Hacking Nintendont

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone with a lot of games that don't load properly might want to test with r1.60 to see if others would work with the patch removed for a few more titles.
as it was put back in the next revision. Might be an idea..

OscarMDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have many problems with the USB Mayflash Adapter, actualy I give up. It´s like the CC sticks are not calibrated.

Somebody can help me?

This is my adapter:

VID=0925
PID=03E8

201112021437093572.jpg

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have many problems with the USB Mayflash Adapter, actualy I give up. It´s like the CC sticks are not calibrated.

Somebody can help me?

This is my adapter:

VID=0925
PID=03E8

201112021437093572.jpg

I don't understand what is exactly wrong with the adapter by your post. Give us a better description and maybe Howard can fix it.

Reactions: JnL_SSBM

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a video to explain my problem:

Thanks for the help!

Seems one/both of the sticks are pressed to the side. same problem that the mayflash 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box adapter had. Howard should be able to fix that.

You need to inbox him here

Edit: Try an earlier revision (under 52) first. Howard changed some of the controller code in r53. If it works in earlier revisions then you need to add some new parameters to the controller.ini

OscarMDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems one/both of the sticks are pressed to the side. same problem that the mayflash 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box adapter had. Howard should be able to fix that.

You need to inbox him here

Edit: Try an earlier revision (under 52) first. Howard changed some of the controller code in r53. If it works in earlier revisions then you need to add some new parameters to the controller.ini

I will, thank you so much.

Basic84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed my problem. It was the controller file name it had two .ini at the end, but you couldn't see it unless you used something like wiixplorer, so I used wiixplorer to fix it. Thank you to all the people who helped me on this.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed my problem. It was the controller file name it had two .ini at the end, but you couldn't see it unless you used something like wiixplorer, so I used wiixplorer to fix it. Thank you to all the people who helped me on this.

You have file extensions hidden on your computer. You should turn them on to prevent stuff like that in the future.

Reactions: OscarMDX

iwantpizza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Compat List Update: Working Games r62 (Wii)
^NTSC-U
Chibi-Robo! [mcemu=yes]
Cubivore [mcemu=yes]
Killer 7 [mcemu=yes]
Resident Evil 4 [mcemu=yes]

^NTSC-J
Dragon Drive: D-Masters Shot (Anime Disc) 480p
Hudson Selection Vol.2: Star Soldier [mcemu=yes]
Kururin Squash! [mcemu=yes]

>Compat List Update: Games with Issues r1.62 (Wii)
^NTSC-U
Odama [mcemu=yes] #No mic support; plays well without mic.

^NTSC-J
Shikigami no Shiro II [mcemu=yes] #No bgm (no audio stream support yet) but very playable.
==================================================================
Very impressive guys. It gets better, it gets better all the time.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

I don't like to tell you "I told you" but, I did tell you that your issue was more likely to be something like that. If you had posted a screenshot like I asked we might have realized sooner that extensions for other files weren't shown on your sd root. Anyways, it's good that it's working fine now.

As Adeka said, uncheck the "Hide extensions for common files" (or something like that) in your Explorer settings to avoid something like this happens again.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Do we have a list being started about what files we should cache per game?

Each game has its own files so there's no way to actually say "cache this, this and that". The only way is by creating your own cache.txt for the games and testing them on your own before you share them here (an user created a temporary github repository to host them).

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Each game has its own files so there's no way to actually say "cache this, this and that".
Actually there is, you can let the loader decide, this is already the case with loaders like Wiiflow etc.
There are more ways then one the do the caching, it is just that crediar decided to do it a certain way.
I hope this can be changed in the future because it is sounding really weird for me that the we ourselfs have to tell the loader which files to cache, which is maybe great for some games, but not very usefull for most games and very user unfriendly.
In fact, i am suspecting that if you cache the wrong files or the wrong amount, it could result to problems with stability.

Reactions: MassiveRican

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
>Compat List Update: Working Games r1.62 (Wii)
^NTSC-U
Chibi-Robo! [mcemu=yes]
Cubivore [mcemu=yes]
Killer 7 [mcemu=yes]
Resident Evil 4 [mcemu=yes]

^NTSC-J
Dragon Drive: D-Masters Shot (Anime Disc) 480p
Hudson Selection Vol.2: Star Soldier [mcemu=yes]
Kururin Squash! [mcemu=yes]

>Compat List Update: Games with Issues r1.62 (Wii)
^NTSC-U
Odama [mcemu=yes] #No mic support; plays well without mic.

^NTSC-J
Shikigami no Shiro II [mcemu=yes] #No bgm (no audio stream support yet) but very playable.
==================================================================
Very impressive guys. It gets better, it gets better all the time.

it would be very helpfull if you told the iso size aswhell same for saying if the sound is working , i edited your entrys on the compat list except for resident evil 4 since ppl said it would freeze when acessing the inventory ingame and cutscenes had no sound bu you say it works perfectly for you so idkn.

do something like this if you dont want to edit the compat list yourself

nintendont version-region-iso size-sound-mcemu-notes

Edit i just tryed cubivore and it freezes when reaching mcemu screen like it always did so i wonder did you really tryed the games? or just played the intro and said it was all ok? what iso size did you use?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Actually there is, you can let the loader decide, this is already the case with loaders like Wiiflow etc.
There are more ways then one the do the caching, it is just that crediar decided to do it a certain way.
I hope this can be changed in the future because it is sounding really weird for me that the we ourselfs have to tell the loader which files to cache, which is maybe great for some games, but not very usefull for most games and very user unfriendly.
In fact, i am suspecting that if you cache the wrong files or the wrong amount, it could result to problems with stability.

Well, of course, since the limit is on "file quantity" and not the filesizes, if you chose to cache a lot of several big files, you'd probably run out of memory and cause issues (Just guessing here, but that sounds plausible)

However, I don't really see how you'd make the loader know which files from the different games it has to cache, it would have to already "know" which ones are loaded more often or in the "slowest" scenes or areas of the game, store them in a list, and then create the cache.txt as a future reference. You'd have to play a lot of the game for that, though, and by the time you have the "perfect" cache, you might have already finished the game. There's simply no other way to know what files are needed, except the way it is now : YOU decide.

I agree that it's not user friendly, but it's also not a necessity, the games run fine so caching is only for those who're willing to and know enough to make the cache.txt or those who can wait until someone else shares the txt they created.

That's why i recommend those who don't know what they're doing to simply ignore this feature and wait until someone else do the job. Sometimes it's even a pain to do because you need a good computer to run the games in Dolphin while checking the file monitor logs.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All 3 Harvest Moon games have perfect compatibility besides long load times.

Edit: Simpsons Hit and Run works. It stays on the first screen for awhile though.

Reactions: jammybudga777

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow