Germany

Vigilante

TempLurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really support this translation project since I really want to play Ni no kuni.(512mb a big number for the ds.)
This game practically used the full capacity of the ds.
I hope you get to finish it.

But wait is this like a one man team?
If it is maybe at the least try to get your self some help from reputable translating teams.(If possible.)

GertrudetheRobot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
theuniblog.evilspacerobot.com
XP
Country
United States
Well...later on when a good portion of the game is finished in the first round of English (50% or more perhaps) I would be happy to help with English to English editing. I have a bit of time and I work pretty fast. I just want to make sure that it isn't going to be a dead project before throwing my hat into the ring officially. So far it is looking good though! Go ahead and message me if you want when you get there. :D

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the book is awesome
i know, we do not need the book to play except for some Anti-Piracy-Checks,
but that is like in the 90s for games like ultima 6 (iirc)
you needed the compendium for just a few AP-checks, the rest is game info, like requirements for spells, stats for monsters, item lists and so on

it would be interesting, if the PS3 in-game-book has the same infos as the physical copy of the ds game.
that would make translating the contents a lot easier

Jefelin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good guys, forgive me for being so long away.
I have 100% ready videos, and 30% of the menus, however, and due to various reasons I decided to postpone the project until the summer.
The first reason is my work, I have one of the hardest years of my life ahead.
The second is to call the final question that the game is released in English and Spanish (though certainly I doubt it)
The third and last is that I want to wait to launch the PS3 version to take it as a reference and the translation is as homogeneous as possible.
Otherwise, I ask only patience and wait until the uncertainty is resolved, for my part I wish to release the game in a language understandable, if not touch it hard XD

tijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully by then you'll continue on with this translation. Really exciting for the PS3 game, but I've been wanting to play the DS one for so long. ^_^

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can say i'm in favor of all your hard work guys. especially since the eur/u.s version appears to have been canned in favor of the poorer ps3 version (ds version outsold it by about 6:1) seen a lot of videos of it and had the japanese version running and it looks amazing and a properly done english translation woul dbe incredibly popular

airrunner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I keep checking on this thread with the hope we may have some concrete news on a reales for this game. It truly looks supurb, and continuing to be hopeful we will hear some news in the near future,.

Pyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The ps3 and nds versions are the same, just wait for the ps3 release and the script should be the same, no? A translation 'copy-paste' should be easy.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Text limit can be bypassed, but the SAME text ? I highly doubt it...
but if this is the case then... Someone motivated and/or good enough could do it.
Example: Play through the whole Ps3 games while using PleoNex text editor to copy/paste everything (while having some good japanese notion to know if you're doing it right) then yeah, that's probable.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
translating this is a huge amount of work, that is correct.
there is another thread (
http://gbatemp.net/t...nglish-spanish/
) in here, where someone started to sub the videos, because he can, at least to spanish, which is at least a start, although there have been no new posts since a while.
for a serious translation, the book does not need to be translated in 100%.

the book consists of the data usually found in checklists in the game:
- bestiary
- spells & more magic stuff
- equipment, armor & weapons

what do we know, that is required for play?
- we know about some spells
- does anyone know more?

instead of complaining, we could try to translate at least parts and compile them to a new pdf.

Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have read all the previous pages as well as this page so as to catch up on the progress of this project. According to this quote:
QUOTE(Schezo92 @ Oct 7 2011, 07:20 PM)
I need two or more English speakers to correct my mistakes or mannierism.
This project needs a proofreader for the Spanish-to-English translation. I think I am suitable for the position because I am completely fluent competent in the use of the English language and have around a year and a half of experience with the Spanish language. It is only the basics in Spanish and nowhere near fluent, but enough knowledge to correct basic mistranslations and to proof read where necessary. As you can see from my post, I have reasonably good grammar skills with English, so grammar shouldn't be an issue. I'm a huge fan of Studio Ghibli's works, and I am going to Japan in March mostly to see Studio Ghibli's museum. I intend to buy the Japanese copy of the DS game while I'm there including the book. Obviously, I'm also getting the officially translated PS3 version of the game when it is released here. If you want to contact me, simply personal message me on this site or reply to this topic. If you accept me as proofreader, please let me know who's in charge of the project and I'll send them through a personal message my email address so we can directly talk to each other. I check my email twice a day, so email is probably the quickest means to contact me unless you use an instant messaging system like Skype. If I'm not accepted as proofreader, know that should this project be a success and DS games is fully translated, I will be one of the first people to download it and will be eternally grateful for the amount of work that went into it!

PS: Nice to see you Auryn! He's one of the leaders of the Ace Attorney Investigations 2 translation project, and is one of the most experienced in DS translation projects. Please be sure to respect his opinions since they come from a very large amount of experience!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work