Nintendo is trying to force Discord to reveal the name of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom artbook leaker

asdasdasklfor.png

In February, a massive surprise hit the internet when a leaker managed to secure and upload the collector's edition artbook of the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Over 200 pages of content involving the highly anticipated Breath of the Wild sequel were available to browse, months ahead of the game's scheduled May 12th release date. That same day, Nintendo sent out DMCA takedowns to Discord, where the leak had originated from--specifically, a server called Tears of the Kingdom Official Discord Server, which was very much unofficial.

That wasn't the end of things; Nintendo has gone on to take things to court. On April 7th, Nintendo of America filed for a DMCA subpoena, targeting the artbook leaker. They've narrowed down the account name of the person behind it all, but are seeking a court order that would require Discord to give Nintendo the real name, home address, telephone, and email address of the user.

NOA is requesting the attached proposed subpoena that would order Discord Inc. (“Discord”) to disclose the identity, including the name(s), address(es), telephone number(s), and e-mail addresses(es) of the user Julien#2743, who is responsible for posting infringing content that appeared at the following channel Discord channel Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. The purpose for which this subpoena is sought is to obtain the identity of the Discord user Julien#2743, who posted infringing content that appeared on the Infringing Channel.​

:arrow: Source

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hope they don't get anything, but hopefully they were smart enough to use fake email/credentials

No no, we sue for our coffee being too hot.
yup. when they hand out coffee at nearly boiling temperatures, and it spills in your lap because of a loose lid and the 3rd degree burns makes it touch-and-go if you live, then they refuses any kind of support for the life-saving surgery, absolutely going to sue.

mcdonalds ran a negative ad compaign against the poor woman to save their reputation, and it's still working. but the lawsuit changed the industry; all coffee is served at much cooler temps today, at only really hot.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
yup. when they hand out coffee at nearly boiling temperatures, and it spills in your lap and very nearly kills you, then refuses any kind of support for the life-saving surgery, absolutely going to sue.

mcdonalds ran a negative ad compaign against the poor woman to save their reputation, and it's still working. but the lawsuit changed the industry; all coffee is served at much cooler temps today, at only really hot.
Yup, really hot. Not melt your face off hot.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it was melt your face off hot. it gave her 3rd degree burns and she went into shock. these high temps were normal back then, and even advertised as "so hot so it's still hot wheb you get to work". there were incidents before, but smaller (think hands), so they knew it was just a matter of time. very easy win legally, but they poured all their money into marketing so people *thought* it was a silly case.

no, it was a very clear cut case against mcdonalds.

Reactions: Acetonide and Xzi

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
no, it was melt your face off hot. it gave her 3rd degree burns and she went into shock.
all coffee is served at much cooler temps today, at only really hot.
I don't know what's funnier, this lawsuit or how deep some of you are getting into this...

I'm not laughing at someone getting hurt, more so the fact that McDonald's has always been so neglecting in their products. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the coffee was kept that hot because McDonald's didn't throw old product away and instead reheated it and thought the high temps would kill the bacteria before it morbidly harmed someone.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: yraverageamongoose

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No no, we sue for our coffee being too hot.
that old lady needed skin grafts and hospitalization. she also only asked for 35k. it went to court because mcdonalds feigned responsability and now they make thier coffee at a temp than can scold you in 30 seconds rather than a few.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that old lady needed skin grafts and hospitalization. she also only asked for 35k. it went to court because mcdonalds feigned responsability and now they make thier coffee at a temp than can scold you in 30 seconds rather than a few.
they didnt change the temperature of their coffee
They simply put a tag on their cup saying "Cautious, the content may be hot"

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no they lowered the temp by 10 degrees AND slapped the caution to try to prevent further lawsuits as more than 700 people made complaints around that time.

Reactions: Acetonide

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
No, they lowered it. It set a positive precedent. Still wouldn't recommend coffee from them though.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, yes. Hop in line.

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Bruh i can't wait to see how fast this game is going to be leaked so they can actually b1tch about it Instead of the artbook who didn't reveal that much

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bruh i can't wait to see how fast this game is going to be leaked so they can actually b1tch about it Instead of the artbook who didn't reveal that much
you can expect an average of 10 fps with massive drops to around 0.2fps

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I mean you would too if the burns were so extreme you needed extensive surgery because it burnt away 16% of your skin.

Oh people made replies already carry on.
…and they say originality is dead.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does discord collect location data? what kind of telemetry data does discord collect?

I don't know what's funnier, this lawsuit or how deep some of you are getting into this...

I'm not laughing at someone getting hurt, more so the fact that McDonald's has always been so neglecting in their products. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the coffee was kept that hot because McDonald's didn't throw old product away and instead reheated it and thought the high temps would kill the bacteria before it morbidly harmed someone.
back then, everyone did it that way. like I mentioned, it was advertised as being so hot that it stays really hot by the time you get to work. something of a marketing thing. but mcdonalds had been sued before about it but was able to make the lawsuits go away as they were more minor.

and definitely getting into it! mainly because neglect nearly killed a woman, and people keep going around laughing at the woman. it's just...cruel.

Reactions: Xzi

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
you can expect an average of 10 fps with massive drops to around 0.2fps
Hey now, we’ll see no lower than 2fps and you know it!

Also, I’m curious.. what, exactly, qualifies as a leak here?
Post automatically merged:

does discord collect location data? what kind of telemetry data does discord collect?

back then, everyone did it that way. like I mentioned, it was advertised as being so hot that it stays really hot by the time you get to work. something of a marketing thing. but mcdonalds had been sued before about it but was able to make the lawsuits go away as they were more minor.

and definitely getting into it! mainly because neglect nearly killed a woman, and people keep going around laughing at the woman. it's just...cruel.
Laughing at the notion of suing over coffee, not the poor woman being hurt. Not once did I claim that her circumstances are laughable, nor her pain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played