Hacking Nintendont

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i've 2 issues remaining:

With what version?
Their have been 14 versions in the last week several of them could affect what your talking about.

1. Lag, I play competitively ssbm so i really notice a difference by switching from the cfg usb loader on the wii between Nintendont on Wii U with the USB adapter (on a crt), i want to switch to my asus monitor so fixing that would be reaaaaallly great :).

CFG doesnt run game cube games it self. it passes them off to dois mios, devolution or nintendont. CFG, devolution and nintendont can all be run on your wii u. If you were to run tests comparing what works for you and what dosent work so you can identify which parts are introducing your lag. run the the tests comparing only one differance at a time. only use different displays when you are checking if the display is the issue. Make sure The wiis are always set to the same resolutions.

2. precision: I think the deadzone isn't recognized precise enough, whenever i press start it goes a bit to the right on my old controller (doesn't happen on my wii or gamecube!), the new one though doesn't have that issue, so i figure it's a deadzone issue.

Its not a dead zone issue. but you can probably compensate for it by creating a bigger dead zone. It is configurable in the controller.ini for the gamecube adapter for the wii u. I dont think you will be happy with the results. and I dont recomend anyone add a dead zone unless they absolutely have to..

Is there a way of donating so you will look into these problems more likely? I realize these are REALLY specific requests and you've done a great job anyway, but I would love to see these things fixed so i can throw my crt out of the window :).

If your monitor is contributing to your problems maybe throw the monitor and keep the crt. :)

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
you will need to compromise either format it all into fat32 and use a file splitter to split wii games biggers than 4gb like most of us do or try to make a fat32 partition and making it the primary partition.

thanks for the help :), do you think that 16gb usb flash drive will be good enough for about 10-12 gamecube games? it actually has 14.5gb usable storage because storage manufacturers are allowed to false advertise lol

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thanks for the help :), do you think that 16gb usb flash drive will be good enough for about 10-12 gamecube games? it actually has 14.5gb usable storage because storage manufacturers are allowed to false advertise lol
each gamecube game is 1.35gb if its one disc only so yeah it should fit 10

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
thanks guys, i wont compress them because i dont like messing with my isos but i got around 13 so far with about 600mb left so i might be doing quite well, its easier to just switch drives when i want to play gamecube games :)

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to mention with the same md5 on re2 and gtdb it still gave me the error in my previous video.
Re3 ran fine for 40 minutes but the beginning intro after waiting at the title screen jumps to about 3-5fps until the video is over.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Check out this rev, that issue was just plain stupid lol:
-allow the DSP patch to get applied multiple times for games which have multiple DSP ROMs, this should fix broken audio in the remaining games with audio problems
can confirm sound got fixed in beyblade and smugler run but smuglers run freeze is still there it appears if you get close to the checkpoint in the center the game freezes.

Reactions: Adeka and bm123456

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm trying to install Nintendont on a friend's Wii. All the softmodding went fine, and we have been ripping my GC games for her. We got Wind Waker working beautifully but every other game just causes the Wii to crash and the TV to lose signal.
The USB is a 8GB pen drive, I have made sure to label the folders and ISOs correctly.
Any advice?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys, I'm trying to install Nintendont on a friend's Wii. All the softmodding went fine, and we have been ripping my GC games for her. We got Wind Waker working beautifully but every other game just causes the Wii to crash and the TV to lose signal.
The USB is a 8GB pen drive, I have made sure to label the folders and ISOs correctly.
Any advice?
Check the region of the ISOS and the Force Video option, usually that's why it loses signal.
What version of Nintendont is it?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Check out this rev, that issue was just plain stupid lol:
-allow the DSP patch to get applied multiple times for games which have multiple DSP ROMs, this should fix broken audio in the remaining games with audio problems
It's okay we all can overlook little things, will test this now before I go to bed, thanks!

NekoKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guys any of you getting Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and Sands of Time to boot? I keep getting black screen upon boot, requiring hard reset.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys any of you getting Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and Sands of Time to boot? I keep getting black screen upon boot, requiring hard reset.

Best way to check before posting here is see what revision it last booted on by checking the compatibility list.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game: Aggressive Inline
Nintendont:2.256
Console: Wii U
Issue: Glitched menus; The memcard format menu and name entry menu are displaying garbage. That never used to happen...:wtf:

Nevermind. Must've been a bad mod. Downloaded a fresh one off the front page and it works good now.

But the whole preformatted memcard thing it's suppose to be doin, it ain't doin.

WHOA! Nobody told me the tutorial level doesn't have music. All this time I thought audio streaming wasn't working. Went to Freeskate and the music plays. It does however play very fast. At the end of a song, music stops and you have to go into the pause menu and access the playlist for another song to play.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i got pop:ww full ntsc iso working on my wii and wiiu on 256 but since enemies still dont die its unplayble yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol