JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline Sorry for asking, I imagine this is been answered before, but when I update the controllers folder in Nintendont does it download on the SD or USB? I have Nintendont as well as the controllers folder on both SD and USB so I be prepared and don't run into issues, thanks.
It should be located on whatever drive your games are on. Originally I had it extracted to the drive you launched Nintendont from, but I fixed that in a recent release. It's now extracted to whichever drive you selected when you first load Nintendont.

Reactions: sonictopfan

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
FIX94 If you can look at this please:

When Using official Nintendo gamecube adapter the: "R+Z+B+ D-Pad Down" for Exit to loader does not work.

Tested on a Wii U
Nintendont revision: r 2.256

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 If you can look at this please:

When Using official Nintendo gamecube adapter the: "R+Z+B+ D-Pad Down" for Exit to loader does not work.

Tested on a Wii U
Nintendont revision: r 2.256

That button combo only works when using the gamecube ports on your Wii. HID controllers and adapters have custom exit combinations that you can make. The one that everyone chose for the adapter was L+R+Z+Start. You can change it to whatever you want by editing the power inside the controller.ini

Why is this brought up so much?

samuguay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question I have my gamecube control adapter connected to the front USB my vwii and nintendont latest version and still does not recognize the commands I am doing wrong ?

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That button combo only works when using the gamecube ports on your Wii. HID controllers and adapters have custom exit combinations that you can make. The one that everyone chose for the adapter was L+R+Z+Start. You can change it to whatever you want by editing the power inside the controller.ini

Because it is on the OP and it is not stating what you wrote, and the combo key is only disabled when using "native controls" on. Read the OP at troubleshooting please...

• Reset/Exit via button combo (R+Z+Start for reset, R+Z+B+ D-Pad Down for Exit to loader. Button correspond to the Gamecube mapped buttons, not your controller)

• My settings are not working when using the "Native Control" setting:
The Native Control setting lets Nintendont use Native Gamepad Controller access instead of emulating it, allowing the use of all existing official controllers, but disables emulated hardware and some features.
See below the list of affected features if you enable Native Control:

Enabled
- GBA-link
- Keyboard
- Mouse
- Steering Wheel
- Wavebird

Disabled
- HID-USB Gamepads
- Bluetooth Gamepads
- Button combo to reset/return to Loader

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it is on the OP and it is not stating what you wrote, and the setting is only disabled when using "native controls" on. Read the OP at troubleshooting please...

I'm very confused at your entire post. What does the power command being customizable on HID controllers and adapters have to do with Native Controls? If you turn on Native Controls then the adapter isn't going to work at all.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm very confused at your entire post. What does the power command being customizable on HID controllers and adapters have to do with Native Controls? If you turn on Native Controls then the adapter isn't going to work at all.

According to the OP the combo key should work for every control scheme.
- The combo key only will not work if you are using a wii with gamecube port, and you intend to use original gamecube controllers - so you have to enable native on - but you lose the combo key

- Also, the combo keys, work fine with bluetooth controllers either on wii or wii u.

- I did not question, if the combo key can be customized or not...

All I said is, when you enable HID, and use the official gamecube adapter, the combo key does not work, when, according to the op, they should work.

That's all. Got it?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the OP the combo key should work for every control scheme.
- The combo key only will not work if you are using a wii with gamecube port, and you intend to use original gamecube controllers - so you have to enable native on - but you lose the combo key

- Also, the combo keys, work fine with bluetooth controllers either on wii or wii u.

All I said is, when you enable HID, and use the official gamecube adapter, the combo key does not work. That's all. Got it?
The OP is maintained by Cyan. If he makes a mistake then tag him, he will fix it. A mistake can happen, we are all human

He can change it from this...
  • Reset/Exit via button combo (R+Z+Start for reset, R+Z+B+ D-Pad Down for exit to loader. Button correspond to the Gamecube mapped buttons, not your controller)
To This..
  • Reset/Exit via button combo (R+Z+Start for reset, R+Z+B+ D-Pad Down for exit to loader. Button correspond to the Gamecube mapped buttons, not your controller). You can choose your exit to loader combination on HID controllers and adapters.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is it on the front page? I think it should be on the front page. Under the controller info. If bold, medium sized letters.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after i click progressive mode and get to the tittle screen it freezes and makes that loud sound

What about your setup? Nintendont version, is ISO 1:1 or shrunk, are you using HBC or a loader, controller, is game running off SD/HDD, SD/HDD model and size. The more information you give us the more likely we are to find a solution. Saying a game doesn't work tells us nothing.

LuigiXHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made an account just to ask this question... How do you use FSTs with nintendon't? I see it's supported on the first page but it doesn't explain how to use them? Can someone tell me how?

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
i seems you have bad backups which may cause issues also in all of your text ou never said what version of nintendont you were using.

the last one, manually update in the sd:/apps/ directory then update from nintendon't menu and got the "already up to date" (or something like that) message.

I only get this crash while launching Skies of Arcadia and since i've already launch this backup before and just got a black screen, ,i think my breakdown could be related to how I shutdown (power off and then on) the wii from the gamecube backup i was palying...maybe..i am not sure...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mmmmm uremum
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Always shooting that dairy out uremums tiddies
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My thread front ten years ago got 10,000 views lol
  • DolphinCube @ DolphinCube:
    Sup peps? I rarely talk on here but is there a way to disable the ads that cover the chat a lil. Its annoying at times
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can avoid the ads by becoming a paid Patron.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @DolphinCube, or use an adblocker
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i'd recommend ublock origin
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brave browser
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, kinda
    @Xdqwerty is that just a chrome extenstion orr...?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @DolphinCube, ublock origin is a chrome extension compatible with chrome, chromium based browsers and firefox (and i think some others too)
    +1
    ooo oke. Got it.
    Alrighty its installed. Ty for the help man
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @DolphinCube, no problem

^_^
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do I install JuanBlocker ? Nvm, I just filtered out all feet threads.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    On Android I like Adblock Browser
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just say Mexicos a fake America
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I just say Mexicos a fake America +1