Hacking I keep getting a "Common Key Size Wrong" error using wud2app.

Talhah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to install Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 as a Wup. The game was only released on disk so I can't use USB Helper.

I'm using wud2app, and I keep getting the error that the size of the common key is wrong. I have wrote the common key on a text document and then renamed it to "common.key" which did nothing. I then did the same but converted the text into Hexadecimal and renamed the document, which did nothing. I then decided to use HxD to create the file, typed in the common key into the decoded text box which then converted it into Hexadecimal then changed the Bytes per row to 32 to ensure it was all on one line. I then saved it as "common.key" and the error is still appearing.

I used the correct common key as it was the same one I used on the VC Injector and the same one I found online on multiple websites. I have all the files in one folder, everything is named correctly. The wud being "game.wud" The Disk key being "game.key" and the Common key being "common.key" I also used HxD for the disk key as well.

In the command line I inputted the code," wud2app common.key game.key game.wud"

No matter what I do that error keeps appearing, any help would be appreciated.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I then decided to use HxD to create the file, typed in the common key into the decoded text box which then converted it into Hexadecimal then changed the Bytes per row to 32
And this was wrong:
1) The key is a hex value, so you putted it into the wrong field. Do not transform the key from ASCII to hex!
2) The key is 16 bytes long (you just doubled the size by transforming from ASCII to hex).
3) A binary file, such as the .key file you try to create, doesn't know about newlines. Do not put any newlines inside!

Last edited by V10lator,

Talhah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And this was wrong:
1) The key is a hex value, so you putted it into the wrong field. Do not transform the key from ASCII to hex!
2) The key is 16 bytes long (you just doubled the size by transforming from ASCII to hex).
3) A binary file, such as the .key file you try to create, doesn't know about newlines. Do not put any newlines inside!
I followed what you wrote and the error doesn't show up anymore. But now I have a new error which states "Invalid FST," I'm assuming it has something to do with the game itself as the game.key worked. But I don't know what exactly may be wrong with the game.

Animator811

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to install Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 as a Wup. The game was only released on disk so I can't use USB Helper.

I'm using wud2app, and I keep getting the error that the size of the common key is wrong. I have wrote the common key on a text document and then renamed it to "common.key" which did nothing. I then did the same but converted the text into Hexadecimal and renamed the document, which did nothing. I then decided to use HxD to create the file, typed in the common key into the decoded text box which then converted it into Hexadecimal then changed the Bytes per row to 32 to ensure it was all on one line. I then saved it as "common.key" and the error is still appearing.

I used the correct common key as it was the same one I used on the VC Injector and the same one I found online on multiple websites. I have all the files in one folder, everything is named correctly. The wud being "game.wud" The Disk key being "game.key" and the Common key being "common.key" I also used HxD for the disk key as well.

Hi,

There are too may replies on here that don't give the full information on getting this done right.
After much trial and hair pulling I eventually got it, so here is what I did....

This tutorial is based on previously converting a WUX downlaad (mine tend to all be WUX) to a WUD.
I use this for games I can't find on WiiU USB Helper.

1) Download Wup2app and HxD Hex Editor if you don't have them already.
2) Get the common and game keys text file list here...
3) If your downloads are archived unrar them and install as n
4) Get your WUD file and place it in the Wup2app folder. Rename the game file to game.wud
5) Open HXD and creat a new file.
6) Copy the common.key from the list (It's at the top)
7) Paste the common.key into HXD - UNDER the OFFSET numbers 01 02 03...decoded text
8) Now Save As and Call it common.key
9) Close that HXD file and create a new HDX file. Do then same as above with the game key. Call it game.key and save it into the Wup2app folder as GAME.KEY.
10) You shoukd now have common.key and game.key plus your WUD game all in the Wup2app folder
11) Drag the WUD game over the open_cmd.bat file. This will open the command line for Wup2app
12) Copy all the text after the dash - wud2app.exe common.key game.key game.wud and hit RETURN
13) If you've followed this is should then start converting the file to a folder you can save to your SD card and install with WUP Installer GX2 on your WiiU.

Cheers
Oly

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also it's against the forum rules to share the keys, so you're lucky that your link is a 404 anyway:
  • We do not allow or condone sharing of title keys or any other form of copyrighted material or content.
  • Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, ISO and CIA files in absolutely any way on our forum including PM (private message).
  • We do not condone piracy in any way.
Those are the most frequently broken rules, and are the most important. Failure to comply with these rules may result in an instant ban on your forum account.
(Source: https://gbatemp.net/help/terms/ )

xMatt-Attackx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Did you ever figure out the solution? I am in the same boat

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you ever figure out the solution?
It's not that hard really:
have wrote the common key on a text document and then renamed it to "common.key" which did nothing.
A .key file is not a .txt file. You want a file containing the key in binary representation, not in ASCII (or UTF-8 or whatever). The handy thing is that this key is represented as hex anywhere so maybe you want to use a hex editor here...
typed in the common key into the decoded text box which then converted it into Hexadecimal
This again changed the data. You had a hexadecimal representation but instead of entering it as such you entered as text, so the hex representation got transformed to ASCII and the converted hexadecimal was no longer the key but an ASCII representation of the key...

So it's as simple as opening a hex editor and pasting the key as hex data, then saving that...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout