Nintendo is trying to force Discord to reveal the name of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom artbook leaker

asdasdasklfor.png

In February, a massive surprise hit the internet when a leaker managed to secure and upload the collector's edition artbook of the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Over 200 pages of content involving the highly anticipated Breath of the Wild sequel were available to browse, months ahead of the game's scheduled May 12th release date. That same day, Nintendo sent out DMCA takedowns to Discord, where the leak had originated from--specifically, a server called Tears of the Kingdom Official Discord Server, which was very much unofficial.

That wasn't the end of things; Nintendo has gone on to take things to court. On April 7th, Nintendo of America filed for a DMCA subpoena, targeting the artbook leaker. They've narrowed down the account name of the person behind it all, but are seeking a court order that would require Discord to give Nintendo the real name, home address, telephone, and email address of the user.

NOA is requesting the attached proposed subpoena that would order Discord Inc. (“Discord”) to disclose the identity, including the name(s), address(es), telephone number(s), and e-mail addresses(es) of the user Julien#2743, who is responsible for posting infringing content that appeared at the following channel Discord channel Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. The purpose for which this subpoena is sought is to obtain the identity of the Discord user Julien#2743, who posted infringing content that appeared on the Infringing Channel.​

:arrow: Source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
back then, everyone did it that way.
Yeah my parents have told me there was really no upper limit on the temperature of the hot plates the coffee pot would sit on at restaurants/fast food places. They'd get up to like 300 or 400 degrees (F), very surprising it didn't cause way more fires.

Of course, so many of what we consider to be basic safety precautions today weren't a thing until about the mid-eighties. A LOT of people didn't wear seatbelts and would just throw their kids in the bed of a pickup truck with an open box of tools. Gasoline and paint both had lead in them, and asbestos was still in widespread use.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Of course, so many of what we consider to be basic safety precautions today weren't a thing until about the mid-eighties. A LOT of people didn't wear seatbelts and would just throw their kids in the bed of a pickup truck with an open box of tools. Gasoline and paint both had lead in them, and asbestos was still in widespread use.
This is very true. Even cocaine, meth, and other drugs were used as well… drugs for medicinal use. It’s crazy to think how so much has changed in the past century+.

Reactions: Xzi

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Gee, they sure are making a huge deal of this book 100 people were eager to look at before release.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They need to fire Doug bowser. He's destroying Nintendo's reputation, because I'm sure many legit users know what's up, including myself.
I hate to break this to you, but Nintendo has always been this way. This is not a new development, this “reputation” isn’t new either.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to break this to you, but Nintendo has always been this way. This is not a new development, this “reputation” isn’t new either.
not to this extent. every week is another lawsuit or Nintendo trying to strong arm some entity.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What are the legalities involved in leaking something like this? Is it actually provable that it damages anything? It's not like the leaker signed any NDA so what is their actual offense?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What are the legalities involved in leaking something like this?
well the last guy that leaked something on purpose KONGnutz was the new super mario bros game on the wii and got fined a hefty fine in the thousands and had to end up declaring banckrupty. that's how ruthless these pricks are you think they are this fun loving company...oh no they are far from it! :blink:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
  • Wow
Reactions: subcon959

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I didn't know it was leaked and I don't really care tbh, I'll look at the artbook when my LE arrives and that will be it.

As for the leaker, I do not pity them. Given the time of the leak, it was either in storage or manufacturing and those things usually have NDA's, if I leaked something from where I work, I'd be fired for just cause, and rightfully so.

Reactions: Beaukilla

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste