Hacking Nintendont

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank U. I have read the page and realized that when upgrading from 229 to 230-265, ios55 replaced by ios58. Can be a problem in my IOS58?
. I dont know how you get to this, but's not what I though it is. Well, if youre using usbloaderGX(rev1233) and nintendont last rev last rev with last nintedont , if a ios is wrongly loaded, nintendont change to ios58 automaticaly, from what I learn (I just dont know why). The nintendont should launch.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
That's not true.

Then why does my TV say that the video resolution isn't supported when forcing 480p / 576p on gamecube games but the system menu and Wii games displays 480p fine and reports as 720x480 / 60p.

That or something is wrong in nintendont's frequencies.

720x480p 60Hz, H 31.469 Khz, V 59.940 Khz, Clock 27.000 Mhz
720x576p 50Hz, H 31.250 Khz, V 50.000 Khz, Clock 27.000 Mhz

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Then why does my TV say that the video resolution isn't supported when forcing 480p / 576p on gamecube games but the system menu and Wii games displays 480p fine and reports as 720x480 / 60p.

That or something is wrong in nintendont's frequencies.

720x480p 60Hz, H 31.469 Khz, V 59.940 Khz, Clock 27.000 Mhz
720x576p 50Hz, H 31.250 Khz, V 50.000 Khz, Clock 27.000 Mhz
The TV stretches it to 720x480. Even the videos in games have "widescreen" versions that are squashed.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
How is it stretching a resolution to 720x480 when it can't output 640x480? this the resolution wiimc reports for videos and why can't it stretch in gc-mode also?
I suspect the Wii is doing the stretching before hand and scaling it to 720x480 for the widescreen setting then you select 4:3 it just scales it to 640x480 pillarbox within a 720x480 window still sending the signal as 720x480, component can't tell difference between 4:3 and 16:9 so you have to manually set it as 4:3 to get the pillarbox.

Sonic Away

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi folks, it's my first time here.

I'm used to using Dios Mios to play my GCN backups but today I decided to try on Nintendont. I followed the steps presented in the OP to get it up and running.

Everything seemed fine as I started testing it by playing Fifa Street 2 and it ran and played perfectly. I use a white GameStop GCN Controller bought back in 2010.

But something started to feel odd when I booted Wind Waker and the controller didn't work. As I kept booting the other games, I realized that except for Fifa Street 2, NONE of the games recognize the controller. And that expands for when playing through Dios Mios AND THROUGH ORIGINAL DISCS!!

So I'm really disapointed now, as something is really wrong and I can't play anything... Has anyone got any error like this before?

Edit: oh, and I forgot to mention that at some point, the reset and shut down combinations stopped working... At first they worked even on the games that did not recognize the controller.

Well, after a different test, things seem worse than I thought: now the GCN controller doesn't work even with the Wii games... Does anyone have any clue on this matter?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, after a different test, things seem worse than I thought: now the GCN controller doesn't work even with the Wii games... Does anyone have any clue on this matter?
first you didnt enabled native controlls on nintendont options did you?
Second if the controller doesnt even work on your wii games then im preety sure your gc controller died try unplugging and blowing on the gc door and the cable of the controller.

Sonic Away

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
first you didnt enabled native controlls on nintendont options did you?
Second if the controller doesnt even work on your wii games then im preety sure your gc controller died try unplugging and blowing on the gc door and the cable of the controller.

Firstly, thanks for your answer.

I didn't enable native controls, but it still works with Fifa Street 2, be it through Nintendont or Dios Mios.

And, even though it's now not working with the Wii games, IT STILL WORKS WITH FIFA STREET 2... It's the ONLY game that recognizes it and this blows my mind. :blink:

Besides that, the controller works on Nintendont's menu.

I got two of the same controllers, and already tested both of them: same results... :(

EDIT: DAMN, you can all kill me and forget I said anything: just realized that someone here must have changed the port the controller was plugged in.

Instead of port 1, it was plugged on port 4, and I didn't even notice it when changed between my two controllers... Somehow Fifa Street 2 works even if there's only one controller plugged on port 4.

And that's it. If mods feel like erasing both my posts on this topic, please do.

