Hacking Nintendont

Yan3

The guy nobody knows
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rename it to boot.dol and replace it on SD.
Yeah I know for the renaming thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Another problem. Now I can boot up to the menu and launch a game thanks but the game is in black and white, do you think it is my tv ?

I am trying to play a pal game on an ntsc wii

rydamusprime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's a shame :/
Could there be a workaround for this?
Like, let's say I partition my drive into 50GB FAT32 for all Nintendont isos, and then the rest NTFS for everything else, like Wii isos?
Would that work? I think Wiiflow does support NTFS, it's only Nintendont atm that I'm thinking what to do.

All I know is I'm pretty sure my drive is FAT32 and I use Wii Backup Manager for my Wii ISO's and load them on the drive and use USB Loader GX instead of Wiiflow and it works every time... and I use Nintendont for GC games flawlessly too. Everything is the latest version including the latest d2x cios... I was having all sorts of issues until I set it up this way and made sure I was using the right usb slot on my wii. Still not getting it to play burned discs of any kind at any better than a 10% success ratio... I think my disc drive is dieing :P

Yan3

The guy nobody knows
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because I also use the HDD to store other media, and when wanted to backup my movies, I hit the 4GB limit sadly.
If it is that important compress the file with winrar (select ultra compressed option if the file is big) transfer it and the uncompress it on the hdd maybe it will work

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah I know for the renaming thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Another problem. Now I can boot up to the menu and launch a game thanks but the game is in black and white, do you think it is my tv ?

I am trying to play a pal game on an ntsc wii
obviously your tv doesnt like pal signals you can try forcing videomode to ntsc on the settings, but not all pal games will work forced, some might crash some might work, its basically a matter of trying.

Slegiar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. I'm trying to set up wario world as a VC inject, but found out about the need for the widescreen gecko code in order to hide the environment trimming made visible by the widescreen mode in nintendont. 2 things i need to find out. Where specifically do cheat code GCT files go? the OP post says /codes/gameid.gct, but is this located in the root of the SD card, or does this folder go somewhere else within the SD card? second, is the gct file able to be used with an injected game that is launched from the Wii U menu directly into nintendont with gamepad support? that would be the ideal situation, but i do need the widescreen issue taken care of.

so can anyone answer these two questions? many thanks for any help ^vvvv^

EDIT: actually, one more question. do i need to set anything up on the SD card or in the nintendon't settings so that i can use the gamecube adapter and controller with specific games that need the sensitive shoulder buttons?

Last edited by Slegiar,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
finally went really deep into mario party 4 today, took me the whole day but I think I finally fixed up its weird issues. probably will write a blog entry about the madness my journey of finding its issue, if you didnt know I recently started writing about stuff here on gbatemp if you're interested in various technical talk. also this commit changes various other things so I hope I didnt break anything too major, let me know how it goes.
-updated and compiled with the latest devkitppc r32, libogc 1.8.20 and devkitarm r49-1
-fixed potential issue in arstartdma (issue #595)
-properly fixed mario party 4 crash (issue #437)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
finally went really deep into mario party 4 today, took me the whole day but I think I finally fixed up its weird issues. probably will write a blog entry about the madness my journey of finding its issue, if you didnt know I recently started writing about stuff here on gbatemp if you're interested in various technical talk. also this commit changes various other things so I hope I didnt break anything too major, let me know how it goes.
-updated and compiled with the latest devkitppc r32, libogc 1.8.20 and devkitarm r49-1
-fixed potential issue in arstartdma (issue #595)
-properly fixed mario party 4 crash (issue #437)
so what was wrong with mario party error? was it arstartdma error too?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Yan3

The guy nobody knows
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
obviously your tv doesnt like pal signals you can try forcing videomode to ntsc on the settings, but not all pal games will work forced, some might crash some might work, its basically a matter of trying.
I will try to get a box that converts pal signals to ntsc signals and check the result

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When i was playing paper Mario for GameCube (stored in my sd card) Nintendont told me that the memory card was corrupted , why ?
I didn't touched anything besides playing the game , i still have my saves though

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When i was playing paper Mario for GameCube (stored in my sd card) Nintendont told me that the memory card was corrupted , why ?
I didn't touched anything besides playing the game , i still have my saves though
maybe you had some forced settings that interfered with sd card reading at that time.

Reactions: Yan3

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would err on the side of caution and test for both file system errors and physical errors.

Check for file system errors from the command prompt:
chkdsk x: /f
(where x is the drive letter)

Check for physical errors:
Back up the SD card, format it and test with h2testw.
If there are any errors at all then it's bad.

Reactions: THYPLEX and Yan3

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would err on the side of caution and test for both file system errors and physical errors.

Check for file system errors from the command prompt:
chkdsk x: /f
(where x is the drive letter)

Check for physical errors:
Back up the SD card, format it and test with h2testw.
If there are any errors at all then it's bad.
I would "err"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1