Hacking Nintendont

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello,

Sorry for my english.
I'm french and I want play at my game in french. I can read on the wiki of Nintendont :
"Region - Enter "USA," "JAP," or "EUR", or specific county code "FRN", "GER", "SPN", "ITL" "DUT" or "AUS". Do NOT change the region of an existing game entry. When there is a special release for a specific country, enter an appropriate abbreviation."
And :
"Template to add a new entry
{{ NIN| name = game_name | region = USA/JAP/EUR | sound = Works/Issues/Doesn't Work | dsp = vxx | ver = r5 | status = Works/Issues/Doesn't Work | comp = yes/issues/no | size = | mcemu = yes/issues/no | wide = yes/issues/no | 480P = yes/issues/no | fst = yes/issues/no | notes = }}"

But I didn't understand how add this template.

Thanks you :) ,

That's not related to the game language at all, it's only a guideline for those who want to edit the wiki and add info about a game's compatibility; I think you can't yet choose the language for the games.

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You might want to remove the whole "KERNEL FAILED TO LOAD! Shutting down\n" stuff
Really like your comments, takes you (and many others) 1 second to patch, and for people here who basicaly understand you !
And already patched month ago by people who understand coding basics....
yeah still trolling....

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fix for USB tested on both launch wii and newer wii (wiiu untested):

Code:
const unsigned char HWAccess_ESPatch[] =
{
    0x0D, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00,
    0x0D, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00,
    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0F,
    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03,
    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x02,
};

Reactions: JoostinOnline

SPIRE Florian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's not related to the game language at all, it's only a guideline for those who want to edit the wiki and add info about a game's compatibility; I think you can't yet choose the language for the games.

Ok, thanks, but I can't choose the language in the game (on a real gamecube, we enter the language when we start it without game).

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad to see that while Crediar is no longer hard at work on this that he still contributes, his genius I'm sure will help make this thing work all the more successfully.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Fix for USB tested on both launch wii and newer wii (wiiu untested):

Code:
const unsigned char HWAccess_ESPatch[] =
{
    0x0D, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00,
    0x0D, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00,
    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0F,
    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03,
    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x02,
};

You're amazing OverjoY, I've tested it on my family wii and it works. Thanks a lot! and to crediar as well for trying to figure out what was needed

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he is just tired of reading stupid things...

Aw give him a little more credit, he's a good guy. He by no means has to read through this thread at all, he said he was done, and yet he released the source and let others handle it. He didn't have to do that either.

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Aw give him a little more credit, he's a good guy. He by no means has to read through this thread at all, he said he was done, and yet he released the source and let others handle it. He didn't have to do that either.
Don't understand why he still reply to loosy questions till everyone here are waiting for a full warez purpose....

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't tried anything since r44, tried r50 today and things seem brighter.

Kirby Air Ride won't really let me play, but rather just cycles through the menus automatically. Tried unplugging the GC controller and plugging it back in as well as trying a different one: nothing. This is on an old Wii with GC ports. EDIT: This happened on r44 as well. I thought that was strange since Adeka specifically tested Kirby Air Ride with no problems. I don't know if Adeka was using a GC controller though...

Kirby Air Ride only works when it is stored on a flash drive. It loads when Nintendont is loaded from both SD and USB. If I do anything with my external hard drive it gives me Error 5, which means the Disk Image is bad. Really strange since it is the exact same file...

Silix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The "Crediar Fix v2" doesn't work on usb (can you please post a compiled version with last OverjoY fix ?), but on sd it reaches Loading patched kernel 10 and remains blocked on the message "Init CARD...".

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't understand why he still reply to loosy questions till everyone here are waiting for a full warez purpose....

I think he just cares. He could probably fix this a lot quicker than we collectively can, but it doesn't interest him anymore to keep working full time on the app. Even still at the end of the day, this thing is his baby, so when he sees an easy fix he probably feels a little inclined to help out. Which again, by no means, does he have to do. I just think its nice that he does. Crediar is the man. I'm still loving the Quadforce capabilities on my standard Wii.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The "Crediar Fix v2" doesn't work on usb (can you please post a compiled fixed version ?), but on sd it reaches Loading patched kernel 10 and remains blocked on the message "Init CARD...".

This one should work without any problems, now I only need to get my controller.ini working lol.

Edit: I see many have downloaded the file I attached, this fix has been merged in the official dol so please download from the first post the latest revision.

Reactions: Walker D and Silix

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't tried anything since r44, tried r50 today and things seem brighter.

Kirby Air Ride won't really let me play, but rather just cycles through the menus automatically. Tried unplugging the GC controller and plugging it back in as well as trying a different one: nothing. This is on an old Wii with GC ports. EDIT: This happened on r44 as well. I thought that was strange since Adeka specifically tested Kirby Air Ride with no problems. I don't know if Adeka was using a GC controller though...

Kirby Air Ride only works when it is stored on a flash drive. It loads when Nintendont is loaded from both SD and USB. If I do anything with my external hard drive it gives me Error 5, which means the Disk Image is bad. Really strange since it is the exact same file...

That was on a Wii U so I cannot use gamecube controllers. All my tests are done with a ps3 controller as well.

Reactions: JnL_SSBM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: new smilie ^ its much better than the rest (except for the fact that only touhou fans really...