Reonu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi there. Are any chances that you include the name game in the memory card files? For example, the .raw file for Twilight Princess being something like "Zelda Twilight Princess [GZ2P].raw" instead of just GZ2P.raw

Maybe at least being able to rename it ourselves and still have it working in Nintendont?

Thanks for reading :)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there. Are any chances that you include the name game in the memory card files? For example, the .raw file for Twilight Princess being something like "Zelda Twilight Princess [GZ2P].raw" instead of just GZ2P.raw

Maybe at least being able to rename it ourselves and still have it working in Nintendont?

Thanks for reading :)
No.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

ivarge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
. I dont know how you get to this, but's not what I though it is. Well, if youre using usbloaderGX(rev1233) and nintendont last rev last rev with last nintedont , if a ios is wrongly loaded, nintendont change to ios58 automaticaly, from what I learn (I just dont know why). The nintendont should launch.

Until r229 nintendont used ios55.
since r230-265 used ios58.learned from the log nintendont.
Ios updated using PimpMyWii.
Set r229, play and wait for it to fix the problem r267 = -)

TheCarlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty much, but of course you need to change the memory card settings for these games to "multi".

i tried it with ATV Quad Power Racing 2, i have a Profile Completed at 100% (i think), i tried it loading it it with the ninmem.raw thing i got from GCMM, and nothing, it did not load the save, is there a way i can split up the big raw file so it can use each games save?, or is there a way i can use the game's gci save in Nintendon't as is?, or do i have to transform it to .raw?

heyf00L

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, is this the best place to report suspected bugs?

I'm having the same problem with the Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro. The analog sticks occasionally get stuck registering the previous input. After I let go of the stick, the game continues to think I'm pushing in the previously pushed direction, usually very lightly. It stops as soon as I enter any other input (or let go of a button I was holding).

This only happens with the Classic Controllers in Nintendon't. It doesn't happen outside of Nintendon't nor in Nintendon't with the Wii U Pro, Nunchuck, or GameCube controller via official adapter.

My uneducated guess is that the controller polling loop first checks if input is being sent, and if not it doesn't update and continues to use the last received input.

TheCarlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i tried it with ATV Quad Power Racing 2, i have a Profile Completed at 100% (i think), i tried it loading it it with the ninmem.raw thing i got from GCMM, and nothing, it did not load the save, is there a way i can split up the big raw file so it can use each games save?, or is there a way i can use the game's gci save in Nintendon't as is?, or do i have to transform it to .raw?

Never mind, i got it with Dolphin's Method.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
If you wanna use the gci file you need to transfer it to a raw file, but the first method should work fine, you must have forgotten to enable EmuMC in Nintendont or forgot to set it to "multi" you have to have both be anabled and have the ninmem.raw file in a folder named "save" the root where the isos is located.

IAintTellinUMyName

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't checked, but on the latest version, my GC controller (official black one) gets remapped to different buttons after a minute on Smash Bros Melee and F-Zero GX (MGS: The Twin Snakes doesn't for some reason, but going down diagonally slows Snake down), like A is B, B is Y, and Y is X. I'm using a Mayflash Gamecube Adapter for Wii/Wii U. Has anyone figured this out?

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't checked, but on the latest version, my GC controller (official black one) gets remapped to different buttons after a minute on Smash Bros Melee and F-Zero GX (MGS: The Twin Snakes doesn't for some reason, but going down diagonally slows Snake down), like A is B, B is Y, and Y is X. I'm using a Mayflash Gamecube Adapter for Wii/Wii U. Has anyone figured this out?
The minus (-) button is used for rotating the button mapping on Classic Controllers, which the Mayflash adaptor emulates. I don't recall what it is, but the adaptor has button combos for emulating the home and minus buttons. It sounds like you might be pressing that combination occasionally when you play those games.

EDIT: Looks like quickly pressing the start button is read as the - button. You can check here for reference.
http://www.mayflash.com/products/nintendowiiu/w007.html

Reactions: Adeka

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The minus (-) button is used for rotating the button mapping on Classic Controllers, which the Mayflash adaptor emulates. I don't recall what it is, but the adaptor has button combos for emulating the home and minus buttons. It sounds like you might be pressing that combination occasionally when you play those games.

This is correct. I wish people would know how their adapter works before posting about it here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.