Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't remember the version of Nintendont for the moment but I'll think about mentioning it when asking for help from now on :) That shouldn't change many things for the concerned problems anyway.

I've been told about the required MCEmu for the BIOS to work, but it still didn't show up at least for arcade games. They were put in the correct place with the right filenames. I don't have any reason to use them anymore though so I got rid of the files :)

Sorry if it wasn't clear but you probably got me wrong about the Baten Kaitos issue; I didn't want to force another language in the game, and got the USA ISO for a reason (which is 60Hz and 480p as you can guess!) even though I'm French. Of course I quickly found the reason for the corrupted texts so I could get those right when forcing English or make the Wii system settings in English. I just found it really odd that using my real memory cards with PAL saves still corrupted the text whereas the language was actually forced in English, and I don't have any PAL Baten Kaitos save file on any memory card. Well at least, I could find what cause it and use MCEmu instead but I was just curious to know if anyone else got the issue and knew how a memory card could force other languages.

By the way I tried using a PAL ISO for Baten Kaitos but as expected, it turned out to be incompatible with forced progressive scan and is 50Hz only like PAL Tales of Symphonia, which I hate pretty much for being slower with bad optimizations and such.
Would it be possible to update the compatibility list about those two PAL games by the way? I may be wrong, but there's no way you can force progressive scan on them so it should be listed as incompatible. The same goes for other 50Hz-only games like Luigi's Mansion, but please correct me if I 'm wrong. It's always very interesting for me to have more knowledge about display issues and compatibilities.

Thanks !
you cant outright force progressive on pal games, you need to try and force a 60 hz videomode like forced ntsc video and then force progressive, progressive doesnt work with 50hz at all, you always need to force some 60 hz mode with it,also for pal games some accept the forced 60hz some dont but only if they acept the 60hz modes is that you can force progressive.

Nintendont version is very important, some people run around with versions like 250 and such and report issues when we are on 344 now so yeah you mentioned bios lag that lag was at like 300 and few and was fixed later on thats why it matters, make sure you always say the version number.

if the bios didnt appeared and you were using an 344 nintendont version they werent correctly named or on the correct place also like i said if you have mcemu off they wont show up at all anyway.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
The port could have been so much better, as the Gamecube has far superior hardware than the PS2, however, since it was rushed, the game suffers inconsistent framerate issues. I bought the game when it came out back in 2002/2003 (I think), and the issue bothered me way back when, so I ended up selling my copy.
Indeed, the Gamecube has a better hardware than the PS2, Sonic Heroes for example, while it still suffers from slowdowns in 2P mode runs flawlessly in 1P mode on Gamecube, the PS2 version suffers from slowdowns in all modes, the Xbox version however runs flawlessly in both modes.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, the Gamecube has a better hardware than the PS2, Sonic Heroes for example, while it still suffers from slowdowns in 2P mode runs flawlessly in 1P mode on Gamecube, the PS2 version suffers from slowdowns in all modes, the Xbox version however runs flawlessly in both modes.

I seem to recall hearing Devolution having some kind of feature that "fixes" framerate issues in some games. How they did it, I don't know, something to do with the clock speed. Sonic Heroes runs pretty good on the Gamecube for sure.

Repneb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !
I need help ! Resident Evil 4 isn't working good on Nintendon't. I'm on the latest version (v 342).
My problem is that sometimes the game freezes when it has to load a cutscene. RE 4 is the only game I have problems with. I tested a lot of different isos but the game keeps freezing while loading a random cutscene.

Please help me guys ! Thank you !

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi !
I need help ! Resident Evil 4 isn't working good on Nintendon't. I'm on the latest version (v 342).
My problem is that sometimes the game freezes when it has to load a cutscene. RE 4 is the only game I have problems with. I tested a lot of different isos but the game keeps freezing while loading a random cutscene.

Please help me guys ! Thank you !
forced settings?
not using an full iso md5 checked?

Repneb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that is a problem with nintendonts core design really, they are a few games (these and these in particular) who have the possibility to crash at any given time.

Ok thanks for the answer. But why is the game in green on the compatibily list with this kind of problem ? If it's a problem with Nintendont, it should be mentioned in the list.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
All forced settings are off. I'm new to Nintendont and iso. Can you explain me what an iso md5 checked is ? :)
manny isos on the internet are bad dumps so you need to check if they are good dumps

to see if you have a good dump do this

get this tool
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5y3tfpoil433rij/MD5_SHA-1+Utility.exe

load your iso on it wait afew seconds it will show some values
now go to redump.org

type your game there and choose your version in this case im guessing resident evil 4 GC ntsc/pal ?
click on it and it will show a md5 there copy only the md5 value, paste it on the tool and click check the tool will say if it matches or not, if it matches its a confirmed good dump if it doesnt then its a bad dump the internet is full of them and people can even get bad dumps when ripping their own isos which also happens alot.

Played RE 4 entirely on nintendont and only crahsed once due to me using forced widescreen for like 4 hours straight the game works perfectly if its a good dump.

Also are you shrinking the isos? becuase shrinking the isos can cause alot of troubles.You should always use full 1.35gb isos md5 checked thoase are always the safest options.

What fix meant there is a chance to crash is nintendont isnt bullet proof every game has a tiny chance to crash nothing is 100% perfect.

Last edited by pedro702,

Repneb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
manny isos on the internet are bad dumps so you need to check if they are good dumps

to see if you have a good dump do this

get this tool
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5y3tfpoil433rij/MD5_SHA-1+Utility.exe

load your iso on it wait afew seconds it will show some values
now go to redump.org

type your game there and choose your version in this case im guessing resident evil 4 GC ntsc/pal ?
click on it and it will show a md5 there copy only the md5 value, paste it on the tool and click check the tool will say if it matches or not, if it matches its a confirmed good dump if it doesnt then its a bad dump the internet is full of them and people can even get bad dumps when ripping their own isos which also happens alot.

Played RE 4 entirely on nintendont and only crahsed once due to me using forced widescreen for like 4 hours straight the game works perfectly if its a good dump.

Also are you shrinking the isos? becuase shrinking the isos can cause alot of troubles.You should always use full 1.35gb isos md5 checked thoase are always the safest options.

What fix meant there is a chance to crash is nintendont isnt bullet proof every game has a tiny chance to crash nothing is 100% perfect.

I'm not shrinking the iso and it is a good dump. Maybe I'm just unlucky or maybe Nintendont hates me XD

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I seem to recall hearing Devolution having some kind of feature that "fixes" framerate issues in some games. How they did it, I don't know, something to do with the clock speed. Sonic Heroes runs pretty good on the Gamecube for sure.
That's what I remember too but I'm not sure, that's why I asked if such a thing can be done with Nintendont!

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Troopage since you're looking into the 360 any chance on looking into the twin ps2 adapter i mentioned? Or is that an impossibility due to you not having one/a generic problem for multi?

Another thing i thought, can you do 2 buttons = z button etc in the config? Would be handy since my L1 is just sat there lonely and https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/wiki/ControllerSetup doesn't mention it (or is that thing defunct?)

Edit: just realised something when i tried swapping usb ports to see if that works. Multiinvalue=02 sets controller 1 as being controller 2, and wiimote as controller 1. Is that the intended outcome of 02?
Also, as an experiment i also tried 00&01 and 00+01 and player 2s controller strobes in and out, at the rate of the input interference. Turning on the wiimote with the former had the lights strobe player 1, 2, 4 full blocks and repeat. The latter was strobing off and 4 solids. Makes me wonder if it's something to do with the timer used for multiplayer input
As i said i can provide the xp drivers disc (i seem to remember ripping it at one point simce my laptop disc drive is bust and it was only 80mb or so) but let me know as I'll have to dig for it since going onto win7 made the disc redundant
I'm not a dev; I'm just a fan that is gathering up everything together for the smarter and sexier people to handle later.;)
I will, however, add it to the list.

Nintendont Wishlist
  • Swiss' widescreen sprite patching
  • 4:3/16:9 aspect ratio setting
  • Ability to take screenshots and record video
  • Home menu
  • FIFO dumping
  • More controller and adapter support

Nintendont Pipe Dreams
  • Better framerate in some parts of some games
  • N64 support (New app)

Reactions: Margen67

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I remember too but I'm not sure, that's why I asked if such a thing can be done with Nintendont!

I also believe another reason the framerate is so unstable is the poorly optimized particle effects, so if something like that would fix it, it would be awesome.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
that is a problem with nintendonts core design really, they are a few games (these and these in particular) who have the possibility to crash at any given time.
Like, randomly? :blink:
Dammit... And most of those games are the ones I like. PN03, or Viewtiful Joe for instance.
Any idea what could be causing that? I'd say it's not a very good idea to run games expecting them to crash at any given time.
Any way of preventing this? (If a fix on your side is not possible)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc