Nintendo Direct confirmed for tomorrow, will show off upcoming games

DmRzUzJU4AEsRKA.jpg

Nintendo will be showcasing its schedule of games tomorrow, in a Nintendo Direct. This stream will deviate from the Smash and Indie news we've seen lately, and will instead focus on both 3DS and Switch games, lasting around 35 minutes. The Direct will air on September 6th at 3 pm PT. Stay tuned, as GBAtemp will cover it live when it starts.

:arrow: Source: Twitter

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
...new items? They can add everything that didn't exist in the first one, which was a extreme amount of shit.
Ok so new items... And? (Also there's a huge amount of items that simply wouldn't work in Maker)

It would still be exactly the same game, it's harder to do on Switch and most of its potential player base are already long over it as a concept. It would end up a cluster fuck of mostly horrible troll levels, the usual badly designed levels and a tiny amount of levels worth actually playing, even more so than the first one was.

If Nintendo have any sense they'll leave Maker with its one foot in the grave to die in peace.

Reactions: orangy57

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear if I don’t see animal crossing Nintendo will have to see me!! Also Story of Seasons, and since marvelous has opened a new studio hopefully Rune Factory 5.

Reactions: Mnecraft368

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so new items... And? (Also there's a huge amount of items that simply wouldn't work in Maker)

It would still be exactly the same game, it's harder to do on Switch and most of its potential player base are already long over it as a concept. It would end up a cluster fuck of mostly horrible troll levels, the usual badly designed levels and a tiny amount of levels worth actually playing, even more so than the first one was.

If Nintendo have any sense they'll leave Maker with its one foot in the grave to die in peace.
... It's harder to do on the Switch? How?

Reactions: morrison22

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuk smash bros! We need new games... i hope they don't even waste 1 min on that shitty game
I am not a Smash fan cuz I am not into fighting games, however the music in this game has me interested... But even I know it's not a "shitty game". I mean come on, let's be real here. Focus on what you do like and hope to see, rather than complaining about what you don't want to see. Keep things positive, geesh.

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do streamers stream creation if it's handheld only?
They can stream playing levels or designing levels if Nintendo offers a way to do it in docked mode. Otherwise, they don't stream designing levels. The majority of the SMM customer base are not streamers so this does not matter from a financial standpoint to Nintendo. Also, Nintendo hates their games being streamed.

Last edited by morrison22,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do streamers stream creation if it's handheld only?
Tools can be mapped to traditional controls. Also, mario maker has a lot of room for improvement. Not only more items, but also stuff missing like slopes, better warp pipe behavior, longer levels, more backgrounds, enemies, more freedom for custom events and boss battles, improve the engine to match each game to what it used to be...

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They can stream playing levels or designing levels if Nintendo offers a way to do it in docked mode. Otherwise, they don't stream designing levels. The majority of the SMM customer base are not streamers so this does not matter from a financial standpoint to Nintendo. Also, Nintendo hates their games being streamed.
Most of the SMM streams I have seen are of playing levels, not making them. While creation streams do exist, afaik they are uncommon.

As for creating in docked mode, controller support wouldnt be that hard to do, I would think. (ninja'd)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the SMM streams I have seen are of playing levels, not making them. While creation streams do exist, afaik they are uncommon.

As for creating in docked mode, controller support wouldnt be that hard to do, I would think. (ninja'd)
I agree. Nintendo will most definitely create a way to use this in docked and handheld mode if it comes to fruition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI