Hacking Nintendont

KRFP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
What do you mean? There really isn't a "GC mode." MIOS essentially does the exact same thing as Nintendont except it also lowers the CPU clock speed.
I'm just going by this:

seriously guys I have the feeling people in this forum get noobier every day. there IS an actual GC Mode which is some sort of processor flag added by nintendo, that flag sets the processor into GC mode, meaning the processor underclocks itself and basically redirects all devices to the original location thus perfectly emulating the illusion of it being a real GC. Nintendont does NOT touch the processor in one bit. ALSO, we do NOT delay any code execution, I do actually modify the ingame code so the game has a proper perspective of time, alot of games did calculate its time by checking how many ticks the processor already did using various reference variables the games decided to use. I analyzed game code over all these months to gradually modify their reference variables to be accurate to the wii processor ticks time so now all games again know the proper times.

In fact, he was replying to you!

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's exactly what I said. Nintendont does not underclock the processor. Other than that it does the same thing as the Gamecube MIOS that came with the earlier Wiis.

Devolution may use the lower clock speed but I've never used it.

KRFP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Why does Nintendont not underclock the processor?

Is there any difference between how, say, a GC launcher like Swiss on the Wii and DIOS MIOS (assuming that underclocks the CPU) would run GC games? What's the best launcher for that?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is there any difference between how, say, a GC launcher like Swiss on the Wii and DIOS MIOS (assuming that underclocks the CPU) would run GC games? What's the best launcher for that?

You're posting on the thread of the best GC loader. :P

I have no idea about Swiss, I don't see what the need for it is on Wiis. And DIOS MIOS is just a patched MIOS that redirects the disc interface and memory cards to SD or USB. Is there a particular reason you want to underclock the CPU?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

because it needs the extra processing speed to do stuff like memory card emulation, forced videomodes,emulating controllers, emulating some components missin on wii mode usualy sound related and so on, what would be the point of lowering the cpu?

the reason gc homebrew does not work on nintendont is becuase nintendont works with the point of patching sdk functions and such, homebrew has no functions its all wild and loose and nintendont does not see any pattern to patch.

Reactions: GreyWolf

KRFP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You're posting on the thread of the best GC loader. :P

I have no idea about Swiss, I don't see what the need for it is on Wiis. And DIOS MIOS is just a patched MIOS that redirects the disc interface and memory cards to SD or USB. Is there a particular reason you want to underclock the CPU?
Mainly just for perfect accuracy.

KRFP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
for perfect acuracy you use a gc or the gc mode on original wiis, nintendont needs the extra stuff to dow hat nintendont does like i said abode.
I understand that. I'm just wondering if there's a homebrew launcher that works exactly like the disc launcher (along with the benefits of region-free games and video modes). Reason is I got NTSC copies of Mario Sunshine and Pikmin recently, and even with Priiloader, I can't play them through the disc launcher on my PAL Wii.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I understand that. I'm just wondering if there's a homebrew launcher that works exactly like the disc launcher (along with the benefits of region-free games and video modes). Reason is I got NTSC copies of Mario Sunshine and Pikmin recently, and even with Priiloader, I can't play them through the disc launcher on my PAL Wii.
if i remenber correctly a very old neogama version did launch gc discs either original or burned from the drive, but you would need to do some very outdated hack that would make all gc disc unable to be launched from the official gc launcher on wii so only gc discs could run from neogama itself, also every game on nintendont runs like it would run, there is no speed ups if that is your concern or something as long as you dont turn on unlock speed limit, and nintendont does play every gc game released.

Last edited by pedro702,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By any chance are you trying to do a speed run?

Prime321

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I put my stuff correct on my USB drive and its FAT32. However Nintendont gives the an error called : nintendont usb fat device could not be opened : How do I fix this?

KRFP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Why have people stopped using Swiss? Does everyone play GC games on the Wii/Wii U instead?

Don't want to sound like I'm shitting on Nintendont, because I really do appreciate what you guys have done with it. But, is there any difference in gameplay/graphics between a real GC and Nintendont in practice? The latter's not emulating any gameplay aspects, right?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why have people stopped using Swiss? Does everyone play GC games on the Wii/Wii U instead?

Don't want to sound like I'm shitting on Nintendont, because I really do appreciate what you guys have done with it. But, is there any difference in gameplay/graphics between a real GC and Nintendont in practice? It's not emulating any gameplay aspects, right?
Nintendont is not an emulator. The only thing it emulates is if you use Memory Card Emulation for a virtual memory card. Other than that everything is interpreted. Nintendont simply converts the GC calls to the Wii/vWii mode.

KRFP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Nintendont is not an emulator. The only thing it emulates is if you use Memory Card Emulation for a virtual memory card. Other than that everything is interpreted. Nintendont simply converts the GC calls to the Wii/vWii mode.
So, in other words, it's adjusting games to the higher clock speed inherent to the Wii/vWii mode, with essentially perfect accuracy? Is this done on a system basis or a game-by-game basis?

While we're at it, I might as well ask if there's any practical difference between the Wii and vWii?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, in other words, it's adjusting games to the higher clock speed inherent to the Wii/vWii mode, with essentially perfect accuracy? Is this done on a system basis or a game-by-game basis?

While we're at it, I might as well ask if there's any practical difference between the Wii and vWii?
Nintendont has per game patches for GC call redirection. Also there is no difference between Wii/vWii as the Wii U will down clock the CPU down to Wii speeds and the Wii U has the Wii's GPU built in so everything that the Wii can run the Wii U runs identically.

Reactions: KRFP

KRFP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Nintendont has per game patches for GC call redirection. Also there is no difference between Wii/vWii as the Wii U will down clock the CPU down to Wii speeds and the Wii U has the Wii's GPU built in so everything that the Wii can run the Wii U runs identically.
So games essentially run the same as they would on a GC (in practice)?

Last edited by KRFP,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
obviosly, if they didnt then games would crash...

btw the reason people dont use swiss is obvious, first swiss compatibility is crap, nintendont has perfect compat, swiss needs a gc and hardware to work, nintendont is all software and hacked on wii or wiiu for free nothing required,games can run on 480p without a special device like the gc needs that costs an arm and a leg, nintendont emulates memory card,can use BT controllers,hid controllers and all that good stuff, alot more people own a wii or wiiu besides the gc, basicaly there is zero advantages too actualy using your gc over a wii with gc ports besides the gb player wich you can use numerous emulators for them on wii and wiiu aswhell.

Last edited by pedro702,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the only potential difference you may find is that games that possibly lagged on an original gamecube when a lot was going on wont lag as hard as the cpu clock speed is 50% faster, besides that you probably wont find any differences.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: