Hacking Nintendont

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see any for slot loaders anywhere. Apple filed a patent for one years back but they never produced it. I wouldn't use anything like that with protruding tabs in a slot load drive. It seems like a hardware disaster waiting to happen. :P

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

CactusCake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a button combo that will take me back to the Nintendont menu/select game screen instead of closing it and taking me to the homebrew channel?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a button combo that will take me back to the Nintendont menu/select game screen instead of closing it and taking me to the homebrew channel?

No. The loader portion of Nintendont is gone once the kernel is started. It was intended to be used with other USB loaders like WiiFlow, USB Loader GX, etc.

hreloaded

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello,

Can anyone tell me if this adaptor for playstation 2 gamepads works with nintendont?

PS2_TO_USB_adapter20094131438014.jpg

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Is there any difference between using a SD instead a USB HDD? Can I load Wii Backups from SD card with CFG USB Loader? I'm planning on going to buy a 256GB SD Card to put my Wii/Games

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Is there any difference between using a SD instead a USB HDD? Can I load Wii Backups from SD card with CFG USB Loader? I'm planning on going to buy a 256GB SD Card to put my Wii/Games
You'll have slower read speeds, but otherwise it should work. I'm not sure if the Wii's SD reader has a hard limit on how large the SD card can be. Either way, it needs to be formatted to a single FAT32 partition.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll have slower read speeds, but otherwise it should work. I'm not sure if the Wii's SD reader has a hard limit on how large the SD card can be. Either way, it needs to be formatted to a single FAT32 partition.

From what I remember the update that enables SDHC is maxed at 32GB but games built before it like Brawl still won't recognize >2GB SD.

Ah, there's a support article that answers it: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2516/~/what-sd-cards-are-compatible

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I remember the update that enables SDHC is maxed at 32GB but games built before it like Brawl still won't recognize >2GB SD.

Ah, there's a support article that answers it: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2516/~/what-sd-cards-are-compatible
That's not entirely true. They say it can only handle a max of 32GB (SDHC) because the Wii only supports FAT16 and FAT32. SDXC's standard format is exFAT, which the Wii isn't compatible with, but you can use some tools to format SDXCs to FAT32. Even the 3DS only officially supports SDHC, but it can use SDXCs if you format them to FAT32.

Reactions: boomerang42

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can that be slower? SD are faster as far as I know....

I'm not sure why it's slower on the Wii than USB. If I had to guess I'd say maybe the SD transfers don't use DMA or maybe it's related to the way I/O is handled in general.
I seem to remember reading something about not being able to do homebrew remote debugging via network because of the Starlet being "in the way."

Pastafari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I'm having a problem here.
I've been using rev 3.333 to play Fire Emblem - PoR (Ntsc), and everything seems to be fine, I've been playing trhough chapter 1 to 27 without a problem, but then at the end of chapter 27 when Ike is about to enter to confront the dark knight alone, the game freezes into a black screen.
I'm wondering If anyone had the same problem or if this doesn't happen on some other version.
Any help would be greatly apreciated.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, I'm having a problem here.
I've been using rev 3.333 to play Fire Emblem - PoR (Ntsc), and everything seems to be fine, I've been playing trhough chapter 1 to 27 without a problem, but then at the end of chapter 27 when Ike is about to enter to confront the dark knight alone, the game freezes into a black screen.
I'm wondering If anyone had the same problem or if this doesn't happen on some other version.
Any help would be greatly apreciated.
any reason why you arent using the latest version? 383?

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've been using a 256GB SDXC card, 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive & 6TB WD USB 3.0 HDD for a while now and haven't had any issues. You shouldn't have any problems, I'm using:

_PNY Elite Performance 256GB High Speed SDXC Class 10 UHS-I - P-SDX256U1H-GE
_PNY Turbo 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - P-FD256TBOP-GE
_WD 6TB My Book Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBFJK0060HBK-NESN

Last edited by ca032769,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo