Hacking Nintendont

chuuey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is it possible that patching to PAL60 doesn't work with Tales of Symphonia NTSC? For some reason all NTSC games I have, work fine - except Tales. Anyone had this issue? Cheers. Using latest version of course (r203)

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so sorry these issues have been addressed, but I really don't have the patience to go through and check.
In Star Fox Adventures, once the game goes to the main menu and I try to start a game, it goes to black screen and I have to reset my Wii U. I am also having a similar issue in the Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition when I try to launch anything once I get to the menu. Is there a patch I'm missing, do I need to change the Nintendont settings from default, or is it something else? Everything is up to date and all other GC games I have work perfectly. I even ran the games directly through Nintendont instead of through GX and it still does this. I'm flabbergasted and I would really appreciate the help. Thanks!

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so sorry these issues have been addressed, but I really don't have the patience to go through and check.
In Star Fox Adventures, once the game goes to the main menu and I try to start a game, it goes to black screen and I have to reset my Wii U. I am also having a similar issue in the Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition when I try to launch anything once I get to the menu. Is there a patch I'm missing, do I need to change the Nintendont settings from default, or is it something else? Everything is up to date and all other GC games I have work perfectly. I even ran the games directly through Nintendont instead of through GX and it still does this. I'm flabbergasted and I would really appreciate the help. Thanks!

For me I am using a NSTC-U Wii U with an optimized NSTC-U ISO, a 251 emucard for Star Fox Adventures and I have no issues other than the subtitle issue which is well known.

What are your settings and what kind of controller are you using?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using compressed ISOs for both. NTSC for both, and MC size is 8MB/1019blocks for both as well. I'll try using full ISOs and get back to you.

I'd also recommend using a 251(2MB) emumem instead of 1019 as some issues arise when using larger emucards.

Personally, I don't know why they don't remove the 16MB card option from Nintendont as it causes loads of issues with a lot of games and no game requires it. I do know some games require a 1019 card but those are very few.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline

You said a while ago that you might make a GUI for nintendont one day. I don't think that a GUI would really be necessary, but I would love to see some changes to the nintendont menu.

Unfortunately, the settings menu is getting very full lately. "Native Control" is in the last line, so if a new option is added you would need to scroll down. What do you think about this organization:

We split the menu in submenus:
The uppermost menu contains:

Cheats
Debugger
Memory Card
Controls
Display
Update

Then an empty line followed by

Auto Boot : On/Off
USB : On/Off
Drive Read LED : On/Off
Language : Auto/etc.

If someone opens "Cheats" a submenu opens (which has the same design as the uppermost menu):

Cheats : On/Off
Cheat Path : On/Off

If someone opens "Debugger" a submenu opens:

Debugger : On/Off
Debugger Wait : On/Off
Log : On/Off
OSReport : On/Off

If someone opens "Memory Card" a submenu opens:

Memcard Emulation : On/Off
Memcard Blocks : 251/etc
Memcard Multi : On/Off

If someone opens "Controls" a submenu opens:

Use HID device : On/Off
MaxPads : 1/2/etc
Native Control : On/Off

If someone opens "Display" a submenu opens:

Force Widescreed : On/Off
Force Progressive : On/Off
Video : Auto/etc
Videomode : PAL60/etc

If someone opens "Update"... well the nintendont updates. In the upper right corner "X : Update" can be removed

Further, now that nintendont works nearly perfect and the loader itself works anyway you could make an option to display or not display all the text when starting a game (you know "Checking FS..." and "Init USB" and so on).
This could be added to "Debugger" as an option "Show loader info". If it is toggled "No", nintendont just displays a blackscreen between choosing and starting a game.

In near future there could be the nintendont logo or the gamecube animation during this blackscreen.

These are all just suggestions, if you like them, I would love to see them implemented one day. If you don't like them it's ok, I just think that these changes would make the settings menu less confusing.

to all:

I somehow don't manage to start a game via USBGX. Until today I always used the nintendont loader to play games and I wanted to give USBGX a try. Anyway, If I choose a Gamecube game it just blackscreens and after a while returns to the hbc. I have set the gamecube mode to nintendont and gamecube path and loader path are correct aswell. Tried different games, but had the same results.

Thanks to all, who answer me!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
i sugest trying with 251 individual memory card just incase.

Trackdown virtua striker 3 save file issue

on 181 the game lost the ability to format or creat the first save data but if you already have a save file for the game loading it will work perfectly even on the 203 rev

So something on 181 brooke that game ability to format and do the first save on the memory card but the game isnt froozen since you can do the exit combo.
I guess I can try to tack down both games but I'm afraid I can't atm, I been busy with other stuff and can't do big testing on my Wii for a while now!

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
sonictopfan do it whenever you wish/can, but since you are the only one constantly bringing up Sonic DX and Sonic CD, it is only fair that you should track down the last working nintendont version for those two.

I don't know if you are aware but the region is IN the GameID. GLME01 where E is the region of USA. P is PAL and J is Japan.

Exactly, no need to overcomplicate things.

I am using compressed ISOs for both. NTSC for both, and MC size is 8MB/1019blocks for both as well. I'll try using full ISOs and get back to you.

It is advised to use full 1:1 isos for perfect compatibility. If HDD space becomes an issue, look at the compatibility list for games that work when shrunk and on how to properly shrink them without causing unwanted freezes on nintendont.
Also, +1 for always using a 2MB (251 blocks) separate gamesave for each game. I have 150+GC games working perfectly by using the above MC method, full isos and a triple nintendont combo. See here:http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-828#post-5134008

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline

You said a while ago that you might make a GUI for nintendont one day. I don't think that a GUI would really be necessary, but I would love to see some changes to the nintendont menu.
One of the benefits to a GUI is custom font sizes.

Reactions: MassiveRican

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
naka6790 yeah I already tracked Sonic CD a while ago, r181 was the last version that had it working fine, just saying, and why should I be punished for reporting bugs? This is what I get for helping out? You know what, I don't feel like reporting any bugs anymore, yeah I'll just stick with r181, r164, and r202 I don't really need anything else!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
naka6790 yeah I already tracked Sonic CD a while ago, r181 was the last version that had it working fine, just saying, and why should I be punished for reporting bugs? This is what I get for helping out? You know what, I don't feel like reporting any bugs anymore, yeah I'll just stick with r181, r164, and r202 I don't really need anything else!
dont take it personaly im guessing what bothered him was that we see ppl reporting lots of times this game brooke but they dont bother to track down where it brooke to make the devs life a little easier, its not just you but alot of ppl constantly say a game brooke over and over without offering any help also even on 164 i got a chaos race freeze too btw i was pressing A really fast to cheer for my chaos and it frooze mid race with bgm playing fine aswhell.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Why do you feel like this? ''Punishment'', really? Read my above post more carefully, i only suggested that since you are caring enough for these two games to work perfectly and have reported them about 20 times in this thread, why not specifying the exact version that the problems begun to occur? That way the devs will know where to look and you 'll get your wish.
pedro702 perfectly understood what i meant, devs have already gone above & beyond the call of duty in specific game hacks, so we should help by being as specific as possible from our side as well, for the few remaining problematic games with nintendont's latest versions (in your case Sonic A: DX chao garden and SGC's Sonic CD port).

Reactions: ccfman2004

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
naka6790 yeah I already tracked Sonic CD a while ago, r181 was the last version that had it working fine, just saying, and why should I be punished for reporting bugs? This is what I get for helping out? You know what, I don't feel like reporting any bugs anymore, yeah I'll just stick with r181, r164, and r202 I don't really need anything else![
Why do you feel like this? ''Punishment'', really? Read my above post more carefully, i only suggested that since you are caring enough for these two games to work perfectly and have reported them about 20 times in this thread, why not specifying the exact version that the problems begun to occur? That way the devs will know where to look and you 'll get your wish.
pedro702 perfectly understood what i meant, devs have already gone above & beyond the call of duty in specific game hacks, so we should help by being as specific as possible from our side as well, for the few remaining problematic games with nintendont's latest versions (in your case Sonic A: DX chao garden and SGC's Sonic CD port).

I think we need to agree a format for reporting broken/none working games. Ppl are only reporting with the best of intentions

Reactions: ccfman2004

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we need to agree a format for reporting broken/none working games. Ppl are only reporting with the best of intentions.

I've noticed that most people don't include the following:

What type of Wii or Wii U console they are using and the region. Some games work on one Wii but not another or they work on a Wii but not a Wii U.
Is the ISO full or optimized and the region.
Are you using any special settings like MCEmu or force PAL?
If using a full ISO have you checked it against the known hashes?
What controller are you using as I've noticed some games are picky what controller you are using like Resident Evil?
Did the game ever work fully, if so what was the last revision it worked on?
Are you using a loader or launching Nintendont via HBC?
Are you loading the games from internal SD slot or USB?
If USB and on a Wii U, are you using a Y-cable to give the HDD extra power?
If using MCEmu, what card size are you using?

Reactions: flinto

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
always on the cleanup, here we go:
-correct force video mode setting in the loader menu, it should now navigate properly
-added a security patch reset when the game is about to reset itself, fixes sonic cd exit
-added a better GXInit search, should fix virtua striker 3
-added disney hide and sneak ARStartDMA exception

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
I've noticed that most people don't include the following:

What type of Wii or Wii U console they are using and the region. Some games work on one Wii but not another or they work on a Wii but not a Wii U.
Is the ISO full or optimized and the region.
Are you using any special settings like MCEmu or force PAL?
If using a full ISO have you checked it against the known hashes?
What controller are you using as I've noticed some games are picky what controller you are using like Resident Evil?
Did the game ever work fully, if so what was the last revision it worked on?
Are you using a loader or launching Nintendont via HBC?
Are you loading the games from internal SD slot or USB?
If USB and on a Wii U, are you using a Y-cable to give the HDD extra power?
If using MCEmu, what card size are you using?
Make and model of usb? Sleepy drives are know to be trouble

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH