Nintendont

By sabykos, Jun 10, 2013 7,352,621 40,911 162

1. stfuminnie

stfuminnie Newbie
    Newcomer

@Repneb another consideration is your system version and hence installed cIOS. You realise how much a problem it is when you play the more recent wii games but if you're just using it for gc emulatiom you might not have noticed the need to update if you're on 3.2U for instance, since I'm assuming they're developing for the cIOSes built for 4.3 though im not positive. Might wanna google it if thats the case, just make sure to do a nand backup in case of bricking
    And @Troopage fair enough lol I'll get round to working through the 1453 pages eventually. Least you're putting in the effort to help fix etc not have to trawl through all the talk on how ps2 and gc ports differ to get to the meat of the problems
    That said, being as the ps2 was the best sold console in history would suggest better ps2 controller support since most people have one lying around 0:) </selfish_plug>

Margen67 likes this.
  2. VinsCool

VinsCool Persona Secretiva Felineus

Canada
    What does "FIFO Dumping" stand for? :huh:

Troopage likes this.
  3. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Antarctica
    I imagine it's related to Dolphin's FIFO player, which is typically used to demonstrate bugs or certain things to the developers. I'm not sure what purpose dumping FIFO logs from the real console would serve, though. I guess if a game is buggy in Dolphin, a FIFO log from the real system might show how it's supposed to really be.

Margen67, Troopage and VinsCool like this.
  4. sonictopfan

sonictopfan GBAtemp Addict

You know, formatting your device incorrectly can cause slowdowns at loading screens, random crashes, and music cutting off, did you format your device correctly with 32K cluster?

5. Link_enfant

Link_enfant Member
    Newcomer

France
    Talking about formatting, is there a specific way to format a 32Gb SDHC Card ? That's what I've been using with DIOS MIOS some time ago and now with Nintendont. Everything works well regarding games and I never had any crash or slowdown, but just in case if I have to format it someday I want to know how to do it right :)

6. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

United States
    The formatting tool from Secure Digital is what I'd recommend for formatting SD cards properly. The only exception being if you need to format a SDXC card as FAT32 or don't want 32KB clustering for whatever reason.

7. ccfman2004

ccfman2004 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I wish there was a Mac tool to format 32kb clusters or at least something that doesn't require the Terminal.

I don't like having to fire up my Virtual Machine to format the disk for Nintendont.

8. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

United States
    At least that tool I linked a post ago has a Mac build. I'm running Mint or some other Linux distro on my computers, so I have to start up Windows XP under VirtualBox whenever I want to format SDs or anytime that I want to control the cluster size of a MS partition.

9. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Cote d'Ivoire
    sneek/kenobi.bin is no longer needed for cheats right?

10. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 QVID PRO QVO

Mexico
    I think that was included as hardcode into Nintendont a few revisions back, can't recall which one but IIRC I think it is not needed anymore.

OriginalHamster likes this.
  11. FIX94

FIX94 Former Staff
    Former Staff

Germany
    Rizzorules, Margen67 and ShadowOne333 like this.
  12. ShadowOne333

Mexico
  13. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

United States
    yeah.
    it's also smaller than video files, so you can record your game using Nintendont and render it with Dolphin or fifoplayer + capturecard later.
    (of course, you could use a capture card from the Wii U, but you don't have the flexibility of rerendering it in Dolphin later)

VinsCool and Troopage like this.
  14. FIX94

FIX94 Former Staff
    Former Staff

Germany
    how the hell would something like a video recorder ever be possible with our slow write times? also we are on a real console so to even get near the FIFO in that way would require some ugly, big hacks which probably would let the game run at like 2fps if it wouldnt crash.

15. ShadowOne333

Mexico
    Hope you guys are aware that you are asking basically for a in-app game video capture.
    That's... heavy.

I think having Screenshot support would be more than going a mile for it.

16. stfuminnie

stfuminnie Newbie
    Newcomer

If you want to capture video you'll have to settle with dvd recorder. They can be pretty cheap second hand, but dvd-rom would be best since it supports rewritable discs at a bigger price. If its a recurring bug there's the inbuilt debugger, though I've never used it myself I'm sure it would support logging errors. Only bug I've encountered so far though is green lines for about a millisecond on booting the app. And having to update controllers.zip after changing settings too many times else weird problems persist like the strobing i mentioned before when i was messing around with +s and &s

17. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

United States
    I'd recommend a cheap capture device, like just a USB capture card for PC. I'd imagine you'd lose a lot of quality recording to DVD, even from a 480p source. Especially since you'd have to convert the already compressed and encoded video to another compressed and encoded format. With a capture device, you could capture it raw and directly encode and compress it to what you want.

18. fariasluciano

fariasluciano GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    That would be great.

Another thing that would be great to add to this option menu: some cheat manager, like fceultragx or snes9gx do.

19. RFVasco

RFVasco Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    So, I've been running nintendont via usb loader GX and it was all working great, except for some freezes I got while playing Luigi's Mansion. But when I got to the end of the game, the game always freezes, the sound gets stuck in one note and that's the end of it. I mannaged to beat the game once, but it froze after the last boss, but since then, I can't even get to the boss, cause the game will freeze in the animation that leads to the boss battle. I also tried playing Super Smash Bros. Melee to check if it was an iso problem, but after something like 10 minutes playing SMBM the game froze as well, the same way it did with Luigi's Mansion. Can someone help me?

20. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

United States
    Then its probably your hard drive if it's not your isos

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendont,