Hacking Nintendont

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every game i've tested so far seems to have a speed improvement on par with a retail disc, except for Super Mario Sunshine and Resident Evil 3, which have no improvements from what i can see.

I also discovered that Animal Crossing (NTSC-U) broke somewhere in a previous version, probably the same issue around the time as the other Nintendo EAD games in the 1.8X versions.

I'm going to track down when Star Fox Assault's memory card emulation broke now.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so i tryed splinter cell chaos theory on a wii with gc controller since ps3 controller freezes in 30 seconds ingame

on v1.101

splinter cell chaos theory - fully works there is an issue that sometimes the grab mechanic doesnt work you need to double press to grab characters and bodys but it only happens rarely.

Splinter cell Double agent- Cant get past language screen no controlls

Splinter cell Pandora Tomorow freezes after nintendo logo.

Splinter cell freezes after nintendo logo this used to reach mission select.

Medal of honnor frontline works perfectly on the first mission until the part where a door must open and when that happens it black screens

Medal of honnor rising sun black screens after selecting mission

Medal of honnor european assault-now boots up and appears to play perfectly

most of my test fully failled becuase i was using a ps3 controller now on the wii with a gc controller alot more games are working so i wont be testing nintendont on the wiiu until the ps3 controller is fixed sadly.

Goldeneye rogue agent fully works

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
v1.101 on Wii with GC controller

crazy taxi now randomly freezes ingame after like 5 seconds(audio strreaming issue?) some graphical glitches on the 2d drawings

call of duty 2 big red one -works perfectly but at 2x the speed it should its another game like the lord of the rings games

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh my word! Thanks for the updates with the fs seek... I can't believe how fast things load or rather there are practically no load times! Thank you thank you thank you!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh my word! Thanks for the updates with the fs seek... I can't believe how fast things load or rather there are practically no load times! Thank you thank you thank you!

Great to hear from everyone that this update helped with speed issues! Also I have no idea why r84 would break something like rumble, it did not change the USB code whatsoever so it should not be influenced by anything...

Reactions: intermet

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after taking fix94's advice, copying the bin folder with the wiiflow update, nintendont is now launching properly. thanks for the tip!

i started Super Mario Sunshine last night, still freezes for me on the FLUDD video. If I can import my GC save file, I can try testing further in game. Can someone point me to the instructions on how to import it? I know I have to go through dolphin and I have to grab the gci using the gamecube manager on wii but thats all i remember o_0

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i started Super Mario Sunshine last night, still freezes for me on the FLUDD video. If I can import my GC save file, I can try testing further in game. Can someone point me to the instructions on how to import it? I know I have to go through dolphin and I have to grab the gci using the gamecube manager on wii but thats all i remember o_0

To import saves you need to use Dolphins memcard manager (under tools), there you can open up the ID4 save in your saves folder, then in there you can import gci files or copy over saves from dolphin directly. Also just noticed that my wiiflow icon was gone from my signature, weird lol.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To import saves you need to use Dolphins memcard manager (under tools), there you can open up the ID4 save in your saves folder, then in there you can import gci files or copy over saves from dolphin directly. Also just noticed that my wiiflow icon was gone from my signature, weird lol.

Once again, thanks! That was surprisingly simple.

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, these tests are on my WiiU, using a ps3 sixaxis controller, I'm using nintendont v1.101 as of June 28th.

Super Monkey Ball: It plays! No music though because its audio streaming, but it plays for only a little while. I was able to format/create a memory card and save. Now, I played the first level, but before I reached the goal, all controller functions shut down, and the game crashed/froze, resulting in pulling power cord from my WiiU.

Super Monkey Ball 2: It boots and plays, but again, during the 1st stage, I move the character around, then controls shut down, and seconds later, game crashes/freezes.

StarFox Assault: This is strange, I have both the font_ANSI and ipl.bin files on the root of my USB drive. With that said, the text doesn't appear for all of the selection options. I was able to watch the fmv, pressed start, brought to a menu with no text, and could not proceed further.

FZero GX: It boots and plays, but seconds into driving, controls shut down, and seconds later, the game crashes/freezes.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: This game just does not want to boot past the copyright screen for me, ugh! This .iso of mine is a regular sized .iso, it worked on my Wii nintendont ages ago, but on my WiiU, it just refuses to boot. :-(

Star Wars Rebel Assault - Rogue Squadron III: My controls are non responsive at the progressive selection screen, so I can't test this game.

Megaman Anniversary Collection: I was able to select Megaman 4 to play, but there is loud garbage that plays every half second throughout game play, including the main menu within MMAC.

So that's my report. I just wish Star Wars would play for me, because I read that people are able to play it.

When I obtained the latest boot.dol, I deleted all my created config files before the new usage. Also, the control issues I've experienced, I did these tests with the hid option both on/off within the nintendont options menu.

Great work to all involved!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just commited r103, now nintendont should be compile on linux systems using the Build.sh in the nintendon-t directory (woo I was able to commit via linux, I'm proud of my knowledge lol)
edit: well there is r104, for whatever reason gnu make tries to execute the linux bin2h on windows if I dont explicitly say it to use the windows one, no idea why.

Robbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, these tests ate on my WiiU, using a ps3 sixaxis controller, I'm using nintendont v1.101 as of June 28th.

Super Monkey Ball: It plays! No music though because its audio streaming, but it plays for only a little while. I was able to format/create a memory card and save. Now, I played the first level, but before I reached the goal, all controller functions shut down, and the game crashed/froze, resulting in pulling power cord from my WiiU.

Super Monkey Ball 2: It boots and plays, but again, during the 1st stage, I move the character around, then controls shut down, and seconds later, game crashes/freezes.

StarFox Assault: This is strange, I have both the font_ANSI and ipl.bin files on the root of my USB drive. With that said, the text doesn't appear for all of the selection options. I was able to watch the fmv, pressed start, brought to a menu with no text, and could not proceed further.

FZero GX: It boots and plays, but seconds into driving, controls shut down, and seconds later, the game crashes/freezes.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: This game just does not want to boot past the copyright screen for me, ugh! This .iso of mine is a regular sized .iso, it worked on my Wii nintendont ages ago, but on my WiiU, it just refuses to boot. :-(

Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: My controls ate non responsive at the progressive selection screen, so I can't test this game.

Megaman Anniversary Collection: I was able to select Megaman 4 to play, but there is loud garbage that plays every half second throughout game play, including the main menu within MMAC.

So that's my report. I just wish Star Wars would play for me, because I read that people are able to play it.

When I obtained the latest boot.dol, I deleted all my created config files before the new usage. Also, the control issues I've experienced, I did these tests with the hid option both on/off within the nintendont options menu.

Great work to all involved!

yes thats what has been happening with everyone using ps3 controller in wii u since r84. r83 was the last version which did not freeze the ps3 controller. it was reported by another user that it is actually the rumble feature that crashes the controller and then the game. whenever the game tries to apply rumble, the ps3 controller malfunctions and the game crashes. one way of avoiding it is to disable rumble in any game that allows it. that way the ps3 controller seem to be working in r102.

Bracket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
just commited r103, now nintendont should be compile on linux systems using the Build.sh in the nintendon-t directory (woo I was able to commit via linux, I'm proud of my knowledge lol)
edit: well there is r104, for whatever reason gnu make tries to execute the linux bin2h on windows if I dont explicitly say it to use the windows one, no idea why.
Awesome! Thanks for adding *nix support!

Few comments about the new scripts:

It looks like you might have accidentally have done a find & replace and added double newlines \n\n to Build.sh which makes it hard to read the script. If this was intentional just ignore.

Using bin/bash as the shebang causing the bash shell to be required which is unnecessary and less portable than /bin/sh. Neither scripts require any bash specific features and should be compatible with any POSIX shell.
See https://stackoverflow.com/questions...at-does-bin-bash-mean?answertab=votes#tab-top

Please surround variables in quotes to prevent word splitting/globbing. The HID script fails shellcheck due to this. This issue is also present in the Makefiles. I'm quite certain both Windows and Linux are affected.
e.g: if $DEVKITPRO="/opt/devkit pro" $DEVKITPRO/bin will be /opt/devkit and "$DEVKITPRO"/bin will be /opt/devkit pro/bin. See http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/quotingvar.html
I'm not sure what a Windows compatible solution for the Makefiles would be or if anything even needs to be done different for Windows than Linux make, so I'll leave that for someone else to figure out since I can't test.

I'd also like to point out that it's usually a bad idea to supply a pre-built binary (bin2h). Binary compatibility across different Linux distributions is pretty iffy for a number of reasons (Google is your friend). Also, devkitPro supports OSX and these scripts should run just fine on OSX, but the bin2h binary will not.

I'm not sure if you saw, but I posted *nix build scripts a few days ago you could take a look at: http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-crediars-new-project.349258/page-450#post-5032350

Reactions: MassiveRican

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas