Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
pangasinan said:
kedest said:
pangasinan said:
Hello is a decrypted game the same as a scrubbed game ?? on this Wii Backup Compatibility List it says either 1.1 or decrypted ,so i was wondering is a decrypted game the same as a scrubbed game ?? ...thanks

Scrubbed means that the so-called garbage data has been removed and replaced by something easier to compress. The full ISO will still be the same size, but if you zip/rar it, it will be smaller compared to a nonscrubbed zipped iso.
decrypted was for the first version of the loader. it needed games to be in decrypted form.
But the Wii Backup Compatibility List is saying that the games need to be decrypted to work with Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma which is the latest version of the loader,or am i reading it wrong??...thanks

That just means they tested a decrypted disc and posted the result. But it doesn't have to be decrypted, that was really only for the first version of the loader.

sideshowkrevis83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
sideshowkrevis83 said:
Will Starfall prevent any and all disk updates, including updates on disks that may be released in the future?

I just don't want to brick my wii, I assume once you have starfall installed the only way you can brick you wii is with a bad wad. I assume any future games that require system updates simply won't work with gamma and starfall installed, however starfall will at the least prevent the update from bricking your wii.

It will block all disc updates. If a game needs a certain IOS, you can just install that manually.

And By installing IOS manually you mean installing things like cIOS rev7,8,9 etc...?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sideshowkrevis83 said:
kedest said:
sideshowkrevis83 said:
Will Starfall prevent any and all disk updates, including updates on disks that may be released in the future?

I just don't want to brick my wii, I assume once you have starfall installed the only way you can brick you wii is with a bad wad. I assume any future games that require system updates simply won't work with gamma and starfall installed, however starfall will at the least prevent the update from bricking your wii.

It will block all disc updates. If a game needs a certain IOS, you can just install that manually.

And By installing IOS manually you mean installing things like cIOS rev7,8,9 etc...?
no
every game needs its own IOS
you have to find the IOS (in wad form) and install it with the wad manager

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
sideshowkrevis83 said:
kedest said:
sideshowkrevis83 said:

That's the Custom IOS used for homebrew. It's installed as ios249 in the system and the rev. is the version number.
There are also 'real' IOS files. Real retail games use these. A game wants to run from a specific IOS. They have numbers like 9, 38, 53, 55 for example. If the IOS is not on the system, it must be installed. Normally the disc update would do that. But you can also do that manually. That way you will avoid the rest of the update (such as an entire new system menu version for example).

sideshowkrevis83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
sideshowkrevis83 said:
kedest said:
sideshowkrevis83 said:

That's the Custom IOS used for homebrew. It's installed as ios249 in the system and the rev. is the version number.
There are also 'real' IOS files. Real retail games use these. A game wants to run from a specific IOS. They have numbers like 9, 38, 53, 55 for example. If the IOS is not on the system, it must be installed. Normally the disc update would do that. But you can also do that manually. That way you will avoid the rest of the update (such as an entire new system menu version for example).

OK got ya, is there any reliable resource to find out which games need which, also where do you find these IOS's Wanininko's (wrong spelling) site?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
sideshowkrevis83 said:
kedest said:
sideshowkrevis83 said:
kedest said:
sideshowkrevis83 said:

OK got ya, is there any reliable resource to find out which games need which, also where do you find these IOS's Wanininko's (wrong spelling) site?

I don't think there's an actual list somewhere. If your system is up to date, most IOS files are already installed and most games will run. The IOS numbers 38, 53 and 55 are more recent, so you may have to install them for the newest games.
There's no legal place for downloading normal IOS files, because they are copyrighted. So waninkoko's site only contains the installer for his own custom ios. But if a game needs a certain IOS, it will be on the disc itself. So you can extract this and then install it yourself using wad manager.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well.. I'm trying to help a friend to install HBC on his Wii. However, he has all the files he needs etc. but when he walks backwards or talks to man in Zelda, he gets '' exception 0300 occured '' after some lines.

What's up with that ? Then, I also thought, that he could run HBC with BannerBomb, but what I don't understand is where the hell do I get WADManager from ? I can't find it from anywhere x_X.

Also does he need any other files ? He only wants the Backup Launcher to work. We got the Backup launcher and cIOS files on the apps folder, is there anything else ? ( But we still need wadmanager.. )

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Distrance said:
Well.. I'm trying to help a friend to install HBC on his Wii. However, he has all the files he needs etc. but when he walks backwards or talks to man in Zelda, he gets '' exception 0300 occured '' after some lines.

What's up with that ? Then, I also thought, that he could run HBC with BannerBomb, but what I don't understand is where the hell do I get WADManager from ? I can't find it from anywhere x_X.

Also does he need any other files ? He only wants the Backup Launcher to work. We got the Backup launcher and cIOS files on the apps folder, is there anything else ? ( But we still need wadmanager.. )

Make sure you use the right version of the twilight hack. There's a special version for 3.4
And the formatting of the card could also be the problem. it may crash if it's fat32

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some days ago I asked about free region Disk Channel on 4.0E, but got no answer. The thing is, I'm using Preloader 2.9 + Cioscorp on a PAL 4.0Wii, but the Disc Channel fails to show NTSC games. According to the guides I've followed, it SHOULD be able to launch NTSC games. Can someone help me with this?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well. Im helping him over internet so I dont know how formatting works. He even used the official formatting tool but it had alot options we had no idea about. And we still don't know how to format to FAT16. I think he just said it only has option to format to FAT.

Regardless, we tried to use Bannerbomb with the boot.dol on the root, and the private folder of Bannerbomb on it's appropriate place. However, when he goes to the DS tab from Channel page, usually nothing happens. Just now he got the '' Load boot.dol ? '', but when he pushed yes.. NOTHING happened. It didn't even freeze.

And yes, he has the right version of Twilight hack, for 3.4E. I dont understand what we're missing here.

And also.. Is it possible to install HBC through Bannerbomb by loading HBC with the hack ( if we could ), then loading WADManager and installing HBC from a .wad file ?

Edit : He tried again, pushed yes to boot, got black screen but nothing happens.. x_X

mjmaskrey

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone advise on what Usb Loader would be best for me to use please?

I have firmware 4.0e and used this process http://www.yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php...&p=327#p327 to add HBC.

Which Loader wouldbe compatible and what do I need to install that I haven't doen already using the procedure listed on the above link?

Ta
smile.gif

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
mjmaskrey said:
Can anyone advise on what Usb Loader would be best for me to use please?

I have firmware 4.0e and used this process http://www.yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php...&p=327#p327 to add HBC.

Which Loader wouldbe compatible and what do I need to install that I haven't doen already using the procedure listed on the above link?

Ta
smile.gif
1:Install the latest cIOS(Rev 10).
2: Pick one from here.

RanmaFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure this has been asked countless times, but is there any way to get rid of the graphical glitching in the videos for Wario Land: Shake it?
I'm use the Backup Loader 0.3 Gamma, and burning the game to a Maxwell DVD+R.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Could someone tell me what's wrong ? My friend keeps getting '' dvd read error 324 ''.

He installed HBC through Twilight Hack. We also downloaded some zip that had for apps folder '' cIOS_Installer '' and Backup Launcher. The Backup launcher got installed but I dont know if the cIOS did. I mean.. From somewhere I read cIOS installer needs internet so I'm quite confused.

Also I don't understand about this when people talk about some IOS239 etc. files. Does he need one of those ? He can't get internet on his Wii just btw so... How to install proper cIOS file and IOS if needed ?.. Well more like.. how to get one O.o.

He tried both, DVD-R and +R. The brand was Verbatim, but it doesn't work. IMGBurn doesn't work on his computer because it doesn't recognize his DVD-burner, so he had to use some other program. Still, it shouldn't matter what program burns it..

Halp :

chiroaus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
While installing bootmii on my wii I also upgraded the HBC to 1.02. I then realized it doesn't support SDHC so I uninstalled the HBC thinking it might go back to HBC 1.01! I was wrong and now I have no HBC. My Wii is pal 4.0 chipped. I tried the twilight hack but it wouldn't copy the save to my system. Is there another way to get HBC on again?

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.0U, have preloader, and the skip update check on, and have installed cioscorp. I still can't get backups to read through the disc channel. Any reason why?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SWORD21 said:
I'm on 4.0U, have preloader, and the skip update check on, and have installed cioscorp. I still can't get backups to read through the disc channel. Any reason why?

Go into preloader settings and change it to run off of iso249.Disc channel loading should work then.

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DeadlyFoez said:
I feel dumb for asking this and I've been watching this scene since the first video from TT and I'm up to par with everything so far...except one thing

What is CIOSCORP?? I might (most likely) already have it installed but I think I might know it as another name.

Can someone please tell me what it is and what exactly is does.

I already have HBC, usb loaders, Cios rev 10 and plenty of other goodies besides preloader (I'm afraid to try it since I got a newer wii(not an lu64))

My specs are, 3.2u

Can someone please clue me in a little bc I feel like a moron for not knowing what cIOSCORP is. Thank you much.

I know I could search forever and not get a definitive answer. (only bc cioscorp shows up millions of time and no threads ever explain it, only someones asking if something is compatible with it.)

Could someone provide a link if I dont have it.

cioscorp is a collection of cios's, and allows you to boot backups through your disc channel, without a modchip, and is included in softmii, and the 3.2 version is also aviable via autoresponder on cioscorp at gmail dot com

and now it is time for me to ask a question, what are the password and login for bliight linux?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER