Hacking Nintendont

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't force MPAL, NTSC or progressive scan on the PAL version of Animal Crossing, my TV reports that video mode is unsupported :blink: PAL 50 & 60 work, my TV doesn't seem to support 640x480p only 720x480i/p & 720x576i/p.

I've also noticed in the log that SD Media Launcher+AR , Action Replay v1.20 sends some
"Got Shutdown button call" command right after booting that prevents you from using usb hids and nunchuck with it, swiss-gc also does the same I think but hangs on a black screen, it loads without issue using dios mios lite, but has no obvious input without a real gc pad.
Why are you using the sd media launcher to load nintendont!? Nintendont is Wii software NOT gcn software, that will never work.... Put nintendont on you sd card in the traditional way (for booting with hbc), then configute it with w/e usb loader u use and force the video mode with that.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Why are you using the sd media launcher to load nintendont!? Nintendont is Wii software NOT gcn software, that will never work.... Put nintendont on you sd card in the traditional way (for booting with hbc), then configute it with w/e usb loader u use and force the video mode with that.

The 2nd release of SD Media Launcher had codejunkies last AR codelist embedded into it, when you don't have a sdcard inserted into an sdgecko/sdml it brings it up.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The 2nd release of SD Media Launcher had codejunkies last AR codelist embedded into it, when you don't have a sdcard inserted into an sdgecko/sdml it brings it up.

Still nintendont wasn't made with this in mind, so it is more likely you run into trouble if you are not using the conventional way.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

WACOMalt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time posting here. Using Nintendont and I love it!

But I am having an issue with F-Zero GX. I searched and found a few old solutions like forcing NTSC, or creating a cache.txt for the game, but neither of those worked. For me I launch the game, I see the logos in the beginning, the the "av" logo, and then my WiiU reboots.

Anyone have this game working? It says it's compatible on the compatibility list.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
First time posting here. Using Nintendont and I love it!

But I am having an issue with F-Zero GX. I searched and found a few old solutions like forcing NTSC, or creating a cache.txt for the game, but neither of those worked. For me I launch the game, I see the logos in the beginning, the the "av" logo, and then my WiiU reboots.

Anyone have this game working? It says it's compatible on the compatibility list.
when the console shutsdown it means your iso is probably very bad and nintendont cant even patch it properly.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or use the in-app updater. :P

JoostinOnline Hell no :rofl2: Then I'd have to connect to my WiFi, too risky :P I'm waiting for the Wii U exploit, so, internet connections are a no-go, too much bad luck with them. I'd be screwed if I did that and would update me to 5.3.2, besides, the WiFi here sucks. I prefer to manually update.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two questions I'd like to ask :P

1 - With a USB y-cable and HDD, do you absolutely have to have one plugged in the back and one in the front?
2 - Do native controls need to be enabled in the Wii U version or is that on the Wii only?

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1 - With a USB y-cable and HDD, do you absolutely have to have one plugged in the back and one in the front?
2 - Do native controls need to be enabled in the Wii U version or is that on the Wii only?

1- To the front or to a USB Hub, I don't think that the port really matters because the second cable is only for power.
2- Yes, Native are only for GC Ports Wii.

Reactions: the_randomizer

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Native controls is Wii only. It basically tells the loader to use the Wiis actual GameCube controller ports instead of emulating them through HID or Bluetooth

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: I've got a pronouns page, https://pronouns.page/@a_cool_username2 (My pronouns are he/him...