I just registered here to ask this)
I have been unable to create a WAD of a Wiiware title, despite attempts at using a few methods I have researched:

• BlueDump Alpha 3 will start, but will not accept any input.
• WAD-Creator_v1 hangs on a black screen.
• I have the content.bin and data.bin files from the Wiiware title, and the nand.bin and keys.bin from my Wii using BootMii, although I'm not sure what to do with those in order to create a WAD from content.bin.

Anyone here able to suggest a course of action for me? Greatly appreciated!

(I do not believe in piracy; any WADs that I make using your assistance will be exclusively for my personal use.)

vic_rattlehead

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry for this very basic question (that's why I'm posting in this thread), but how does one update an IOS? I need the following IOSs to get Sonic 4 to work (I've installed the wad and it appears in my system menu, but when I try to access the game it hangs on the black screen).

QUOTE said:
The latest IOS 53 version is v5662.

The latest IOS 55 version is v5662.

The latest IOS 56 version is v5661.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys:

I have a 4.2U with Wanin's Rev 17 and Hermes Rev 5.1 (I think its 5.1 and not 5.0)

I was wondering if I should update to Wanin's Rev 20. I read on Wiiscene News about waiting until Rev 21.

Thanks.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vic_rattlehead said:
Sorry for this very basic question (that's why I'm posting in this thread), but how does one update an IOS? I need the following IOSs to get Sonic 4 to work (I've installed the wad and it appears in my system menu, but when I try to access the game it hangs on the black screen).

QUOTE said:

Use Dop-Mii to update them.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrate02 said:
Hey guys:

I have a 4.2U with Wanin's Rev 17 and Hermes Rev 5.1 (I think its 5.1 and not 5.0)

I was wondering if I should update to Wanin's Rev 20. I read on Wiiscene News about waiting until Rev 21.

Thanks.

I'm on Rev 20 with no probs... I think it broke Triforce and something else for people that use them. If you can wait, then do, if not, then update.

Majroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
GameFreakDude said:
May I ask something in here? Wonderful!
(Yes, I just registered here to ask this)
I have been unable to create a WAD of a Wiiware title, despite attempts at using a few methods I have researched:

• BlueDump Alpha 3 will start, but will not accept any input.
• WAD-Creator_v1 hangs on a black screen.
• I have the content.bin and data.bin files from the Wiiware title, and the nand.bin and keys.bin from my Wii using BootMii, although I'm not sure what to do with those in order to create a WAD from content.bin.

Anyone here able to suggest a course of action for me? Greatly appreciated!

(I do not believe in piracy; any WADs that I make using your assistance will be exclusively for my personal use.)

You have a cIOS installed?

zelgadis

Trophies
XP
Country
Edit

Posts merged

Hello, I softmodded my wii a while back. I have not touched it in a long time though. So I am having it shipped to me and need to update everything on it. I do not know the revs and what isos, etcs. is on it anymore. But i am sure most of it has to be completely updated. What should I do? I remember there is some new tool that updates isos now? It wasnt around when i was following the scene. But will that fix updating cios also?

As well, what about compatibility with hard drives? I am looking into just getting a hard drive and hooking that up to it instead now. But first, the updating of the system is most important
smile.gif
THANK YOU!!!

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zelgadis said:
I do not know the revs and what isos, etcs. is on it anymore. But i am sure most of it has to be completely updated.
http://filetrip.net/g25125163-sysCheck.html
zelgadis said:
I remember there is some new tool that updates isos now?
Follow this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901
Or if you are more brave try this: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader
QUOTE(zelgadis @ Oct 24 2010, 09:40 AM)
As well, what about compatibility with hard drives? I am looking into just getting a hard drive and hooking that up to it instead now. But first, the updating of the system is most important
smile.gif
THANK YOU!!!
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/w/index.php?title=...patibility_List

vic_rattlehead

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
w!! said:
vic_rattlehead said:

QUOTE said:

Use Dop-Mii to update them.

