Hacking Nintendont

Kayael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well no luck either with SD card. Loading times were amazing, but still, the game froze this time. I guess it's not my lucky day ^^ Thanks for the help though, I'll post if I happen to solve this.

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
Well no luck either with SD card. Loading times were amazing, but still, the game froze this time. I guess it's not my lucky day ^^ Thanks for the help though, I'll post if I happen to solve this.
Id avoid micro SD's in an adapter too im afraid. Doesnt take much for them to work loose.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am glad to see the new reporting format is being used. As for Make, Model of the storage device I meant Manufacturer and model of the device such as Western Digital BEVT5000 or Hitachi Deskstar or something like that as not all models from the same manufacturer are the same. Even HDDs from the SAME model but different sizes can yield different results.

Reactions: flinto

Luck_xD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, here I go !

Game : Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes
Describe Issue : Random crash (after 2 minutes or 1 hour, during gameplay or cutscene) with GameCube message "An error has occured"
Region : Game NTSC
Wii/Wii U : Wii PAL
Nintendont revision : 204
Last know working revision (if any) : None, tried the last ten though
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : None
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : USB Pen
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : Tanscend Jetflash 350 8gb USB 2, FAT32, 32k cluster
ISO 1:1/compressed : ISO 1:1
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : Real MC, 56 blocks
Native on/off : On
Controller used if Native off :
Composite/Component/HDMI: Component

Same issue with F-Zero GX NTSC. Though for this one, there's always a sound lag before crashing. I can't try and boot from SD since I'm using 1gb SD and don't have a bigger one right now.

I have the same problem, but only with Metal Gear. The first disc don't even boot, the second boot but after a time playng it's crash.
My HDD is a little buggy so I assumed that was the problem, and it's not working with the Wii right now, so...

AlexandreKH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sonic Heroes NTSC/U have a stretched image(4:3 stretched instead of true 16: 9) with Force Widescreen.

Is there any other way to force widescreen on it?

fish & chips

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will give this a try since the compatibility wiki has it marked as 480p working on r2.165. I asked for confirmation a few pages back and I think nobody replied.

Game: Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO
Describe Issue: Black screen with a loud beep sound on boot only when Force Progressive is enabled.
Region Game: NTSC US
Wii/Wii U: Wii NTSC US
Nintendont revision: r205
Last know working revision (if any): r148
Loader used (if any) with revision no.: Nintendont straight from the Homebrew Channel and also tried with USBLoaderGX r1231.
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD: USB HDD.
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size: Former PS3 HDD, 80 GB, FAT32, 32k cluster.
ISO 1:1/compressed: Compressed and also ISO 1:1 with the md5 '0f153f7d7b97c9df1d4d55a9f70cfde6'
McEmu/Real Mem card and size: Emulated Memory Card, Multi Off, 251 Blocks.
Native on/off: On and also with Off
Controller used if Native off: First party Gamecube controller (not wireless).
Composite/Component/HDMI: Component

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the sake of donation links, which developers are actively working on the project and current/future updates?

Here is a list from the Nintendont Google Code page: https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/people/list

crediar Started this project
FIX94 Has done most of the updates and fixes
JoostinOnline Has worked on the Update mechanism.
GreyRogue Has helped on getting various games working
Howard Helps with getting various controllers to work
Almost forgot:
kongsnutz Put together Nintendont.net to help those noobs out there.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Thanks to all who are giving us what Nintendo took away.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Here is a list from the Nintendont Google Code page: https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/people/list

Hey, awesome! Thanks a bunch man.

I'm wondering how recently or frequently these peeps contribute? I owe it to FIX94 to throw something his way for stuff other than this anyway.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, thanks for the support.

What is WiiRD code?

It's actually the cheat code system for GameCube and Wii Games but some games require a code to properly enable 16:9 Widescreen when the Widescreen hack doesn't work or causes issues like reversed images with Pokémon: XD or objects being cut off outside the 4:3 screen.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you take a look here https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/list you can see who has done what and how frequently they contribute.
Using the google code website is a bad way to see how much they contribute. The original google code page is no longer available so you can't see the commits of r1-r88 (unless you downloaded that file that FIX94 provided during the switch to the new one). Most of the commits by JoostinOnline were made then. All the commits cyan made were on the old google code page.

Also OverjoY coded the usb code, hes not a Nintendont dev though.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the google code website is a bad way to see how much they contribute. The original google code page is no longer available so you can't see the commits of r1-r88 (unless you downloaded that file that FIX94 provided during the switch to the new one). Most of the commits by JoostinOnline were made then. All the commits cyan made were on the old google code page.

Also OverjoY coded the usb code, hes not a Nintendont dev though.

Heran Bago asked who was contributing recently and I listed what I could find and what I knew. I've only been using Nintendont for a few weeks so anything done moths ago I am not aware of.

Reactions: Adeka

nipoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Greetings to all,

I use nintedont (vers 217) and I am experiencing some freezing problems when I use a specific USB Gamepad controller.

When I connect "Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2" and try to play Zelda Windwaker the game starts and plays ok , but Wii freezes after 1-2 minutes into the gameplay.

When I connect a "cabled" "Rumblepad 2 USB" controller the game plays normal with no freezes. Any suggestions?

[ By the way, there is a small error in the default .ini file of the "wired" Rumblepad 2 controller . You have to add an "DigitalLR=1" line in order for the L R buttons to play correctly (vid=046d, pid=c218) ]

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings to all,

I use nintedont (vers 217) and I am experiencing some freezing problems when I use a specific USB Gamepad controller.

When I connect "Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2" and try to play Zelda Windwaker the game starts and plays ok , but Wii freezes after 1-2 minutes into the gameplay.

When I connect a "cabled" "Rumblepad 2 USB" controller the game plays normal with no freezes. Any suggestions?

[ By the way, there is a small error in the default .ini file of the "wired" Rumblepad 2 controller . You have to add an "DigitalLR=1" line in order for the L R buttons to play correctly (vid=046d, pid=c218) ]

There is no version 217. 2.205 is the latest. Please check again.

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country

crediar Started this project

-Published Alpha edition
-Implemented caching
-Implemented TriForce
-Implemented Audio Streaming
-Implemented BlueTooth
-Implemented Multi-Dol
-Cleaned up Initial Build
-Developed update system
-Implemented ALL DSP fixes
-Fixed almost all Patches from r2 to the V1.00; basically responsible for about half the games being green
-Cleaned the mess left over from the DCMA takedown notice.
-Fixed Controller issues
-Added deadzone
-Made most 3rd party conversion devices
Almost forgot:
kongsnutz Put together Nintendont.net to help those noobs out there.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Thanks to all who are giving us what Nintendo took away.

TL;DR Grey Rogue and Fix have made the most; Howard Does controllers and Justin does stuff.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1