The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has been updated to v1.2.0, fixes several bugged main and side quests

legend-zelda-tears-kingdom-3034240.png

The highly acclaimed sequel to Breath of the Wild, Tears of the Kingdom, received yet another update in quite the patriotic date for US residents, on July 4th, this one being version 1.2.0.

The update seems to address a lot of the buggy and glitchy quests that have plagued the game since release, with many players unluckily finding themselves in the odd spot of not being able to finish off several of the game's quests, with the game still marking them as incomplete and not allowing the next quest tied to it to unlock. While this might not sound too harmful at a first glance, some would be intrigued to know that even some of the game's MAIN quests were getting bugged, effectively halting progress in the game and disallowing players from finishing the game's main story due to this awful bugs.

This update effectively fixes two Main Quests that some players might have found themselves unable to complete due to this bug, and it also fixes 2 side adventures, 1 shrine quest and 3 side quest as well. Additionally, Nintendo has added the ability for players to receive extra in-game items if the game is started from one of the articles on he specific Switch News channel. A couple other slight bugs have also been fixes, and their usual "stability" point at the end of course.

Update Changelog said:

Ver. 1.2.0 (Released July 4, 2023)​

General Updates​

• By starting the game from within certain articles released on a specific Switch News channel (accessed via the HOME Menu) players can receive a number of in-game items.
    • Depending on the state of gameplay progression or the location in which the data is reopened, there may be cases in which the items cannot be received.

Additional Fixes​

• Fixed an issue where players could not progress beyond a certain point in the main quests “A Mystery in the Depths” and “Secret of the Ring Ruins”, the side adventures “Hateno Village Research Lab” and “Lurelin Village Restoration Project”, the shrine quest “Dyeing to Find It”, and the side quests “Village Attacked by Pirates”, “The Incomplete Stable”, and “Seeking the Pirate Hideout”. Downloading the update will allow players to proceed past that point.
  • Fixed an issue preventing fairies from appearing under certain conditions when they originally should have appeared.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the meals provided by Kiana of Lurelin Village from changing under certain conditions.
  • Several issues have been addressed to improve the gameplay experience.

:arrow: Source

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...gamer be gamer... Never being happy is the way to live right?
Gamers are complaining because "games are releasing with tons of bugs that will take years to fix" and now we have a game being released with bugs and the company behind it is releasing patches quickly to fix the bugs... And gamers being gamers : "but the game was better with the bugs, dont fix them please"

btaggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am shocked at people hating on this game. TOTK is the best game I have played in a while. Definitely worthy of a 10/10. The game is the exact opposite of a chore. There is so much to do but it so fun and almost never repeats anything. I am maybe halfway through and I don't want it to end. Not really a big Nintendo fan but when they make a any game, they make it right. Most of the time they make platforming game and types of game like Pokemon that I am not really into. I love open world games and so far I would have to say this is the best one I have played. On a side note, I hate Elden Ring. I played it for about 50 hours, beat 4 or 5 bosses, realized I had no idea what I was doing or why I was doing it. I just didn't feel like searching out the next boss or castle and gave up. I know people love Elden Ring but IMO, TOTK is better in every way except maybe graphics.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For us pirates any update is welcome, as cheats solve the possible duplication fixes. That said, I do invite people to enjoy this game without cheating. This game is about choosing your paths, and not 100% everything. The game is much more enjoyable that way I believe.
My second playthrough was clean, and man, what a blast!
Problem is currently the cheats are outdated and the person that made them and could update them is... poof gone.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-nintendo-switch-cheats.632193/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/cheat-codes-ams-and-sx-os-add-and-request.520293/page-2820#post-10199155

Reactions: djnate27

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Why is it always complaining on here you guys are annoying. If totk isn't your thing then just don't play it.
It’s wrong to have an opinion, folks. LuigiXHero says so.
Post automatically merged:

Gamers are complaining because "games are releasing with tons of bugs that will take years to fix" and now we have a game being released with bugs and the company behind it is releasing patches quickly to fix the bugs... And gamers being gamers : "but the game was better with the bugs, dont fix them please"
I don’t disagree, but there’s a difference between game-breaking bugs and exploits that do not negatively impact the playthrough.

Last edited by Kioku,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have to agree that both BotW and TotK are incredibly fucking grindy. Way more than then should be. Having the duplication glitch is a godsend, nobody wants to do the same thing 50+ times just to have enough of the same item to be able to upgrade something.

The grind in both games is one of the main things that keeps me away from going back to them, but it's far from being the only issue I have with them. People that have played other games outside the Nintendo bubble can abide by this, easily. Nintendo is still decades away from doing a good open world, and it shows.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh good, now new folks won't have to spend hours searching for a random hidden trigger that generated when you didn't do things in the specific order and method Nintendo wanted you to. Hopefully.

Sucks about the duplication glitch, though, those make the game 100x more fun and less grindy. I'll still hunt lynel and gleeocks but now for funsies not out of necessity to maybe get that one item. Hopefully new, less complicated, setups will be discovered.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I've never had a buggy quest, but I also don't build contraptions that are too ridiculous either. Most of my builds are 10 parts or less, and won't break the game.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I've never had a buggy quest, but I also don't build contraptions that are too ridiculous either. Most of my builds are 10 parts or less, and won't break the game.
There are some exploits in that regard that use as few as 2 parts (you can even kill all Lynels on the coliseum building some glitched stuff like those) and you can get max stack in few minutes of any freezable meat also exploiting the build system. I just don't know if they patched those yet.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened to me, and I'm sure there are many other triggers and scenarios, was warping away/ahead of the quest triggers. During the main story event with the rito, I warped ahead to the spot in the sky they said they were going. They weren't there. They also weren't at the "starting" point or where they showed up for other people. No, for me, the entire sequence of events had reset itself and I had to start over from the beginning. I got to see pre-scripted plot scenes more than once, and definitely wasn't intended. It was weird, especially since I didn't restart the game. Goron dude had something similar happen without warping, but he just disappeared for a while then reappeared seemingly randomly. Was weird.

Reactions: Kioku

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
What happened to me, and I'm sure there are many other triggers and scenarios, was warping away/ahead of the quest triggers. During the main story event with the rito, I warped ahead to the spot in the sky they said they were going. They weren't there. They also weren't at the "starting" point or where they showed up for other people. No, for me, the entire sequence of events had reset itself and I had to start over from the beginning. I got to see pre-scripted plot scenes more than once, and definitely wasn't intended. It was weird. Gordon had something similar happen, but he just disappeared for a while then reappeared seemingly randomly. Was weird.
Oh yeah, I did have that problem with that small bird child not showing up once. I made the climb all the way to the top, and then saw he still hadn't caught up to me, only to *finally* find his stupid ass all the way at the bottom.

Reactions: osaka35

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's an unusual circumstance when a bug largely alleviates a major design flaw. "Free items when you open the game through news articles" is Nintendo's half-assed way of admitting that people with a full set of Amiibo cards and/or people who are using duplication glitches are getting to the fun stuff quicker.

Reactions: Kioku

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was already too much shit to grind in BotW, and they added even more in TotK. It's not like Ganon is a major challenge in either game, he can be beaten with minimal/no upgrades, but why they would want to punish players who want explore all the other aspects of the game is beyond me. Most games of the "builder" genre give you unlimited freedom practically right out the gate, but at the very least they could've made stamina vessels give half a bar to make the grind for the other necessities more palatable. There are a few other aspects of the game worth criticizing, but this is the main one along with internal resolution/performance.

TotK is great for a Switch game, but it's no Elden Ring and it's certainly not worthy of 10/10s.

Oof, guess I won't be updating for a bit.
at least they don't erase your save if you cheated

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
at least they don't erase your save if you cheated
I mean it's an entirely single-player game, it would cause massive controversy if Ninty was deleting saves.

At least half the fun of Elden Ring lies in its challenging, well-designed combat, and it gives players plenty of opportunities to become powerful early on if they want to trivialize trash mobs. For instance, most people go straight to Greyoll when starting a second play through, and killing him with a rune bonus active takes you from level 1 to 45 instantly. If TotK had included something similar, whereby you can gain five heart containers and stamina vessels instantly, then that would've been great. Unfortunately it doesn't have that, nor does it really have skill-based combat to make grinding more enjoyable.

Reactions: Guacaholey

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I loved TOTK at first and sucked tons of hours into it but the grinding ended up getting the best of me and I had to resort to cheats to not spend more hours grinding for arrows, bombs, rupees and the 15,263 others things used as currency in the game. Now that I've finished it I don't see myself ever going back to it. It's too exhausting in the long run.

It does improve on BOTW on some aspects but all in all it's a rather lazy addendum when you look at it more closely : a remixed overworld, a mirrored underworld, sky island sets that are mostly blatant copy/pastes, all the time is spend grinding, grinding, grinding... I really can't see why it took them 6 years to release it.

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Cut 'em some slack, they were perfecting each of the ten pixels on the ground textures. :D
To be fair, some ground textures looked pretty good.

Especially the pebbles.
BOTW's pebbles were really nice and detailled, I can give them that.

No kidding, check them out if you get lost on the shores.
The pebble guy was really, really dedicated.

I didn't found such detailled pebbles in Persona 5, Arkham knight or even Doom Eternal.

Aonuma and Fuyibayashi can be proud of what they made of this serie, it is really underestimated pebblewise.

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did he grope you as well