The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has been updated to v1.2.0, fixes several bugged main and side quests

legend-zelda-tears-kingdom-3034240.png

The highly acclaimed sequel to Breath of the Wild, Tears of the Kingdom, received yet another update in quite the patriotic date for US residents, on July 4th, this one being version 1.2.0.

The update seems to address a lot of the buggy and glitchy quests that have plagued the game since release, with many players unluckily finding themselves in the odd spot of not being able to finish off several of the game's quests, with the game still marking them as incomplete and not allowing the next quest tied to it to unlock. While this might not sound too harmful at a first glance, some would be intrigued to know that even some of the game's MAIN quests were getting bugged, effectively halting progress in the game and disallowing players from finishing the game's main story due to this awful bugs.

This update effectively fixes two Main Quests that some players might have found themselves unable to complete due to this bug, and it also fixes 2 side adventures, 1 shrine quest and 3 side quest as well. Additionally, Nintendo has added the ability for players to receive extra in-game items if the game is started from one of the articles on he specific Switch News channel. A couple other slight bugs have also been fixes, and their usual "stability" point at the end of course.

Update Changelog said:

Ver. 1.2.0 (Released July 4, 2023)​

General Updates​

• By starting the game from within certain articles released on a specific Switch News channel (accessed via the HOME Menu) players can receive a number of in-game items.
    • Depending on the state of gameplay progression or the location in which the data is reopened, there may be cases in which the items cannot be received.

Additional Fixes​

• Fixed an issue where players could not progress beyond a certain point in the main quests “A Mystery in the Depths” and “Secret of the Ring Ruins”, the side adventures “Hateno Village Research Lab” and “Lurelin Village Restoration Project”, the shrine quest “Dyeing to Find It”, and the side quests “Village Attacked by Pirates”, “The Incomplete Stable”, and “Seeking the Pirate Hideout”. Downloading the update will allow players to proceed past that point.
  • Fixed an issue preventing fairies from appearing under certain conditions when they originally should have appeared.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the meals provided by Kiana of Lurelin Village from changing under certain conditions.
  • Several issues have been addressed to improve the gameplay experience.

:arrow: Source

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, you actually have to play the game without cheating!? How sad.
If the game didn’t rely on such awful mechanics, the need to exploit bugs wouldn’t be so high..

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not even the Elder Scrolls games have durability anymore, and Skyrim, the game that got rid of that came out in 2011 (and no Elder Scrolls Online doesn't count because your equipment doesn't completely break, it just loses some of it's armor rating). Nintendo really thought "Hey, let's incorporate a mechanic that people thought was garbage over a decade ago and introduce it to a franchise in a game releasing in 2017". Not even Fable used durability and that was a game from 2004.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There was already too much shit to grind in BotW, and they added even more in TotK. It's not like Ganon is a major challenge in either game, he can be beaten with minimal/no upgrades, but why they would want to punish players who want explore all the other aspects of the game is beyond me. Most games of the "builder" genre give you unlimited freedom practically right out the gate, but at the very least they could've made stamina vessels give half a bar to make the grind for the other necessities more palatable. There are a few other aspects of the game worth criticizing, but this is the main one along with internal resolution/performance.

TotK is great for a Switch game, but it's no Elden Ring and it's certainly not worthy of 10/10s.

They did it 😩
Oof, guess I won't be updating for a bit.

Last edited by Xzi,

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TotK is great for a Switch game, but it's no Elden Ring and it's certainly not worthy of 10/10s.
I feel like this describes many modern Nintendo games. I'd give most of them 6.5-7/10. Doesn't mean I didn't like them (though both BOTW and TOTK were mixed bags for me), but there are a lot of things that could've been done better, and in many cases I felt it was world/level design or some bad mechanics (I didn't particularly care for how much emphasis there was on using Cappy in Super Mario Odyssey, it felt more gimmicky than FLUDD). But we live in an age where you have to give a game at least an 8/10 or the publisher won't send you free stuff or pay you off, and fans seem more rabid than ever.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I feel like this describes many modern Nintendo games. I'd give most of them 6.5-7/10. Doesn't mean I didn't like them (though both BOTW and TOTK were mixed bags for me), but there are a lot of things that could've been done better, and in many cases I felt it was world/level design or some bad mechanics (I didn't particularly care for how much emphasis there was on using Cappy in Super Mario Odyssey, it felt more gimmicky than FLUDD). But we live in an age where you have to give a game at least an 8/10 or the publisher won't send you free stuff or pay you off, and fans seem more rabid than ever.
Honestly, even though the Ubisoft grind is probably the more egregious design flaw, what annoys me even more is the way sage abilities work. Nintendo could've just had you hold a modifier button and press the DPad, and the only one of the five you'd have to interact with directly in-game would be the Zonai suit. Instead it's an absolute ordeal watching them all dance around each other trying to figure out which of them it is I'm trying to select. For as much as their games are praised for being "polished," they often lack some basic QoL stuff.

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Glad to read a few more criticism about this 'game of the millenium' here.

Not schadenfreude, but I am enjoying the fact that, hopefully, many gamers do not mistake 'complete a chore list' with 'entertainment software in 2023'.

I finally could try ER on my steam deck, sadly it runs as bad as TOTK (high TDP, 25-30fps...), damn...

Was 'from software' known for bad PC ports ?

Reactions: eyeliner and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Was 'from software' known for bad PC ports ?
Not the best usually, but they are a very 'traditional' Japanese developer, and in that context I'm willing to cut them some slack. Just as I'd be willing to cut Nintendo plenty of slack when first porting their games to PC, if they ever do. Can't do worse than the 20 FPS or less I've watched TotK drop to.

Isn't that the purpose of it?
It's not the reason I play Zelda games, and it's definitely not the most appealing aspect of TotK either.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they didn't fix the duplication glitch, game is just too damn grindy without it.
I keep hearing this, but I havent encountered this yet. I've just been taking this slow and grabbing any materials I saw. Had enough for basically everything.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
For us pirates any update is welcome, as cheats solve the possible duplication fixes. That said, I do invite people to enjoy this game without cheating. This game is about choosing your paths, and not 100% everything. The game is much more enjoyable that way I believe.
My second playthrough was clean, and man, what a blast!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4