Thanks! I actually discovered Dop-Mii a short while after posting this question, but when I try to update an ios I get an error ("Get -1").

EDIT-> I managed to get the updated IOSs using NUS Downloader and Sonic 4 works fine now.

I'd still like to be able to use Dop-Mii to update my IOS from the Wii console, but for some reason I can't get it to work.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit- im using system version 3.4.
Im totally lost on some IOS business and theres a few things that dont work that i want to work.
like WII MC doesnt read my USB. Sonic 4 just loads the back to the Wii Menu.
Some other little things..

"DOP-Mii Report"
"Region", North America (U)
"Hollywood Version", 0x11
"Wii Unique DeviceID", 68234595

IOS Version, FakeSign, ES_Identify, NAND, Flash
"254 (v3608)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"250 (v65535)",Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled
"249 (v20)",Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled
"236 (v65535)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"223 (v4)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"222 (v4)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"202 (v65535)",Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled
"57 (v5919)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"56 (v5661)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"55 (v5663)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"53 (v5663)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"51 (v4633)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"50 (v4889)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"38 (v3609)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"37 (v3609)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"36 (v65535)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"35 (v3088)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"34 (v3087)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"33 (v2832)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"31 (v3088)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"30 (v54321)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"28 (v1292)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"22 (v777)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"21 (v522)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"17 (v517)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"16 (v257)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled
"15 (v266)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"14 (v262)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"13 (v15)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"12 (v11)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"9 (v520)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled

Im not sure what Ive done to my IOS's.. Does this tell you anything about it? Hopefully you can tell me what to do to get everything working in tip top shape. Some problems ive been experiencing (that may or may not be related) Are that WIIMC doesnt recognize my Harddrive, and freezes when i exit it. Another Problem which may not be related is that When i add applications to my SD card, a lot of them do not show up in the homebrew Main Apps display page.. like for instance Wad MAnager 1.7- yet i can access it via DOP MII or Multi Mod Manager. Does anybody have any ideas as to what i need to do to fix this?

Along with fixing my IOS's, i was considering maybe updating the system menu? And does that update all my IOS's and stuff? Please help my confused self before i brick my wii.

Thank you so very much.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
*generic sh1te*
Im not sure what Ive done to my IOS's.. Does this tell you anything about it? Hopefully you can tell me what to do to get everything working in tip top shape. Some problems ive been experiencing (that may or may not be related) Are that WIIMC doesnt recognize my Harddrive, and freezes when i exit it. Another Problem which may not be related is that When i add applications to my SD card, a lot of them do not show up in the homebrew Main Apps display page.. like for instance Wad MAnager 1.7- yet i can access it via DOP MII or Multi Mod Manager. Does anybody have any ideas as to what i need to do to fix this?

Along with fixing my IOS's, i was considering maybe updating the system menu? And does that update all my IOS's and stuff? Please help my confused self before i brick my wii.

Thank you so very much.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using system version 3.4, and my harddrive is as follows... 250 gigs of unallocated space, then a 500 gig NTFS partition, and a 150 gig FAT32 partition (mostly for games)

and i have this OTHER problem too, which is that the unallocated partition (the first one) is really Buggy. And I cant ever transfer files onto it (after its converted to NTFS or FAT32) over like a gigabyte or two maybe less.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys:

I was wondering - I have a softmodded Wii currently on 4.2u with Wanin's Rev 17 and Hermes Rev 5.1.

I never installed Priiloader and was wondering - is it safe to do so now, since the Wii is already modded and on 4.2?

Thanks.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrate02 said:
Hey guys:

I was wondering - I have a softmodded Wii currently on 4.2u with Wanin's Rev 17 and Hermes Rev 5.1.

I never installed Priiloader and was wondering - is it safe to do so now, since the Wii is already modded and on 4.2?

Thanks.

not only safe...it's recommended...especially if you can't install bootmii@boot2....

without priiloader or bootmii@boot2, you have no protection in the event of a system menu brick...

and with priiloader, you can enable the system menu hacks which give you even more features....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game