Hacking Nintendont

Parat0xic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S̶o̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶n̶i̶n̶t̶e̶n̶d̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶S̶D̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶d̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶D̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶d̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶.̶ ̶ ̶B̶o̶o̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶.̶ ̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶H̶a̶r̶d̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶.̶

̶I̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶m̶a̶t̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶1̶t̶b̶ ̶F̶a̶t̶3̶2̶ ̶P̶a̶r̶t̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶m̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶.̶ ̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶u̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶/̶g̶a̶m̶e̶s̶/̶G̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶N̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶[̶I̶D̶]̶/̶g̶a̶m̶e̶.̶i̶s̶o̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶U̶S̶B̶ ̶L̶o̶a̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶G̶X̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶N̶i̶n̶t̶e̶n̶d̶o̶n̶t̶.̶ ̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶U̶S̶B̶ ̶L̶o̶a̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶G̶X̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶N̶i̶n̶t̶e̶n̶d̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶U̶S̶B̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶.̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶u̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶d̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶n̶g̶.̶

EDIT: I didn't have the drive as MBR. Trying that now. Will update after.

Update: AWWW YEAH! Working perfect now.

Last edited by Parat0xic,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a flash drive or an external hard drive?
Hard Drive

Foud the problem:

Widescreen issues: Characters models and items off balance from the backgrounds. Game backgrounds are 4:3 prerendered images. 480p issues: Forcing 480p causes the CGI cutscenes to not show and stretches the screen in a way that only the top half of the playing field is visible.

Dont force it to 480p and you'll be fine.

Last edited by huma_dawii, , Reason: Solved Issue
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a question regarding hard drives, I'm thinking to upgrade to a 2TB WD Hard Drive since mine is almost full, would that cause any problems? Thanks!

CactusCake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help? I had a 100% save file on my real GameCube so I downloaded a 100% file for Nintendont. I know the file works, but when I renamed the save file to the game id (GSNP)it doesn't work when I load the game up.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can anyone help? I had a 100% save file on my real GameCube so I downloaded a 100% file for Nintendont. I know the file works, but when I renamed the save file to the game id (GSNP)it doesn't work when I load the game up.
needs to be a raw file, if its a gci you need to inject it on a raw file.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've hit the home button in the same place twice now...
I did that. I don't like how close together those three buttons are, anyway. So I took the controller apart, cut down the Home button and recessed the housing around it. So now I don't accidentally hit it while still being easy to deliberately press.

It was a quick and easy fix.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
needs to be a raw file, if its a gci you need to inject it on a raw file.
Can you use gci files with a real GameCube?

You can try it with this https://gbatemp.net/threads/savegame-manager-gx.210111/page-75#post-5888832

CactusCake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the responses. It is a .raw file and it is in the saves folder. I double checked that I got the game ID correct and it is.

Edit: I turned it from gci to raw with Dolphin and it seems to have been done correctly seeing as when I pull the .raw file up in the card manager it says it has 180 emblems etc.

If it helps the game is Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

Last edited by CactusCake,

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the PAL disc or NTSC? GSNP is PAL.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've got a question that I've read conflicting things on, so I'll ask it again if things have changed: Can the bongo controllers and GBA to GCN controllers work on the Wii U through the GCN controller adapter for the system?

I've read that some but not all Kongo controller games will work, but some won't as they need to run native which as I understand it won't work on a Wii U, is this true? If so, of these titles on the Wii U, which would I be able to use the bongo controllers on? Donkey Konga (US), 2 (US), 3 (JPN), and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (US)?

In terms of the GBA to GC link cable on the Wii U, my understanding is that it could in theory it would work if there was some significant code change than what it had nearly a year ago, otherwise, it's the same situation as requiring to be run native. As such, I'm curious has any such coding change been made since this was first addressed about a year or so ago? I really would love to play 4 swords adventures with my buddies on my Wii U. GBA link capable functionality is just about the only feature that my old Wii has that my Wii U doesn't and as such is just about the only reason I still keep my Wii when my Wii U can do everything else my Wii does plus of course so much more.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok, I've got a question that I've read conflicting things on, so I'll ask it again if things have changed: Can the bongo controllers and GBA to GCN controllers work on the Wii U through the GCN controller adapter for the system?

I've read that some but not all Kongo controller games will work, but some won't as they need to run native which as I understand it won't work on a Wii U, is this true? If so, of these titles on the Wii U, which would I be able to use the bongo controllers on? Donkey Konga (US), 2 (US), 3 (JPN), and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (US)?

In terms of the GBA to GC link cable on the Wii U, my understanding is that it could in theory it would work if there was some significant code change than what it had nearly a year ago, otherwise, it's the same situation as requiring to be run native. As such, I'm curious has any such coding change been made since this was first addressed about a year or so ago? I really would love to play 4 swords adventures with my buddies on my Wii U. GBA link capable functionality is just about the only feature that my old Wii has that my Wii U doesn't and as such is just about the only reason I still keep my Wii when my Wii U can do everything else my Wii does plus of course so much more.
everyone that had the bongos said they worked fine trouhgh the wiiu adapter there were just some tweaks to make them more accurate.

GBA trough wiiu gc adapter will never work, its not possible, crediar himself tested and the adapter reads no signal trough the gba link cable so you would need to had chips and change the hardware of the adapter to actualy support those signals, the adapter is simply coded to read gc controller signals and turn them into hid and the bongos actualy send controller signals the gba adapter no.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1