Nintendo Direct confirmed for tomorrow, will show off upcoming games

DmRzUzJU4AEsRKA.jpg

Nintendo will be showcasing its schedule of games tomorrow, in a Nintendo Direct. This stream will deviate from the Smash and Indie news we've seen lately, and will instead focus on both 3DS and Switch games, lasting around 35 minutes. The Direct will air on September 6th at 3 pm PT. Stay tuned, as GBAtemp will cover it live when it starts.

:arrow: Source: Twitter

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do people really think Switch has more multiplats and ports than PS4 or XB1? I'd bet on it having a lot less if you actually counted. I guess memes don't tend to concern themselves with facts or hard numbers, though.
And I mean, even if the number of multiplats IS more... how is that a bad thing, exactly? Why would someone NOT want options on how they'd want to play a game? Porting from older consoles is one thing, but modern third-party support is NEVER a bad thing

Reactions: oji and Xzi

Nitro-Gale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably a lost cause, long shot, whatever you wanna call it...

But is it too much to ask for MHGU to be ported on the 3DS as well? Sure, the 3ds is a console on its last leg, but I would ask for nothing more than an official 3DS release of Generations Ultimate.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is probably a lost cause, long shot, whatever you wanna call it...

But is it too much to ask for MHGU to be ported on the 3DS as well? Sure, the 3ds is a console on its last leg, but I would ask for nothing more than an official 3DS release of Generations Ultimate.
Isn't it just MH: Generations with better graphics (which you wouldn't see on the 3DS)? Or are there other significant changes?

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it just MH: Generations with better graphics (which you wouldn't see on the 3DS)? Or are there other significant changes?
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate already exists on the 3ds as a japan only release called Monster hunter XX. There's always usually two versions of a monster hunter series (in japan) first they release the base game like MH 4 or MH X and then later on the release an "ultimate" version of it like MH 4U and MH XX which includes a substantial changes in the game like the addition of G-Rank (which is a huuuuge addition and adds a lot of play time, with new monsters or tougher ones to fight that become more aggressive have more HP ect) sometimes new areas and other balance changes. Western releases of monster hunter usually only get the ultimate version but for some reason they only localized the non ultimate version of the MH: generations (called Monster Hunter X in japan) this time around
So in short yes MH: GU does include substantial changes from the first generations game and MH: GU already exists on the 3ds just that it's japan only and hasn't been localized (The japanese version of this game also has crossplay between the switch and 3ds versions which is neat)

tedfurniss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK... I will be very disappointed if:

1: we don't see any prime 4

2: we don't see the remake of links awakening on 3ds ( I have sold my soul to the devil for this one so if the Internet has been lying to me AGAIN, I will be marginally upset)

3: I'm already sick of smash so please nintendo . NO MORE SMASH!!

FIN

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i hope in the upcoming direct they announce the localization of DQXI for the 3DS.
id love to play it on the GO...

also the switch version, 3ds for the chibi version <3

i also own it on my ps4.

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do people really think Switch has more multiplats and ports than PS4 or XB1? I'd bet on it having a lot less if you actually counted. I guess memes don't tend to concern themselves with facts or hard numbers, though.

I don't mean games releasing now being multiplatform but games that have been out for years getting ported to Switch. How many exclusives are there out on the Switch right now? In other words, I want more games that are only on Switch. No more indie game ports of games you could have played on any other system years ago, no more Wii U ports. I want to be excited for my Switch.

Everyone's situation isn't mine but I don't really take my Switch places so if I do play games it is at home. I don't care for a portable version of the game I played years ago. I don't care for the game I played on my Wii U years ago.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't mean games releasing now being multiplatform but games that have been out for years getting ported to Switch. How many exclusives are there out on the Switch right now? In other words, I want more games that are only on Switch. No more indie game ports of games you could have played on any other system years ago, no more Wii U ports. I want to be excited for my Switch.
I doub that e.g. FromSoft would have made a NX exclusive game, but a Dark Souls Remaster port they did. Sure you want more exclusives, but most of this ports come from companies that give either ports or nothing to the NX. Also all this great exclusives don't fly under the radar due to much ports since every exclusive title is celebrated alot. There're just not that many of them. You really shouldn't complain about to many ports in general, but because Nintendo let there studios waste there time with ports instead of making orginal games for the console and don't buys the services of other large game companies to make some stuff for the console.

Last edited by VitaType,

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I doub that e.g. FromSoft would have made a NX exclusive game, but a Dark Souls Remaster port they did. Sure you want more exclusives, but most of this ports come from companies that give either ports or nothing to the NX. Also all this great exclusives don't fly under the radar due to much ports since every exclusive title is celebrated alot. There're just not that many of them. You really shouldn't complain about to many ports in general, but because Nintendo let there studios waste there time with ports instead of making orginal games for the console and don't buys the services of other large game companies to make some stuff for the console.

Last edited by VitaType,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...