The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has been updated to v1.2.0, fixes several bugged main and side quests

legend-zelda-tears-kingdom-3034240.png

The highly acclaimed sequel to Breath of the Wild, Tears of the Kingdom, received yet another update in quite the patriotic date for US residents, on July 4th, this one being version 1.2.0.

The update seems to address a lot of the buggy and glitchy quests that have plagued the game since release, with many players unluckily finding themselves in the odd spot of not being able to finish off several of the game's quests, with the game still marking them as incomplete and not allowing the next quest tied to it to unlock. While this might not sound too harmful at a first glance, some would be intrigued to know that even some of the game's MAIN quests were getting bugged, effectively halting progress in the game and disallowing players from finishing the game's main story due to this awful bugs.

This update effectively fixes two Main Quests that some players might have found themselves unable to complete due to this bug, and it also fixes 2 side adventures, 1 shrine quest and 3 side quest as well. Additionally, Nintendo has added the ability for players to receive extra in-game items if the game is started from one of the articles on he specific Switch News channel. A couple other slight bugs have also been fixes, and their usual "stability" point at the end of course.

Update Changelog said:

Ver. 1.2.0 (Released July 4, 2023)​

General Updates​

• By starting the game from within certain articles released on a specific Switch News channel (accessed via the HOME Menu) players can receive a number of in-game items.
    • Depending on the state of gameplay progression or the location in which the data is reopened, there may be cases in which the items cannot be received.

Additional Fixes​

• Fixed an issue where players could not progress beyond a certain point in the main quests “A Mystery in the Depths” and “Secret of the Ring Ruins”, the side adventures “Hateno Village Research Lab” and “Lurelin Village Restoration Project”, the shrine quest “Dyeing to Find It”, and the side quests “Village Attacked by Pirates”, “The Incomplete Stable”, and “Seeking the Pirate Hideout”. Downloading the update will allow players to proceed past that point.
  • Fixed an issue preventing fairies from appearing under certain conditions when they originally should have appeared.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the meals provided by Kiana of Lurelin Village from changing under certain conditions.
  • Several issues have been addressed to improve the gameplay experience.

:arrow: Source

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Couldn't get into TOTK. BOTW was fun because it was a new kind of Zelda, and everything felt novel. Played TOTK for about 30 hours, and it was basically the same thing as BOTW, but worse. Didn't feel like playing BOTW 2.0 all over again. Couldn't finish it. Also, the shitty graphics and frame rates of BOTW was forgivable as that game was from 6 years ago, and originally designed to run on a Wii U that is now almost 12 years old. TOTK on the other hand, with the same shitty graphics and shitty 20-30fps in the year 2023 is just inexcusable. Nintendo needs to pull their heads out of their asses quick, or they are going to fall so far behind, that they will join Atari, Sega, etc in the graveyard of companies that didn't keep up with the times.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Couldn't get into TOTK. BOTW was fun because it was a new kind of Zelda, and everything felt novel. Played TOTK for about 30 hours, and it was basically the same thing as BOTW, but worse. Didn't feel like playing BOTW 2.0 all over again. Couldn't finish it. Also, the shitty graphics and frame rates of BOTW was forgivable as that game was from 6 years ago, and originally designed to run on a Wii U that is now almost 12 years old. TOTK on the other hand, with the same shitty graphics and shitty 20-30fps in the year 2023 is just inexcusable. Nintendo needs to pull their heads out of their asses quick, or they are going to fall so far behind, that they will join Atari, Sega, etc in the graveyard of companies that didn't keep up with the times.
Switch runs about the same power as Wii U. Assuming BOTW was already optimized for the Wii U, TOTK can't be much of an "upgrade".

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
almost never repeats anything
That's downplaying it by a big amount.

What about:
1. Koroks
2. Overworld Towers
3. Lightroots
4. Certain Shrines / Shrine Quests like the no inventory Shrines and moving around green Crystals.
5. Bullfrogs
6. Wells (since they are way less different to another compared to caves)
7. HOW IS HE STILL STANDING?
8. Repeating the whole compendium from botw, shrines + blessings of light, fairy upgrades, tutorial area (how the tutorial is handled)
9. Fairy unlocks (move A to B) and upgrading armor
10. Temples: Always find the 4-5 things to go to the boss
11. Jiga encounters
12. Farming Zonite, as well as almost any other ressource. Minerals suck to farm too.
13. Let me tell you the tale of the Imprisoning War..
Let me tell you the tale of the Imprisoning War..
14. Stables
15. The procedure of finding/doing shrines is repetitive. They content has better variety this time, but it's tiring looking at the same thing for over 100 times.

Reactions: Ligeia

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Switch runs about the same power as Wii U. Assuming BOTW was already optimized for the Wii U, TOTK can't be much of an "upgrade".
Yeah, I get that. The point is that Nintendo should have released an upgraded Switch (pro version), or new console all together with the release of TOTK. Or they could have dumbed down the graphics of TOTK even more so that you at least didn't have a constant stuttering mess of sub 30fps. Better graphics are desirable, but the real deal breaker for me is the god awful frame rates. If the game doesn't run fluidly, it's essentially broken, and barely playable imo. Nintendo is so far behind the curve these days, that even an updated Switch or new console would still be woefully under powered by today's standards.

Reactions: Xzi

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, I get that. The point is that Nintendo should have released an upgraded Switch (pro version), or new console all together with the release of TOTK. Or they could have dumbed down the graphics of TOTK even more so that you at least didn't have a constant stuttering mess of sub 30fps. Better graphics are desirable, but the real deal breaker for me is the god awful frame rates. If the game doesn't run fluidly, it's essentially broken, and barely playable imo. Nintendo is so far behind the curve these days, that even an updated Switch or new console would still be woefully under powered by today's standards.
I know on release it had some pretty bad performance issues, but after the patch dropped I thought it pretty much ran like BOTW. It's been a while and I haven't really done a serious investigation.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I know on release it had some pretty bad performance issues, but after the patch dropped I thought it pretty much ran like BOTW. It's been a while and I haven't really done a serious investigation.
Frame rate is almost never consistent once you have all five sages following you around, and the drop is extremely noticeable whenever you activate the lightning arrow ability in particular. There are also weird spots of the world where the frame rate tanks for seemingly no reason. I really should just dump my save to PC, emulated version has to be streets ahead already.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Frame rate is almost never consistent once you have all five sages following you around, and the drop is extremely noticeable whenever you activate the lightning arrow ability in particular. There are also weird spots of the world where the frame rate tanks for seemingly no reason. I really should just dump my save to PC, emulated version has to be streets ahead already.

I never activated the lightning arrow, so that's particularly interesting. My main point is that it plays like any other Nintendo game. BOTW 2. It didn't perform noticeably worse than BOTW since it's basically the same engine. If the 5 sages were implemented in BOTW, I'd expect it to perform similarly, as if there tons of mobs. In the past, people have expressed an interest in higher fps, but Nintendo hasn't seem interested in listening. Maybe it'll change with Switch 2, but I won't count on it. Nintendo doesn't seem interested in enthusiasts.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sir, FromSoft cant even be arsed to port their own crap, let alone do so competently.
Not sure why they would bother to port old stuff at this point though, Elden Ring introduced a whole new audience to Soulsborne games and AC6 is set to do the same for Armored Core. Elden Ring runs fine after you've compiled shaders, but that really should've been done at first launch instead of on-the-fly. Makes a first play through on Steam Deck the smoothest option, funny enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol