Hacking Nintendont

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Offset 0 is 01 when the touchpad is not touched, and 02 when it is touched. It stays at 02 until you push one of the buttons I have mapped to start/power.
Just to make sure I understand, Pressing other buttons and moving sticks dosent cause offset 0 to go back to 01?

rise_against

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im having issues booting Virtua striker 2002 USA, GAME ID GVSE8P. i get a black screen on load but the game works fine with dios mios and dolphin (nintendont settings are all off ). btw im booting the game directly from nintendont through a usb drive pendrive (other games work fine)

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope either USB-Loader GX or Nintendont get an update to re-fix the games that broke when loaded from USBLGX because it's the loader of my choice
Can all of you that are having problems that occur only when Nintendont is launched from USBLGX retest using 2.203 At least one user has reported it fixed his problem with USBLGX. (i believe it was actually fixed in 2.202 but they ignored what version I told them to test with)

Xenith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the new upgrade since rev 197 (last one i used) I am no longer getting the Progressive mode question on start up on games like sonic adventure 2 and super smash bros melee. anyone else experiencing this?
My video setting is set to auto
Using default nintendont loader.
It stays in 480i weird, using component cables on wii.
Just tested with deflicker option on ssbm. Black screens but works weird.
Deflicker option is also giving me a black screen on ssbm using component cables on wii.

using rev 203

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Can all of you that are having problems that occur only when Nintendont is launched from USBLGX retest using 2.203 At least one user has reported it fixed his problem with USBLGX. (i believe it was actually fixed in 2.202 but they ignored what version I told them to test with)
I didn't even know USBLGX was updated, thanks.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't even know USBLGX was updated, thanks.
It's not.
he talked about nintendont being updated.
Nakata said USBLoaderGX was not the issue because it worked with older version of nintendont. So if nintendont fixed it, you don't have to update USBLoaderGX.
Maybe they changed/corrupted the path size if too long, so renaming to 6 bytes fixed your issue.?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Since we're on the topic of updates and all, I just to remind the devs about the broken issues, not demanding here but merely a reminder, keep in mind that I did not test the newer revisions yet, last I tested was r199, so I'm not sure if any of these issues were fixed, I can't test atm though...

**Tested in r199**
-Frogger Ancient Shadows still back screen
-Virtua Striker 4 2006 still black screen
-Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 still crashes at camera screen
-Virtua Striker 2002 still crashes at save screen (worked fine in r174)
-Sonic Adventure DX Chao Race still crashes (worked fine in r164)
-Sonic CD still black screens after exit (worked fine in r181)
-Sonic Adventure Alpha still black screen (worked okay in r164)
-Sonic Mega Collection Proto still works without sound (worked fine in r164)
it would be best if you could track the excat rev that broke sonic chaos race instead of saying it broke between 164 and 199 an exact rev helps alot resolving the issue.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
it would be best if you could track the excat rev that broke sonic chaos race instead of saying it broke between 164 and 199 an exact rev helps alot resolving the issue.
Eh... this won't be easy... Guess I have no choice.

It's not.
he talked about nintendont being updated.
Nakata said USBLoaderGX was not the issue because it worked with older version of nintendont. So if nintendont fixed it, you don't have to update USBLoaderGX.
Maybe they changed/corrupted the path size if too long, so renaming to 6 bytes fixed your issue.?
I'll test it whenever I get the chance, thanks!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Eh... this won't be easy... Guess I have no choice.

I'll test it whenever I get the chance, thanks!
i sugest trying with 251 individual memory card just incase.

Trackdown virtua striker 3 save file issue

on 181 the game lost the ability to format or creat the first save data but if you already have a save file for the game loading it will work perfectly even on the 203 rev

So something on 181 brooke that game ability to format and do the first save on the memory card but the game isnt froozen since you can do the exit combo.

The_Frag_Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, how do I play a game in the original aspect ratio? I am trying to play twilight princess on the Wii U, and I am launching Nintendont directly from Homebrew Channel.
If I start homebrew channel in 4:3 then Nintendont is in 4:3 until I load a game. The game settings in Nintendont are not forcing widescreen mode.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, how do I play a game in the original aspect ratio? I am trying to play twilight princess on the Wii U, and I am launching Nintendont directly from Homebrew Channel.
If I start homebrew channel in 4:3 then Nintendont is in 4:3 until I load a game. The game settings in Nintendont are not forcing widescreen mode.

Does the GameCube version of Twilight Princess support native widescreen?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so you want to play TP in 4:3?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...