Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Rinone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Total noooooob here.

I have the Backup Loader channel, and i also have starfall installed. What do i need to run backups ? I've heard something about Gamma, is this the same as the Backup Loader? Do i need to install something additional ?

Thanks in advance.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
donchen said:
2 Questions

1) I am on 3.2U firmware with D2CKey. Can i installed *ANY* USB LOADERS out there now?

2) I am not sure what cIOS i have. But i know most of the USB LOADERS need cIOS rev9. I did installed Wiigator Gamma loader 0.3 so i know i have installed some cIOS before but i do not know what version. So the question is do i need to delete previous before installing the new one?

Thanks

You should be able to successfully run all of the usbloaders. A new cios will overwrite the old one.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Warm Woolly Sheep said:
My launch day Wii (with Wiikey) was destroyed by an angry girlfriend.

If I buy a brand new Wii, is there anything I can do with it? Modchip, softmod, anything?

I miss my Wiikey and 3.2
frown.gif

the new flatcable chips should work for sure, don't know about the drivechip ones. the new wii may have that epoxy on the chips.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
pangasinan said:
Hello is a decrypted game the same as a scrubbed game ?? on this Wii Backup Compatibility List it says either 1.1 or decrypted ,so i was wondering is a decrypted game the same as a scrubbed game ?? ...thanks

Scrubbed means that the so-called garbage data has been removed and replaced by something easier to compress. The full ISO will still be the same size, but if you zip/rar it, it will be smaller compared to a nonscrubbed zipped iso.
decrypted was for the first version of the loader. it needed games to be in decrypted form.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
exar khun said:
i really want to try the wiiware World of Goo, so how do I play it on my modded Wii (wiikey 1) with 3.2U firmware?

You either buy it or download it as a WAD. Then install it as any normal WAD, through WAD Manager.

PS: Kedest, try to answer everything in just one post next time.

sideshowkrevis83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will Starfall prevent any and all disk updates, including updates on disks that may be released in the future?

I just don't want to brick my wii, I assume once you have starfall installed the only way you can brick you wii is with a bad wad. I assume any future games that require system updates simply won't work with gamma and starfall installed, however starfall will at the least prevent the update from bricking your wii.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to Wii hacking and have recently purchased a Flatmii. I was wondering what things I should install if I mainly wanted to play backups. I have no interest in installing Homebrew games or emulators. My Wii is running 4.0 without preloader or anything. After installing the Flatmii is there anything else I really should install?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sideshowkrevis83 said:
Will Starfall prevent any and all disk updates, including updates on disks that may be released in the future?

I just don't want to brick my wii, I assume once you have starfall installed the only way you can brick you wii is with a bad wad. I assume any future games that require system updates simply won't work with gamma and starfall installed, however starfall will at the least prevent the update from bricking your wii.
If you run games through the BL, updates will be skipped.
If you run through disc channel however, updates will launch if you don't have starfall. Thats why you need it
Future games wiil work through BL, and through Disc channel if the correct IOS is installed.
The are some more ways to brick your wii, like by deleting ( c)IOS

A good (even better) alternative for starfall is preloader, but if you only need simple hacks (like block updates), your fine with starfall
note: both starfall and preloader only work on 3.2 (preloader also on 4.0)

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
sideshowkrevis83 said:

It will block all disc updates. If a game needs a certain IOS, you can just install that manually.

QUOTE(Pimpmynintendo @ May 13 2009, 10:26 PM) I am new to Wii hacking and have recently purchased a Flatmii. I was wondering what things I should install if I mainly wanted to play backups. I have no interest in installing Homebrew games or emulators. My Wii is running 4.0 without preloader or anything. After installing the Flatmii is there anything else I really should install?

The Wii part of Flatmii is just the hardware, there's no software to install.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
Pimpmynintendo said:
I am new to Wii hacking and have recently purchased a Flatmii. I was wondering what things I should install if I mainly wanted to play backups. I have no interest in installing Homebrew games or emulators. My Wii is running 4.0 without preloader or anything. After installing the Flatmii is there anything else I really should install?

Ah ok so theres no chance of bricking or anything so I don't need to install any programs that help with that.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me with adventure island wiiware PAL wad i can't get it to work on my wii... it's nstc 3.2

i keep getting a black screen when it's patched region free... and i also put the IOS35 one it too... but when i did i got the #002 so i patched that... and still black screen please help me!!! asap...

and i used wwpacker

for more info read my topic about adventure island...

pangasinan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
pangasinan said:
Hello is a decrypted game the same as a scrubbed game ?? on this Wii Backup Compatibility List it says either 1.1 or decrypted ,so i was wondering is a decrypted game the same as a scrubbed game ?? ...thanks

Scrubbed means that the so-called garbage data has been removed and replaced by something easier to compress. The full ISO will still be the same size, but if you zip/rar it, it will be smaller compared to a nonscrubbed zipped iso.
decrypted was for the first version of the loader. it needed games to be in decrypted form.
But the Wii Backup Compatibility List is saying that the games need to be decrypted to work with Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma which is the latest version of the loader,or am i reading it wrong??...thanks

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pimpmynintendo said:
kedest said:
Pimpmynintendo said:

Ah ok so theres no chance of bricking or anything so I don't need to install any programs that help with that.

If you don't plan on running any homebrew and just stick to playing backup games via your flatmii, there's no big chance of bricking. But I don't know how flatmii handles updates in isos. If it just skips them, it's ok. If it doesn't, make sure you only install updates from your own region.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
pangasinan said:
kedest said:
pangasinan said:

But the Wii Backup Compatibility List is saying that the games need to be decrypted to work with Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma which is the latest version of the loader,or am i reading it wrong??...thanks
I can"t access the wiki (stupid DNS errors), but games do not need to be decrypted when there is 'YES' in the '1:1' row

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper