Hacking Nintendont

RushHourDuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well the game is still crashing so yes it still needs working, maybe a widescreen patch would be implemented eventually, I reverted back to Dios Mios for this game anyway!

Really now? It didn't crash when I tested it, then again I may not have played it for long enough. Did it take a while before it crashed?

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't want make this thread about GC adapter working with Wii games but could the code that makes it work in Nintendont be intergrated into wii Loaders so it would be recognised?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want make this thread about GC adapter working with Wii games but could the code that makes it work in Nintendont be intergrated into wii Loaders so it would be recognised?

Do not post about this anymore. This is a Nintendont thread, not an add Wii U adapter support to USB loaders/Wii games thread.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just made a cool addition to the nintendont loader, I cant promise that it will work at all times of course.
-added some code which will create pre-formatted memory cards for the memcard emu on file creation, that means you dont need to format it manually ingame anymore

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just made a cool addition to the nintendont loader, I cant promise that it will work at all times of course.
-added some code which will create pre-formatted memory cards for the memcard emu on file creation, that means you dont need to format it manually ingame anymore

Finally we will stop seeing people posting here about that.:glare:

Reactions: VinsCool

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Man I love you, I swear I wanted to ask about the possibility to do that a few days since real memory card support was added but I forgot, I hope it works, thank you!

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Every time when i save in ANY GAMES and go to another area the game CRASHES! What should i do????

Please give more details. Nintendont version, sd or usb, drive, game, loader (if any)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendont version r254
I'm loading the Game's and Loader from my USB Drive
Need more details?
Here let me help you

Game :
Describe Issue :
Region :
Wii/Wii U :
Nintendont revision :
Last know working revision (if any) :
Loader used (if any) with revision no. :
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD :
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size :
ISO 1:1/compressed :
McEmu/Real Mem card and size :
Native on/off :
Controller used if Native off :
Composite/Component/HDMI:

Supermariobros52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game : Any game
Describe Issue : Every time when i save the game crashed about 5 seconds later
Region : NTSC
Wii/Wii U : Wii
Nintendont revision : r254
Last know working revision (if any) :r216
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : USB HDD
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : Format - FAT32, Cluster Size - 32KB/32768, Size - 36GB
ISO 1:1/compressed : compressed ISO
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : McEmu size is 512
Native on/off : Off
Controller used if Native off : Off
Composite/Component/HDMI: HDMI

SPF2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, thanks for the great tutorial. However, I am having trouble with the please disable AHBProt. I have looked at the FAQ on the page and everything seems fine. From this screenshot, can you tell me what's wrong? Thanks for everything. http://imgur.com/UqfxI1H My HBC is version 1.0.8 and IOS58 so I don't think it's that.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I would suggest adding this link
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-873#post-5144450
to the very top of the OP and direct any noob to the OP when they asked for help with no details.
The last few pages were full of those!

Describe Issue : Every time when i save the game crashed about 5 seconds later
Region : NTSC
Wii/Wii U : Wii
Nintendont revision : r254
Last know working revision (if any) :r216
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : USB HDD
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : Format - FAT32, Cluster Size - 32KB/32768, Size - 36GB
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : McEmu size is 512
Native on/off : Off
Composite/Component/HDMI: HDMI

How many is any? 1,2,10 or 100? I would say list all of them if its less than 10. And if its more than 10, at least list some of them.

36G? Its an odd size and are you sure you have HDD that small or you created a partition that small? If it is partitioned, can you give more details on how is you HDD partitioned

If you have followed this thread, you should know what to expect: try 1:1 ISO

LOL. Great, you don't use any controller at all? Thats your problem! You should at least have an HID/BT controller and set the controller settings accordingly.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD, Size - 36GB
36G? Its an odd size.
If you have followed this thread, you should know what to expect: try 1:1 ISO

He probably uses a USB pen, i don't think it is an odd size for a USB pen. Still, it is known that USB pens have the worst compatibility.
On the ISO part i have to agree, if you compress them wrong they will not work.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
He probably uses a USB pen, i don't think it is an odd size for a USB pen. Still, it is known that USB pens have the worst compatibility.
On the ISO part i have to agree, if you compress them wrong they will not work.

I have never seen 36G drives or may be I never cared to use pen drives. My mind is set to 8,16,32,64....

NekoKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So! Using Nintendont ver. 2.251 on my black Wii model 1 to check if enemies would die already in Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, and I'm afraid, it seems, the game won't even load, it stays on Black Screen.

Any one else with that problem?

Using a Cruzer Edge pendrive, same one I use to play F-Zero GX and Wind Waker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think