Hacking Nintendont

kingdsx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's working fine for me. Hes running around but I don't feel like catching him at 2 in the morning.
I don't think it's my ISO as everything works fine on dolphin. I still have a cache file from back in the day. Will see what happens when I remove it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, here's a link to download it (can't upload .raw files here):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjb3bp6lzlj34fc/GMSE.raw?dl=0

just tryed it full ntsc iso and i had no issues at all
full ntsc iso caught shadow mario and the shine on sirena beach
all my settings are off except for mcemu and usb
video and language on auto

just becuase an iso work on dolphin doesnt mean it has to work on nintendont dolphin is an emulator nintendont isnt.

Reactions: Michierusama

JoeSchmoe24

Trophies
XP
Country
just tryed it full ntsc iso and i had no issues at all
full ntsc iso caught shadow mario and the shine on sirena beach
all my settings are off except for mcemu and usb
video and language on auto

just becuase an iso work on dolphin doesnt mean it has to work on nintendont dolphin is an emulator nintendont isnt.

I can confirm Sunshine works fine as well. Played through the whole game with no issue: NTSC-U iso (not trimmed), Wii, GC Controller, MCEmu On (59 blocks), Ocarina On (Widescreen cheat). Also thank you to everyone who has worked on this program, it is sensational. I will donate some money as soon as i can afford it.

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um I hope I put everything correctly.

Game : Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2
Describe Issue : Game crashes after intro
Region : Ntsc U
Wii/Wii U : Wii
Nintendont revision : 2.204
Last known working revision (if any) : None
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : USB Loader GX 3.0 r1232 (Crashes even if I don't use usb loader gx)
SD/USB : USB
HDD make,model and size if used: Toshiba 320gb HDD ( I don't know what you mean make? Yes I'm a n00b)
SD/USB make and model : Not used
ISO 1:1/compressed : ISO 1:1
McEmu/Real Mem card and size: Real memory card, size: 251 blocks
Native on/off : off
Controller used if Native off : Official Nintendo Gamecube controller
Composite/Component/HDMI: Component

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Loader used (if any) with revision no. : USB Loader GX 3.0 r1232 (Crashes even if I don't use usb loader gx)
SD/USB : Not used
HDD make,model and size if used: Toshiba 320gb HDD ( I don't know what you mean make? Yes I'm a n00b)
Then what are you loading your games off of?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

SD/USB : USB
well i dont think this format is worth to report a known not working game, this is good when you want to find why a working game on the compat list isnt working for you, this game has been like that since the beggining its on the compat listed as such.

I think this method should be only ppl with troubles getting a working game, working for them not a game that never worked and still doesnt sadly.

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Features Nintendont doesn't support yet:
  • Multiplayer support with USB-HID controllers using multiple ports
  • WiiU front USB ports support for USB-HID Controller when loading game from USB
  • Dual ports support DO NOT CONNECT TWO DRIVES AT THE SAME TIME! (even a WiiU Formated drive, or a non powered one as second HDD). It will either not boot, or corrupt your savegame file.
  • BBA/Modem support
You should add this from the nintendont source page

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i dont think this format is worth to report a known not working game, this is good when you want to find why a working game on the compat list isnt working for you, this game has been like that since the beggining its on the compat listed as such.

I think this method should be only ppl with troubles getting a working game, working for them not a game that never worked and still doesnt sadly.
ok

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country

Yea, I agree. This is only for ppl who can't get games to work that are green on the compatibility list! Nice try tho

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, Revised form. This is only for people having issues with games that are either green on compatibility list, or not on the compatibility list.

Game :
Describe Issue :
Region :
Wii/Wii U :
Nintendont revision :
Last know working revision (if any) :
Loader used (if any) with revision no. :
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD :
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size :
ISO 1:1/compressed :
McEmu/Real Mem card and size :
Native on/off :
Controller used if Native off :
Composite/Component/HDMI:

Kayael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, here I go !

Game : Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes
Describe Issue : Random crash (after 2 minutes or 1 hour, during gameplay or cutscene) with GameCube message "An error has occured"
Region : Game NTSC
Wii/Wii U : Wii PAL
Nintendont revision : 204
Last know working revision (if any) : None, tried the last ten though
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : None
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : USB Pen
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : Tanscend Jetflash 350 8gb USB 2, FAT32, 32k cluster
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : Real MC, 56 blocks
Native on/off : On

Same issue with F-Zero GX NTSC. Though for this one, there's always a sound lag before crashing. I can't try and boot from SD since I'm using 1gb SD and don't have a bigger one right now.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok, here I go !

Describe Issue : Random crash (after 2 minutes or 1 hour, during gameplay or cutscene) with GameCube message "An error has occured"
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : Tanscend Jetflash 350 8gb USB 2, FAT32, 32k cluster

Same issue with F-Zero GX NTSC. Though for this one, there's always a sound lag before crashing. I can't try and boot from SD since I'm using 1gb SD and don't have a bigger one right now.
this seems to be your usb devicem that error shows up when the games dont get data fast enough and my guess is this 2 games ask for alot of data which your usb hdd just cant handle

Reactions: flinto

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, here I go !

As your having the same issue with two games I think the most likely issue is its your usb pen, but i'll test it for you now. I have both games but mine are PAL, but I've only got 15 mins or so.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, here I go !

Check your isos at redump.org. Another possibility: It might be your HDD, try to get your hands on another device and test it.

Reactions: flinto

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, here I go !

It played perfectly for me after 25 mins. The only issue I noticed, which didn't quite seem right was when the captions came up, I pressed A on gamecube controller, and all the captions just flashed in an instant without chance to read them. I assume this isn't how it should be! You can read them just let them scroll if your patient tho

Kayael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for trying flinto ^^

Tried with a Lexar 16gb TwistTurn and same error occurred. As for the speed, accordingly to what I found, they are between 15MB/s and 20MB/s for reading, I'm not sure speed is the issue. Maybe just bad luck from those manufacturers. Dumps are good. Gonna try with a class 4 Sandisk micr oSD and adapter. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: MassiveRican

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for trying flinto ^^

Tried with a Lexar 16gb TwistTurn and same error occurred. As for the speed, accordingly to what I found, they are between 15MB/s and 20MB/s for reading, I'm not sure speed is the issue. Maybe just bad luck from those manufacturers. Dumps are good. Gonna try with a class 4 Sandisk micr oSD and adapter. Fingers crossed.

Anytime. Im not convinced pen drives and nintendont are a good combination but I've never actually used one. Speed is important but it's not the only factor. All kind of things could be at play with the drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Except all of reddit 4chan and YouTube reviewers