Hacking Nintendont

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah, okay. I did a little searching, and found a few codes/cheats that say "16:9 Aspect Ratio." Do you think that would fix the problems or just do what the widescreen hack already does?

by now I've implemented most widescreen methods these cheats do, thats the reason you can look at it anways. Oh and if a game doesnt support widescreen natively then we cant do anything about it, after all its always just a hack which modifies the 3d camera, we cant change anything about textures or placement.

DemitriArcane

Trophies
XP
Country
Fix, it seems like it could be an issue with sector size more than anything, my 3tb that ive used with 2.229 and tried with 2.230 which doesnt work
The hard drives in question seem to have over 4k sectors which are causing the issue.

Nintendont Loader v2.249 (Wii)
Built 9.12.2014
Firmware 0.13.37 (Somewhat Concerning)

Loading Patched Kernel . . . 9
ES_Init . . . Done!
Init USB/SD device . . . Done!
Mounting USB/SD device . . . Done!
Checking FS . . . Done!
Drive size: 2794.52GB Sector Size: 4096
ES_LoadModules . . . Done!
Loading config . . . Done!
Init HID devices . . . Using Gamecube and BT Ports
Init DI . . . (Where it crashes but has worked before with 2.229)

Bobbery18

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
by now I've implemented most widescreen methods these cheats do, thats the reason you can look at it anways. Oh and if a game doesnt support widescreen natively then we cant do anything about it, after all its always just a hack which modifies the 3d camera, we cant change anything about textures or placement.

Ah, okay. Guess I'll just have to wait for a possible HD remake (or maybe a VC release, although if the original game doesn't even support 16:9, I doubt they'd add that to it, it'd probably just be stretched out like when you play it on a Wii) to see TTYD in full, true widescreen.

Awesome work still, by the way! The games the hack works for look great in widescreen (Sunshine comes to mind)!

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might also be signs of a failing graphics chip. One of my Wii's has bad artifacting. Most noticeably on gamecube titles. Not terrible on Wii titles.
You know after reading this I have a doubt, when I'm playing WW (it's more noticeable in that game) I see two white bars on the side of the screen, left and right more close to the center. Maybe it's caused because I'm using my Wii in a 50' HDTV with composite cables? Or my Wii is starting to die? It's from the 2012 :(

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know after reading this I have a doubt, when I'm playing WW (it's more noticeable in that game) I see two white bars on the side of the screen, left and right more close to the center. Maybe it's caused because I'm using my Wii in a 50' HDTV with composite cables? Or my Wii is starting to die? It's from the 2012 :(

Uh, do you have component cables?

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
50' HDTV with composite cables?

THAT is a sin right there, if you seriously have a picture which is 640x480 via composite which makes it to about 320x240 and you can still look at it then I would suggest you think about some life choices again.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THAT is a sin right there, if you seriously have a picture which is 640x480 via composite which makes it to about 320x240 and you can still look at it then I would suggest you think about some life choices again.
I know I know, but in Argentina i don't find original component cables, only 3rd party ones, and to be honest sitting far from the TV make it look a bit better. But yeah, i need component :(

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, only composite, it's causes by that? Or is my Wii failing?

Third party cables work just fine, that's what I have, never had a problem. Nintendo branding be damned, you don't need Nintendo component cables lol. Seriously, 3rd party cables are really not that bad, just get them :P

Reactions: RCJayce

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

mat128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's absolutely no noticeable improvement when using official Nintendo component cables vs 3rd party?

Not that I can see, it's just their own brand and a way to get more money, literally no advantages. I own both official and third party cables, they look the same. But hey, it's your money lol :P Just like the Monster Cable brand, other brands will look just the same.

anon3536

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i managed to get a hold of phantasy star online that said it was formatted in such a way to work with DM(L) by crediar, i tried it with 232 and it made my wii u reset completly, yes i know im on an older version but i tend not to update until theres a really good new feature that i will use, any ideas one why its not working? i looked in the games/gameid folder and there wasnt a game.iso but there was a folder with alot of files in it, it was read by usblgx and what not

EDIT: oooo wait found out nvm, read compat list wrong, plus is the one that works

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well according to the original page "If you set "multi" as memory card settings in Nintendont options, it will create a single memory card called ninmem.raw which lets you save multiple games on the same memory card file. Japanese games will have their own card file named ninmemj.raw to prevent corruption and formating message with non Japanese games save."

the memory cards cant have two types of chars at the same time so you cant save jap games and ntsc/pal games on the same card.

lol
how many Japanese and US games have you played together with the same memory card?
You must be extremely lucky if none of them asked to format your out of region card

Actually Nintendont can render the Japanese font, this is what causes the need for two memory cards.

IIRC the Japanese Sonic Heroes, as seen in your signature is compatible with NTSC/PAL cards.

Actually I'm not using nintendon't yet , all I did was with retail game and some in the USB loader (btw I have to redo my wifi conection on wii so my signature can update xD no baterry on wiimore (~=w=)~ )
The MC is an 60MB not original one .. yeah the games I have here .... Sould Calibur 2, Zelda WW, for US, smash brosther DX, Star fox adventures, mario sunshine and kinnikuman II japanese... on SD was sonic heroes(j), adventure 1 and 2, shadow the hedgehog(us, the last because I cound't find the Jp :P) (yeah I never played them before, I'm late XD so many "old" games to play xD)

This is far I remeber and never got problens o-o the one I started with was star fox adventures o-o
Btw I remeber a friend complaining that lost his saves because an Eur game ... but idk :v

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/gXtJ12EeaOs?si=ESC50o7Vr5sUh71I